“Thanks for dining here... Please leave.”

Jurin Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #49 of 149 Restaurants in Geneva
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Chicago, Illinois
“Thanks for dining here... Please leave.”
Reviewed 8 August 2012

The meal was good, the chef and service staff were friendly, but there was quite the rush to move us out as soon as the meal was complete. They cleaned and reset the cooking table and did everything but vacuum to signal our stay was complete.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank tony d

Waterman, Illinois
“Wasn't expecting this great place in a strip mall!”
Reviewed 28 January 2012

We chose this place after my friend had overheard collegues talking about it at work. It's in a strip mall, the outside looking like a dive, but inside was a whole different story! We arrived promptly at 5pm when they opened. Good thing we did because it was packed within 20 minutes. We were seated promptly, served extremely fast. The waiter we had was great and charismatic. At one point I felt rushed which I understood with the line starting to back out the door. It was pricey, but the food was tasty and fresh.

• Visited January 2012
Batavia, Illinois
“Fun choice for a birthday dinner”
Reviewed 16 January 2012

We always enjoy a visit to JuRin in Geneva. They make a big deal when someone is celebrating a birthday and you are given a certificate for a free dinner for your next birthday with JuRin. I love, love, love their fried rice and mustard sauce. The lunch portions are very adequate and we enjoyed the noodles versus the veggies that are served with evening dinners. Very fun and the main waiter is so funny!

• Visited January 2012
Illinois
“Great for family celebrations or just for tasty Japanese cuisine”
Reviewed 24 December 2011

This has been our top choice for family celebrations for more than 10 years. Dining at the cooking tables provides good food and entertainment for kids and family alike. But my wife and I enjoy lunch or dinner here as well, both sushi and cooked entrees.

Dallas, Texas
“JuRin in South Elgin”
Reviewed 9 December 2011

This is a review of the JuRin location at Silver Glen Crossing in South Elgin. It is the second location open after success at the Geneva Location. I have never eaten at the Genena location but have eaten at this location many times. This Japanese Restaurant has a different feel than others, like Benihana. As soon as you walk in the door multiple people greet you. While I have eaten here more than a dozen times I believe that I have only called for reservation once and that was because they close around 2:00 pm on Sundays (for an hour or so to start preparing for dinner) and we wanted to make sure we could get in.

You can sit at the teppan grilling tables or if you just decide to pop in, you can sit at tables around the sushi bar and order from the same menu. THe service is always great since they have numerous people walking around to make sure your drinks are refilled. THe food is pretty good and they have combination plates that allow you some variety but will still fill you up. I have never left here hungry and I always plan to come back.
You can't see this location if you are driving down Randall Road since it is situation behind (a little north and west) of the CHilies and the Verizon Wireless stores.

• Visited November 2011