“Awesome Ale House!”

Cuisines: American
Chicago IL
“Awesome Ale House!”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We stopped after the Flea Market to watch our team and grab a burger and a cool beer. What a delightful surprise! The food was amazing…Door County Cheese Curds served with bacon aioli and the Ale House Burger…8 oz with applewood smoked bacon, sharp cheddar, grilled onions and a fried egg…plus house made potato chips. Quiet Saturday afternoon with great service…lots of families and couples arriving as we were leaving.

Visited July 2014

Racine, Wisconsin
“Zombie Dust”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Our group of 5 had dinner at the Geneva Ale House last Tuesday night! Got seated right away (it was pouring rain, I think people stayed in) Our server was very friendly, told us about the specials and took our drink orders. I ordered Zombie Dust on draft, I've heard good things about this beer, and it was delicious! We got the fried pickles and pork belly tacos for apps, I could make a meal of the pork tacos! Ordered the special burger of the month ( andouille sausage and beef patty) a bit too "sausagey" for my taste, I've had really great burgers here previously. Love the pretzel buns and the sweet potato fries. Service was quick, and priced fairly. I'll be back for sure.

• Visited May 2014
Geneva, Illinois
“Great food and beer selection”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

It was a busy Friday night, so instead of waiting for the table we sat at the bar. The bartender was very friendly and provided great service. He told us that they'd had a special meal earlier in the week that included rabbit and quail, so the soup of the night was a rabbit and quail stew. I had to give it a try, and he counted it as my side even though I don't think the menu allowed that. The stew was good, like beef stew, but with a bit more flavor. I had a Cuban sandwich to go with it. The Cuban was very good, with a bit of a kick to it. The beer list was incredibly long, but I went with a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, one of my favorites. My wife had the fish tacos and a glass of chardonnay, and enjoyed both. This was a very nice dinner - much better than I expected in a restaurant situated in an old movie theater lobby.

• Visited May 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“A classy local watering hole!”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Geneva Ale House has a fantastic selection of beers from around the world as well as mouth-watering food. This is not your typical local watering hole! As other reviews on this site have indicated, the atmosphere is very pleasant and clean. Arrive early on Friday or Saturday nights, or you could have to wait for a table. Highly recommended!

• Visited March 2014
Arizona
“Friendly, great food, beyond what you expect from a pub”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

try the shredded pork, try the sausage plate, try the fish and chips, try the burgers, try the cod with brussel sprouts - one thing is better than the next

delicious ciders [pear is my favorite] as well as ever changing list of beers makes this an interesting place gets crowded shortly after 5 so get there early closed Mondays

• Visited April 2014