“A New Favorite”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I had a wonderful dinner with friends at Bistro Monet. The service was truly excellent the entire evening. We felt relaxed and enjoyed the experience very much. I had the roasted cauliflower soup, which was just delicious. My entree was an expertly cooked mahi mahi special, served Basque-style. The rest of our table enjoyed some classic French dishes, like steak frites and cassoulet. Every dessert sounded good to me, but I chose a daily special, "orange supreme" and loved the simple elegance of the creamsicle flavors. The wine list is very nice, too. It's probably more of a special occasion place for me, but I will be back.

1  Thank LeRock5

Reviewed 16 June 2014

My husband and I have been going to this restaurant for years. It's a bit pricey so it is in the special occasion category for us, but when those birthdays, anniversaries, holidays etc roll around this is where we most often go. We have never been disappointed in anything we have ordered, and have ordered from the regular menu, the specials or the set menus that appear at some holidays. We have never been disappointed in the service (although we do have a favorite waiter). The location in a strip mall across from the train station is nothing special, and the two small dining rooms are cozy (but not cramped). Everywhere the managements attention to detail is evident, the perfectly set tables with snowy white linen, the prompt, attentive (but not intrusive) service coupled with the marvelous food make this a truly special place.

1  Thank jtassotto
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I won't here for my monthly full moon Lobster Bisque and it was good but then I had the Risotto Monet with chicken Breast, mushrooms, and raisins in a to die for delicious sauce be the Lobster Bisque move to the Background. I also had the Chocolate Carmel Tarte that topped off the early evening.

1  Thank RadfordC
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

A pleasant surprise! The food was perfectly cooked and seasoned. The menu represents an expected array of French cuisine including escargot, cassoulet, steak frites. The chef is from France and clearly takes pride in getting it right. We had a wonderful prix fixe Valentines menu with roasted red pepper soup, crawfish tart, boeuf bourguignon & grilled shrimp with risotto. Our waitress, Renee, was extremely helpful guiding us through the menu. Our service was relaxed even with the busyness of the holiday. Loved it - we'll be back!

Reviewed 3 February 2014

We went to this little restaurant with some good friends -- one of whom is actually a professional chef, her husband is a wine connoisseur. There is nothing like going to a restaurant with pros, especially when they are known by the kitchen staff.

The service was exquisite -- but it wasn't just that we were known, I could see that everyone there was served with parallel courtesy and care. But the food was astonishing. This was like being on an episode of "Check Please" in Chicago and finally discovering a restaurant you could tell your friends about. The wine list is endless, the the waiter will kindly coach you through the entrée choices, and the desserts? Save room. They are the best. I had something chocolate that I can barely describe and the waiter told me to be sure and have it with red wine. I did. And it was heavenly.

This is a great restaurant for a special occasion. Or if you want to eat cheaply, just sit at the little bar and enjoy one of their soups and a small salad with wine. You won't be disappointed.

Easy parking right off Park St. (south of the RR tracks).