“Great Choice”

Dining options: Reservations
Geneva, Illinois, United States
“Great Choice”
Reviewed 7 June 2012

I took a client and manager to dinner last night. We had never been there and I was a bit nervous. Couldn't have been better. We all had a great time, wait staff was funny and attentive and the food was excellent.

Can't wait to go back.
JD

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank jkdevoe

Glen Ellyn, Illinois
“Chef Michel welcomes again”
Reviewed 1 June 2012

Consistently good food, lovely atmosphere and good service. We love chef Michel and his cooking. Very nice for special occasions as well as a regular weekend date. Stop in for a small plate after work, or stay for a full course dinner. We have done both. Classics great, coq au vin, cassoulet, as well as great fish, pastas and nice specials.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank MaryFrances1223
Glen Ellyn, Illinois
“Not Paris, but darn close.”
Reviewed 29 May 2012

The closest thing to French food you'll find outside of Fouquet's. :-)

Visited May 2012
1 Thank scarlettohara66
Lombard, IL
“Good to be back”
Reviewed 2 May 2012 via mobile

This has been ago to for me & my wife. Always very good. Haven't been in awhile,tonight was very good. Had a grouper w/ baby shrimp & rice. Grouper was fresh & tasty. All in one bite was excelant. Tues1/2 off bottles of wine. Try the short rib ravioli. One of the best bites I've ever put in my mouth. Chef Michelle does a great job.

1 Thank Hoages
Glen Ellyn, Illinois
“Wonderful french fare in Glen Ellyn”
Reviewed 2 December 2011

This is a very warm, inviting spot to have a Frech bistro meal in Glen Ellyn. The food is traaditional frech preparationand dishes. Do not expected lightened up renditions of classics. Thsi si hearty food. The short rib ravioli is delicious, but very heavy. Coverdd in gravy and cheese makes this almost a meal itself, so pace yourself. I will agree with the previous reviewer on the problem of time. I understand that one should step into the restaurant and give up sense of time to absorb the experience, but we were headed out to a movie and it was 20 minutes before we received a menu or anyone took our drink order. This was not a mix up, but a deliberate process. Next time, I may just say that we have a bit of a time crunch and would like to see a menu when we sit, but don't always have to do that.

Overall, the food is incredibly well prepared and there is an effort to pay attention to the details. This is a bit rare these days, so welcomed in my book. It makes bistro Monet a special little hid away gem.

• Visited January 2011