“Hot Italian for a cold day”
Review of Chianti's Italian

Chianti's Italian
Ranked #14 of 154 Restaurants in Geneva
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 16 December 2013 via mobile

We were walking 3rd Street looking for a place to have lunch. Stopped at Chianti's to look over the menu and were glad we did. You can get a 1/2 serving on a number of items which turned out to be an excellent value. We picked 4-Pepper Bayou Spaghetti and the Sausage & Peppers and we were not disappointed Yummmy perfect choice on a cold winter day. Looking forward to our next visit and chance to try another item.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

First time at Chianti's. Really like it. The calamari was chewy - skip it. Had the garlic bread appetizer - very good, loaded with cheese. I had the shrimp with broccoli on angel hair pasta - I got the normal size, figuring I would have 2 meals - it was huge - loaded with nice, big shrimp - I could easily get 4 meals from this. Husband got the crab pasta, which he said was excellent. Daughter had the chicken with peppers, also very good. House Pinot Grigio was very good and generous portion. Will definitely go again.

1  Thank Lynn P
Reviewed 19 October 2013

We have eaten at many restaurants in downtown Geneva but decided to try Chianti's this time. We were not disappointed. We had made reservations and were seated at a table looking out on 3rd street. My husband and I both had the lunch portions and were then able to split a dessert. The food was excellent and the dessert was one of the best cakes I have ever eaten. Next time in Geneva, we will return to try other dishes.

2  Thank Richdeni
Reviewed 16 July 2013

The best meat sauce and meatballs in the Geneva area. The bread is to die for....absolutely wonderful. They offer smaller sizes of dishes at reduced prices which is great if you want to eat lighter. They also serve a dipping sauce with breadsticks which is really tasty---and loaded with garlic!!!! The space is smaller and you need reservations on weekends.

2  Thank chicagotourist_8
Reviewed 6 June 2013

We read the various reviews on this restaurant and decided to give it a try. As described the ambiance is neat being in an old house and a small train running over our dining room. We sat looking out onto a beautifully leafed tree to cut the third street view. We ate an early dinner and my wife and I tried dishes we had never had before - salsalito fettuccine and linquini and clams. My wife's dish had both crab and shrimp which she said was excellent. I'd never had clams before however I found it to be very good, though I wasn't expecting them to shredded in the dish. Agree with other reviews that a half order is a good serving and allows room for desert. Service was excellent. We noted a number of service staff coming on duty so we asked if we had come later would recommendations be required. Though not required, highly recommended between 6 and 8 PM. We'll be back to try other dishes.

2  Thank rvtraveller_10

Been to Chianti's Italian? Share your experiences!