“Best restaurant in Glen Ellyn!”
Review of Fire + Wine

Fire + Wine
Ranked #1 of 96 Restaurants in Glen Ellyn
Price range: US$12 - US$24
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Casual dining with sophisticated hospitality. American food with an Italian twist, fresh prepared everyday! 78 wine bottle list, 45 global wines by the glass, hand crafted fresh cocktails, 38 item beer craft list. Reservations not accepted, we do offer a "call ahead, priority wait list" which you can call days and weeks in advance to get on, highly recommend to reduce wait times. Seating preference is given to elderly, pregnant woman, families with babies and local regular customers as a courtesy. Very family friendly local restaurant. TripAdvisor #1 restaurant in Glen Ellyn 4 years in a row as well as Certificate of Excellence.
Reviewed 28 May 2014

If you find yourself in the western suburbs and have a taste for wood fired pizza, meatball sliders, and craft draft brews this is definitely the best place around. We also LOVE the grilled romaine salad and tiramisu. Plenty of free parking in downtown glen ellyn too.

2  Thank crazyplatter

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We dine here frequently and always have a good time. They have a good wine selection and their pizzas are always great.

2  Thank Shellybells7
Reviewed 20 May 2014

This restaurant came highly recommended to us. We were seated by the manager and we told him it was our first time to the restaurant. Our waitress then acknowledged us as first time visitors and took her time in explaining the highlights of the restaurant and menu. Gave us recommendations and let us know that they are known for their fresh ingredients, making much of their items from scratch and importing many ingredients from Italy. You could definitely taste the fresh ingredients. My husband had the meatball sliders which he raved about especially the spicy olive oil dip they served with it. I had the steak medallions with potatos and vegetables drizzled in balsamic. It was delicious. My husband ordered a pizza. The fresh mozzarella, sauce and dough was the best I have ever tasted. We had the special chocolate flourless cake for dessert and the fried donuts. We shared but didn't come close to finishing the fried donuts. Definitely to be shared by 2-3 people without any other dessert. Our server was great. The manager spoke with us again after dinner and we complimented him on everything. We will definitely go back there soon. We sent out emails to everyone we know that would appreciate this type of quality and service. Plus it's in downtown Glen Elllyn. Such a nice area to walk around in after you have eaten to burn off some calories. AND maybe the best part is the prices. The quality and quantity of food for the price is amazing!!!!!

2  Thank Debbie0722
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I was on business travel and found this place online. I drove into a nice old town area and spotted it on a corner next to a large parking lot. I sat at the bar and it was full of a varied crowd of young and old. The grilled salad was recommended by Alice the bartender as the house signature dish. Before it came out I order wine from an ample wine list.

A surprise order of meatballs was delivered to let me know that Fire and Wine is an Italian restaurant. Two 3" meatballs were covered with a homemade sauce and fresh parmesan. It was tasty surprise!

The salad was flavorful and I highly recommend trying it.

ALICE the bartender made the experience one of the best I have had in a long time!

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Always crowded. Be prepared for a wait at peak times. Great pizzas. You can do carry out to avoid the crowds.