Motel 6 Gilman
Economy Inn(Kankakee)
  • Restaurant
Kentland Motel(Kentland)
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 November 2008

Another story like the others, late check in so didn't notice the filth and bugs. Would not suggest staying there.

Stayed: August 2008
Reviewed 2 September 2006

First look late at night was OK. Second look in the dawns early light was a dirty, sleazy room, hair from previous guest in bathtub, spiders in corner of bathroom. Exposed extention wires laying on the carpet.. For the high price charged $70.00 + per nite, there was no coffee pot or alarm clock in room and the carpets were grimy to the touch. The "Continental Breakfast" consisted of a loaf of bread, jar of grape jelly, an old cool whip tub filled with "butter". Large box of cereal on the counter with a gallon of milk in their fridge. Everything you touched was sticky and coated with dirt. Checking out in the morning I told the receptionist that we checked in late at nite and were too tired to search out a room, but that I found the price was over rated for the services, conditions and amenities. She yelled that I could have gone elsewhere. The standards of this hotel line have really gone downhill. I will avoid all Travel Inns in the future.

Stayed: July 2006
2  Thank traveler-rv
Reviewed 24 June 2006

I do not know if the change in ownership took place between the time the previous reviewer stayed there and when I stayed there, but there has been a change. My experience was pleasant, if not excellent. I, too, noticed some cleaning problems (cobwebs), and the heating/cooling system needs to be replaced!
My major concern was comfort. I felt crowded even though the room was large, and found that, though the bathrooms are larger than you will find in a more modern motel, there are no vanities! The sinks are pedestal sinks, and there is nowhere to put anything down. If you are staying for several days, this is a real aggravation.
The staff was pleasant and helpful to me.
Pluses are location on the same side of the highway, Interstate and railroad as the fast-food restaurants, free wireless network, etc. The condition of the parking lot has improved greatly over the last five years -- which was the last time I had stayed there.
You might try the "Crossroads" building located on the property. It is actually the old Crossroads Hotel, which was located on the east edge of town many years ago, has more comfortable rooms but is disconnected from the main building. I do not know if there are both smoking and nonsmoking rooms in that building.

• Stayed: April 2006
1  Thank krumbar
Reviewed 12 October 2005

Just stayed at this hotel and must say that we received very poor customer service. We were quoted a special rate over the phone and then when we checked in the rate was not honored (in town for a wedding). The room was not cleaned properly (hairs in the bathtub from last person and towels were wrinkled and questioned if they were clean). Heat/air unit was not working properly and had to contact front desk to have it turned "on" from a switchboard behind their front desk. Unfortunately I forgot my phone charger in my room and upon calling the hotel was told there was nothing they could do for me. They would not even offer to check if it was in lost and found. I would've covered the shipping for them to send it back but was told I could drive to the hotel to check for myself. I explained that I live 300 miles away but to no avail, was told I could drive there but that was all they could do for me. I don't personally have experience at the other hotels in town, but would recommend that you not stay at the Travel Inn (unless you like to pay to receive poor service). I was extremely disappointed in the service and my stay.

• Stayed: October 2005