“Horrible, Worst Hotel Ever!”

Budgetel Hotel Glen Ellyn
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Glen Ellyn
Reviewed 28 July 2009

Bad service, did not write down room number, gave me wrong directions to my room, no elevators, bad area, people made me feel unsafe, disruptive hotel guests, no information of pool or breakfast, smelled bad, cigarette holes in sheets, broken tv, room was dirty. Please don't ever stay here, very unsafe and unfriendly and horrible experience, we did not even stay the night because we were so uncomfortable and they would no give us a refund!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends
3  Thank bstege

Reviewed 13 August 2008

I stayed already in many hotels worldwide, but this was about the worst. First tried to reserve online - didn't work. Called the reservation line and get a reservation. This reservation was immediately charged to my CC!!! When I arrived, they didn't had my reservation!!! They gave me a room because I had the reservation confirmation (email) printed out, but charged me a second time for the room!!! Room? OK, it had four walls. The door to the bathroom had a hole. Carped dirty. Smoke detector dismounted. And the sheets on the bed as dirty, that I didn't slide under!!! Function of light switches were some, and the announced free wifi was about not accessible.
Traveler stay away from this hotel. Don't let blame you by a cheap price and and the pretending that an organization stands behind. It's all crap. I'm sorry to say, but this is.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled solo
1  Thank ag-traveling
Reviewed 12 August 2008

After pulling into the driveway, the place looked rundown, but not too bad, flowers in front, foyer seemed ok. Next door at the Super 8, broken windows in back building, cardboard covering windows. When I checked in, that is where the guy at the desk told me we were going to have to stay. Across the parking lot behind the Super 8. I went over to look. The place looked like an old tenement building, not secure and really run down. Something fishy going on with the front desk guy and one of the "guests". Unsavory characters in parking lot. We cancelled our reservation and found another place.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 April 2008

This Americas Best Value Inn in Glen Ellyn has got to be the worst motel with the worst management (Indians) in the whole state and here is why:
- Rooms condition is so bad they shouldn't be rented in the first place. Dirty carpet, fridge doors with broken handles, room doors with missing secure lockers, burned blanekts, worned mattresses where sleeping on the floor is much better than sleeping on them and the list goes on and on.
- Have been asking for an alarm o' clock and room cleaning service for two weeks and all I got is "tomorrow we send one".."tomorrow we send one".."tomorrow we send one"....and they never send one!
- Loundry room has 4 washers and 4 dryers but 3 of the washers have been out of service since I been to this motel..Why don't they fix the broken washers? I just don't understand!
- Vending machines are good for nothing but stealing your money and when you ask the front disk to refund you they tell you "NO REFUND"...Well, why didn't they post signs on those machines to tell people that they are broken like they did with the washers?
- Wireless internet service is not available so I don't understand why they keep telling me it is available.
- I had to buy my own towels because they simply wouldn't give me new onec even though I was their for close to a month. I had to buy my own alarm o'clock because again they wouldn't give me one. I had to buy extra pillow cause that motel does not have extra pillows.
- They first told me my dog can stay for free but ended up charging me an additional $50/week for my dog.
I'm posting this review here to share it with you and to warn you so you don't go through the horrible experience I went through with these people.

Stayed: March 2008
Reviewed 5 June 2007

We had made a reservation for a one bed kitchenette at a very cheap weekly rate. You can tell this place is old and worn out but relatively clean. The service was seriously lacking from management and housekeeping was never around and couldn't speak english. The room we got was leaking from the rain, so they moved us to a tiny basic one bed, the only one available. Another kitchenette wasn't available until 3 days later. Managements' explanation was that there were a lot of groups coming in and out this summer. We actually
ended up having to move hotels when they couldn't extend our stay much longer. Parking was also limited. The only reason we stayed here
was for price, location, and kitchenette.

FYI This hotel's management also runs the Super 8 next door that looks equally old.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 February 2007

This hotel has a great location, but is lacking in some services that most would expect from the hotel's Web page or advertisement.

The room was clean, but the toilet paper holder was pulled out of the wall, and getting the maids to leave replacement towels was a struggle (they took the old ones, but did not replace what they took). Humorous at first, but not after the second or third trip up to the front desk.

Stay away from the free continental breakfast. It's not anything you'll mind missing.

On the good side, the room was clean, the location is great, and the hotel's wi-fi worked well.

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled on business
1  Thank TheBigK
Reviewed 8 February 2007

Don't even stay in this hotel. The staff was shady at best, the rooms were nasty and the clientele were questionable. The thing that put me over the top was that the building where we were supposed to stay didn't have a secure outside door. The entrance door stood ajar. When I spoke to the man at the reception desk, he laughed at me and told me that he felt perfectly safe in Glen Ellyn and I shouldn't worry about security. Then to top it off, he called the manager and spoke to him in Hindi which just pissed me off even more.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled as a couple
2  Thank frankensurfer

Been to Budgetel Hotel Glen Ellyn? Share your experiences!