“Clean, Quiet, Comfortable.”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Glen Ellyn
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Clean, Quiet, Comfortable.”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I enjoy this location when I come to visit my son at Wheaton College. It is a perfect spot for me. I enjoy the luxurious accommodations and the proximity to the places in the area I want and need to visit. I will come again.

Stayed October 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
ohio
Reviewed 27 April 2013 via mobile

Large, clean, and quiet rooms with new furnishings. Large indoor pool in a sun room like setting. Friendly and helpful describe the staff. Location is okay, but not much within walking distance. Food, gas and more within about a mile either way.

• Stayed March 2013
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 19 April 2013

Conveniently located next to the interstate and about a half hour from o'hare, this little hotel was more than I was expecting. Getting into the parking lot from the interstate was a bit challenging but we managed.

Nice renovations and good food balanced out the tiny bathroom. The restaurant was very noisy but the food was good. A few well placed sound dampers would help.

I would have ranked this higher, but this place was popular with families last night and I was awakened several times from loud families passing in front of the door. Not normally an issue with me, but it continued well after midnight.

Room Tip: Not on the ground floor, but I hear the elevators are SLOW. pick something near the stairs.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Lombard Downers Grove, responded to this review, 4 July 2013
Dear madcap6808,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate that you find our location to be convenient and for the nice comment regarding parking arrangement.

However, We’re sorry about the noise during your stay. We will look into this point. I understand the discomfort this caused you. Again, I do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Medford NJ
Reviewed 13 April 2013

i had the pleasure of staying here only one night on my way thru Illinois. The hotel is newly remodeled in an elegant decor, I stayed in to eat at the restaurant inside he hotel,I would have to say the best meal and overall menu I have seen on the road. All items are fresh and most organic Hats Off to Eileen she made some amazing suggestions and all where the best.The hotel also has made some great steps to being "green" I thinks that all should follow suit,recycle bags in the rooms,Water dispensers in the vending area Great Job Look forward to staying with you again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Jackson, Michigan
Reviewed 27 March 2013

Stayed two nights but had booked more. A friend had suggested this instead of another company preferred hotel. I'd agree with all the other reviews: Elevators sloooow; bathrooms small; room size is OK and very quiet; restaurant is very, very noisy. Housekeeping is hit and miss. Hotel is close to dozens of other good and quiet places to eat. Yes, the TV/desk locations is not the best. WiFi is good. Lobby drinks and snacks are nice touch. But, probabaly won't return. Breakfast buffet is very basic. :(

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
cpgel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Lombard Downers Grove, responded to this review, 2 April 2013
I am really sorry that your stay wasn't truly the best, I would love to speak with you directly to discuss what we can do better in the future. I'm glad you enjoyed the guest reception and as we evolve I love taking recommendations from our guests to get us where we are offering to our customers the best product as well as the best service. I look forward to hearing from you directly and thank you for sharing your feedback, it is truly appreciated.
Portage, Michigan
Reviewed 22 March 2013

Spent 2 nights here the bed & pillows were great, the room was spacious and well equiped with a desk, refrigerator & nice TV. Climate control was fine and even though it was right off the busy Roosevelt Ave. I was not disturbed by traffic, noise etc.

Room Tip: Only 4 floors and I slept on the street side & it was fine for me.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank fyre926
Thanks for letting us know how your stay was, I'm so glad you enjoyed your time with us and we look forward to having you back again.
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 16 February 2013 via mobile

This property was clean and fresh. Seemed like new even if it was a remodel. King bed with a small couch and footrest gave plenty of space. Desk under a wall mounted tv was sufficient but not adequate for an extended computer work session. Solid Wifi and tv service.

Elevators were slow but that was minor. No snack shop - only vending machines. Nice touch of water containers and recyclable cups in vending area. No reasonable meeting space in the lobby for extended business chats. This is an easy to find, accommodating place to stay for a business trip. No frills but none needed.

Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glen Ellyn
Hyatt Place Chicago/Lombard
Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Lombard
The Westin Lombard Yorktown Center
Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel & Conference Center Chicago / Downers Grove
Chicago Marriott Suites Downers Grove
Residence Inn Chicago Lombard

Been to Crowne Plaza Lombard Downers Grove? Share your experiences!