“Excellent Hospitality”

Crowne Plaza Lombard Downers Grove
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Glen Ellyn
Reviewed 26 June 2014

This would be my and wife second time to this hotel on business. We both have such pleasant check in experience with Roberto. He is very pleasant and make the experience at this location pleasant. All though the check in is kind of slow. He would help you out with anything that you need. Beware of other front desk agents a lot of them do not know what they are doing or just down right rude. The breakfast buffet is good also. The bed in opinion are comfortable. The only down side to this hotel is that the bathrooms are very small. I do not have many bad things to say about this hotel. This is one of the better hotels in the area in its price point. I would recommend this to anyone that looking for a good quiet hotel to stay while on business or evan vacation.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Carl C, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Lombard Downers Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Hi CWilliams36,

Thanks for the great comments regarding Roberto he will be happy to see someone mentioning him again on the surveys! It's great to hear you are satisfied with the breakfast buffet but we want our guests to really enjoy their experiences with us so I have passed your comments on to the chef for his review. Thank you for continuing to choose us for your lodging needs and we look forward to your next visit!

All our best,
The Crowne Point Team

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Instead of crowding into my brother's house with ten other people, my husband and I spent two nights at the Crowne Plaza. It was a great decision. The location was easy to get to, except for the tolls, and the people at the front desk gladly provided us with change so that we could more easily come and go. The tolls are a problem, but its not something the hotel has control over. Our room was a wonderful retreat from the chaos of Christmas. We slept wonderfully. Our room had a king bed and a love seat, and seemed very modern. Despite the snow, they had the parking lot cleared by morning - and yes, the plow woke me up, but who can complain about being able to get to where you are going on Christmas morning.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Carl C, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Lombard Downers Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Hi MeganR,

It was great that you were able to getaway and have a wonderful experience at our hotel. It was nice that you mentioned how easily accessible our hotel is from the major expressway I-355 which if you get off on the Roosevelt Road exit and head East we are only 1/4 mile East on the North side of the street. Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel!

Have a great summer!

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Stayed here twice in May. Most comfortable bed this year! The hotel restaurant is an eclectic mix of small plates and full meals. Had the duck tacos 3 nicely filled and tasty. My friend had the salmon - very moist. We spilt a Creme Brulee for dessert - outstanding!
Great overall experience!

• Stayed: May 2014

Hi bsullivan36,

My staff and I are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay as well as our award winning restuarant Glen Prairie! You picked a great dish to try "Duck Tacos" they are one of my favorites. We look forward to your next visit and if you require any information about our hotel or restaurant please do not hesitate to reach out to me at your convenience.

Wishing you safe travels,

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Arrived at the hotel and saw the exterior and thought we had made a mistake as it looked dated. Walked inside and what a great difference. Lobby was very nice as were the employees. Our room, on the third floor, was a corner suite with separate living room and 2 tv's. The bed was very comfortable, with plenty of pillows. The bathroom was large with a tub and a walk-in shower which was huge with 2 rain shower heads and a hand held. The breakfast buffet was the weak point of the stay. Our server was not good with bringing drinks and refills, but others seem to have had better luck with different servers. Scrambled eggs were cold and dry and the bacon was cold and limp. They have a nice indoor swimming pool and a small weight room with 2 treadmills and dumbbells. Parking was free and adequate.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CarlGS455
Carl C, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Lombard Downers Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear CarlGS455,

It's great to read that when you entered the hotel you enjoyed the hotel as well as the employees. The employees work hard to do everything they can to provide a great experience to all our guests. I want to let you know I will address the issues you experienced at breakfast. The chef has been trying different ideas to make the buffet breakfast a better experience and I know he will value your feedback. It's great you were able to enjoy one of our suites and that you had a great experience in our hotel.

I know there are many places to choose for your lodging needs and my team and I are happy you stayed with us!

Thanks for the great feedback!

Reviewed 21 May 2014

My suite was roomy enough for a family and clean enough to please Great Aunt Frances who seriously gave the white glove test to everyone's dusting. And, comfortable! I especially appreciated the pool that has huge windows looking out over greenery, not parking lots. As most of the Chicago Metro area is paved, this was a very welcome sight. Complimentary rides to local restaurants and the Metra Station are another plus -- and making the hotel an affordable location for day trips to Chicago.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Carl C, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Lombard Downers Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Hi carolstig,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel and I it's great to hear that we passed all the cleanliness tests with your Great Aunt Frances! I will be sure to let the housekeeping department know that all their efforts are appreciated. I was also happy to hear that you enjoyed our large pool and the nice view it has of our decorated patio.

We all look forward to your future return!

Reviewed 8 April 2014

We have stayed at this property several times and even attended a wedding here. The staff has always been great. We have taken part in the Manager's Reception (we wish they had them on weekends!) and love the food at the Glen Prairie attached to the hotel. AMAZING! I would highly recommend this hotel. I have stayed in downtown Chicago as well, and prefer the less hectic area around the Crowne Plaza and the free parking is a bonus. It only took us a little over half an hour to get to downtown Chicago.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank CdnKat67
Carl C, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Lombard Downers Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Hi cdnKat67,

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It's fabulous that you mentioned what a great meal you had in our restaurant Glen Prairie. Glen Prairie has been featured in "Chicago's Best" magazine and also on the local television station "WGN". Chef Dan Ovanin changes the menu frequently as the restaurant has a "Farm to Table" concept and he uses everything he can that is in season and is produced locally. The other great feature of his menu items is that almost everything can be prepared Gluten Free! We receive many comments about how close the city of Chicago is to us and that we are extemely convenient to the city. I will be sure to post your review in our employee breakroom so everyone can see your great comment about the staff here at the Crowne Plaza Lombard Downers Grove.

Best wishes,

Carl C

Reviewed 24 March 2014

The hotel is not bad, but I noticed upon arrival the old building facade and my perception was the parking lot was run down.
The lobby was clean and orderly but offered no warmth.
The single person working reception called out to me and I felt an echo in the lobby.
Elevator was old. Room was completely updated. I was surprised to fine the heating worked great and I appreciated that.
Internet was included and reasonably fast.
I ordered room service and the food was tasty.
The hotel met my needs for a room for the night, but I saw no good reason to try it again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank pine129
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Lombard Downers Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Dear pine129,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay with us. Guest satisfaction is important to us and we try our hardest to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. Please accept our sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced and we regret our hotel did not live up to your expectations in some aspects of your stay. We have taken note of your valuable comments and be assured that these will be taken into consideration in our efforts to continually monitor and improve the quality and services we offer.

Joel B

Comfort Inn Downers Grove
Comfort Inn Downers Grove
#3 of 7 in Downers Grove
Chicago Marriott Suites Downers Grove

Been to Crowne Plaza Lombard Downers Grove? Share your experiences!