“Oh Man, Glad we found this place”

Josef's Elegante Meats & Deli
Ranked #45 of 151 Restaurants in Geneva
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed 12 April 2013

My wife and I were in town for the Kane County Flea Market and had seen this was a good place for lunch so we decided to check it out. It was great, the guys at the Deli counter made you feel like you were a regular. The Hot Oven Grinder sandwich we ordered was delicious. Sure was plenty for my wife and I to share. The price was great on this sandwich which was actually a meal for the two of us. We were offered and tasted some of their potato salad and it was fantastic. As we were leaving the guys suggested we go across the street to the Cocoa Bean Bakery for desert (which we did) and golly the pastries made for a great desert. We bought some almond croissants to have for breakfast the next morning in the motel and they were excellent too.

We got to talking to a "regular" customer ay Josef's who had come in for lunch at the same time we were there and told him we had a place in Des Moines where we got the best hot sausage (Graziano's). He proclaimed Josef's sausage was the best anywhere. We took the challenge and bought some of the mild and also some hot sausage in a tube and put it on ice for the trip home, We just finished off dinner tonight back home where we put the mild sausage (instead of meat balls) on some tortellini with spaghetti sauce and that sausage was very very good. Now I am not able to say I like the Josef's any better than Graziano's but I can say they both are world class.

This made for a great lunch experience for us and we will be returning next time we go to St. Charles and Geneva!

2  Thank Mr-Catfish