“Business Dinner”
Review of FoxFire Restaurant

FoxFire Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
FoxFire Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 152 Restaurants in Geneva
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Pace bus stop on Route 31 and Rt 38. 4 blocks from Metra station.
Description: FoxFire owners, the father and son team of Curt and K.C., invite you to select from an amazing menu that boasts traditional favorites an extensive wine list, featuring over fifty wines by the glass. While dining indoors, watch our Executive Chef, Kevin Gillespie, and his dedicated staff as they deftly prepare your meal in our “New York” style kitchen. FoxFire offers three-season dining, under the sun or stars, on our patio area with umbrella-topped tables.FoxFire is dedicated to providing you with an unforgettable meal through first-class food and dining service.
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Was recommended by one of the guests I was with and I was not disappointed. Great food, good service and nice small town atmosphere. I would definitely go back - try their steaks!

1  Thank Paul Y

Reviewed 4 February 2014

This is an open kitchen and if you look at the walls --the wine is stored to observe the heat from the kitchen --not a great plan --we had to send a bottle of good red to the walk in to be brought down to 'room temp". The open kitchen also shares the smoke from the grill and the occasional 'fish" smell. The owners are charming and attentive. The service staff young in every sense of the word. A gin gimlet had no Rose's Lime --it was a martini with a lime slice. Salads are a huge pile of "baby" greens --so huge that they are difficult to eat --a pork chop was tough. The menu is limited chop house. It is a nice "white tablecloth" room with out "butcher paper" --another disturbing cost cutting trend. I have been here several times and never been overly impressed except once by a twin filet and always by the owners.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

We had a wonderful meal here and the staff was very attentive. They have a great wine list and our desserts were yummy! Will definitely be back.

1  Thank YellowRose56
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Went there for a business lunch. We all order salads to save sometime, but 45 minutes later we were still waiting for our food. All this time the server did not even stop by our table to see if we needed anything. Finally. The salads arrived. When we were almost Dione with our food, someone from the restaurant had the nerve to ask if we wanted any bread! You'd think that should have been the first thing to bring to our table!

Reviewed 20 September 2013 via mobile

I visited 2x on back-to-back nights (biz mtg). The first night I had the ribeye med rare. It was grilled perfectly and great flavor. The fries were the way I prefer them fried: crisp outside and soft inside.
The second night I had a plain burger. Again I wasn't disappointed.
My associates had filet and, yes, they were tasty!