“For the train lover in the family”

2Toots Train Whistle Grill
Ranked #11 of 98 Restaurants in Glen Ellyn
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 11 January 2014

My rating is based on the fact that the restaurant met and exceeded my expectations for my son. I mean, how could it not; when it has a large window to see the trains pass by, food is delivered on trains, and they have a train movie playing.

Food: The food was alright, nothing really special and nothing out of expectations. You will get your hot dogs, and hamburgers, and pepsi.

Overall: Fantastic, my son had an amazing time and it was fun for me to be able to provide that experience. The staff is friendly and the service is very quick, which is great when you have little ones.

Reviewed 15 May 2013

My son and I have become regulars. Food is average. But we go for the train on the counter, the train whistles, the mechanical horse, and the fun vibe. Great place for kids and for adults who are kids at heart. I am sure that we will be back within the next 2 weeks. Hope to see you there.

Reviewed 27 March 2013

We were taken here while visiting relatives in the area, and my kids especially the boys loved this place. Your food is served to you via a little train. The hamburgers are from grass-fed beef and were wonderful! If you have any kids who love trains, I highly recommend this place, very fun!

Reviewed 10 October 2012

A fun place for the kids -- every seat is on the train tracks that deliver the food and the train whistle toots every time the train starts one of its runs from the kitchen. Good hamburgers made from grass-fed beef. Fun for a special treat or birthday. Also, located right on the Santa Fe railroad line, so passenger and freight trains rumbling by add to the train motif.

Reviewed 2 September 2012

I've lost count how many times we've been here;I love the salad as much as my 5 year old loves the train delivering his burger! The fries are yummy too. Service is pretty good-usually some high school students so my expectations are not really that high. I actually would rather go here, rather than McDonalds since the Beef is grass-fed. In light of the higher quality I think the prices are reasonable too! We have managed to go when it hasn't been busy, but it's a small place and can easily get busy. Worth the wait, especially if you've got some 8 years and younger kiddies! Worth a drive to have lunch if you don't live close by, and the real Train and station is literally right outside(so you could take the Train, to have lunch at a place that serves your lunch ON a train!) :)