“Lost its mojo”

Villa Verone Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Villa Verone Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 149 Restaurants in Geneva
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Between 4th and 5th
Reviewed 11 May 2013

We have been to Villa Verone quite a few times over the years, and in the past it has been good. We ate here this past Friday. We were seated in the upper club which was basically deserted at 7:00 p.m. The band started coming in to set up at about 7:30, so maybe it gets more exciting later in the evening, but the lack of people for dinner upstairs was offputting.

The menu was a lot smaller than I remembered - they have removed a lot of items. I had veal saltimbocca and it came covered in a gross alfredo sauce - something I have never had on saltimbocca and it was not mentioned on the menu (supposed to be brandy sauce!). It was covering up the veal which, when I could taste it, was overly salty. My wife and daughter had two of the specials, and while they were fairly tasty, both were both luke warm, as if they had been sitting out waiting to be served for some time. House wine was not very good, and my wife returned her house Zin to be replaced with a Malbec which really was no better. Admittedly, we were too apathetic to complain to our server about the food, but we won't be back.

2  Thank 65Piper

Reviewed 3 May 2013

I've been here several times, usually with a group. The waiters have actually added to the experience by making it fun. I've been to Italy, and the food here is the next best thing. I love the atmosphere. It has you feel like you have gone to Italy. The specials are always special. Even the second floor dining is pleasant.

Reviewed 22 April 2013

I thought I was in Italy! It is small downstairs and quirky - but it works. This place grows on you like restaurants do in Italy. The staff was amazing and the meal memorable.

Inspired: the band was amazing

Pro: Priz Fixe meal, staff, food, music, parking, location, building, outside seating

Con: nothing

Return: you bet!

Reviewed 8 April 2013

We met with some of the other riders from our Motorcycle Club at 6:00PM on Saturday evening. There were about 10 of us, and the server was nice enough to pair people up for separate checks. The service was the best I've seen at a nicer restaurant. The overall price was reasonable for italian food. The ambiance was fantastic, and there was a martini bar in the back. Our food was so delicious. Everyone loved their dinners. Our server was Italian, and very funny, and efficient.

Reviewed 29 March 2013

Villa Verone seems to have everything one could ask for but it still manages to disappoint. The environment is not comfortable - hard narrow chairs, tables too close together, poor acoustics (read: cramped, crowded and loud). The dishes were forgettable - even the bread served with dinner was blah. It is unfortunate that a place with so much going for it seems to blow it.

However, there are some positives: service was attentive/efficient/friendly; there is plenty of parking; cocktails are nice and they have live entertainment on the weekends (call ahead for details).

2  Thank AngieB253