“Valentine's Day Party”

Oscar Swan Country Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Geneva
Oscar Swan Country Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Geneva B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 February 2013

My husband and I have attended several events at the Oscar Swan Inn and each time we come away raving about the food. Without fail, the menu--is varied, abundant, (one can make as many trips to the buffet as one wishes) and so delicious that it is difficult to reserve room for dessert. Usually there is a roast, plus fish and shrimp; yet there exist ample other offerings so that even a vegetarian would feel at home. Nina has a magic touch with potatoes of which I have tasted several versions (at different occasions) `and never fail to appreciate. We cannot praise the food enough. To make things even more pleasant, at this particular Valentine party, there was a violinist enriching the atmosphere, as well as a hors d'oeurve table complete with champagne. We had a great evening at the Oscar Swan Inn and hope to go back.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Louise C
There are newer reviews for Oscar Swan Country Inn

Reviewed 20 January 2013

We were the recipients of a delightful family party for our 50th (!) wedding anniversary. We and our children all participated in the planning of this event and were extremely pleased by the flexibility shown by the owners, Nina and Hans. We were able to make our own selections as to menu and bar service. We made multiple visits over the course of the time we were doing the planning and thus were able to work out all the details, thereby insuring our eventual satisfaction.
As part of this we learned that, while the exterior lighting is very good, we needed some lighting in the back parking lot. Some of our family members made up luminaria which took care of that issue very nicely. The Oscar Swan is located on a main highway and easily recognized by "the white fence". When we were searching initially for a location, we were captivated by The Gathering, a building adjacent to the back parking lot. It was ideal for our requirements, which included privacy and a memorable venue. It proved to be all of that plus being warm and cozy on a cold winter's night.
We had been able to select our own beverages for the evening, albeit not every single thing that anyone could want. The bar service was in the lower level, which was nicely set up with small tables for conversation, as well as a dance floor. Dinner was served in the upper level which allowed it to be set up without interfering with the initial bar service downstairs. The menu was selected a la carte well ahead of time for our party of 26. The food was terrific and we received numerous compliments from our family. The dinner was served buffet style and was more than plentiful. Those who had appetite remaining enjoyed serving themselves at the ice cream bar afterward. After dinner we took pictures and then returned to the first floor where there was music (some from the huge jukebox) and dancing and a delightful series of guitar solos from one of our grandchildren.
Nina and Hans were available throughout, serving, taking pictures, etc. They are easy to work with and very accommodating. The price for the evening was well within our expectations because we knew what most of the costs would be ahead of time. The only variable was the bar service which we elected in advance to do on a per drink basis.
We left with a feeling of a very special evening which could not be duplicated in the various usual venues which we find to be too cold and sterile for an event of this magnitude!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank 86KLB
Reviewed 29 December 2012 via mobile

I have attended three events here. A ladies luncheon, a 50th birthday brunch and now I just hosted a baby shower. Wonderful food, good value for your money and people always comment on the pretty setting. Very easy to get to, right off a main road but once you pull into the drive you'd think you were out in the country. I like this place.

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank Anna D
Reviewed 4 November 2012 via mobile

The Oscar Swan Inn is an amazingly charming establishment. Each room is carefully decorated in antique furniture and decor.

With the help of Nina, I hosted a small dinner party for my wife's birthday. The food was delicious and service impeccable. I highly recommend attending any special dinner party to try out the OSI. You will not be disappointed!!

• Stayed: November 2012
4  Thank J Brian H
Reviewed 12 August 2012

This was a great find. Beautiful grounds, above ground stone wading pool, lovely garden. The rooms are tastefully decorated with lovely artworks. And the breakfast! One of the very best gourmet breakfast buffets I have ever seen. Outstanding locally sourced and wonderfully cooked dishes .We absolutely will return.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank RML1
Reviewed 29 June 2012

I live a stones throw from Oscar Swan B&B. My friend came from out of town and thought it would be fun to stay here instead f my house. On the we sight we saw "twin rooms" priced at $169 for two including breakfast. I was upstairs while my friend checked out. When we left my friend told me Nina owner tried to charge her $249. I couldn't believe it. My friend told Nina about the web sight pricing. With that Nina lowered the price to $199. My friend paid it anyway. When I got home I checked the web sight sure enough with two in the "twin rooms" and breakfast it is $169. Also she rushed us at breakfast. Pulling food from the buffet and saying"are you done"? I sent Nina a note for a $30 refund to my friend. We will see. I will keep this link posted.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
13  Thank Nancy T
Reviewed 7 April 2012

Stayed here last weekend for the muder mystery dinner. Inn owners are nice, kinda crabby but friendly. Yeah ok it's not the ritzs but it was very nice and charming. The mystery dinner thing was ok, but from what I understand the inn owners don't run that, they have a outside source for that, that part could have been way better, the bar thing communication. The people that run that, well thats a different story. As far as the rooms we had the loft and frank hardings room. Nice and cozy, a bit chilly but what do you expect from a 110 yr old home. I have read some of the reviews on here and I really don't think they are very nice. The inn owners are older and slower to get to things and what you need but they are all right. I mean the man is a bit crabby but. As far as the rooms not being clean and having mold, We did not have this issue. Is the place old yes, does it need to be remolded, maybe. But as far as it being dirty, no! It's is an old charming place with alot of older charm. The inn and the grounds are beautiful, the food was amazing, the breakfast was fantastic and the service was great. What else can you ask for, it's a BED and BREAKFAST and not a HOTEL. We can't wait to go back

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank fred2274
Also consider these accommodations in or near Geneva
The Herrington Inn & Spa
#5 of 11 in Saint Charles
Hilton Garden Inn St. Charles
Hilton Garden Inn St. Charles
#3 of 11 in Saint Charles

Been to Oscar Swan Country Inn? Share your experiences!