“Hidden gem”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Glen Ellyn
Inn at Water's Edge
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Glen Ellyn
Reviewed 14 January 2014

If you are looking for hotel with modern amenities but European sensibility, book a room at Inn at Water's Edge. From the serene location to the every accommodating staff to the well appointed rooms we were completely thrilled with our 3 night stay. Two suggestion; whole wheat bread and soy milk at breakfast and allow small dogs in one of the rooms.

Room Tip: There are only 6 rooms, Queens & Kings, you can't go wrong with any one of them.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Stephen S
Jamie F, Manager at Inn at Water's Edge, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us! I appreciate hearing your suggestions. We will certainly take them into consideration so we can enhance the service we provide to our guests. Looking forward to having you stay again soon!

Reviewed 11 January 2014

As a business traveler, I see way too many hotels of all levels. My overnight stay here was booked by my host, so all I knew was that it was part of the hospitality school program. When I arrived early for checking, I received a warm welcome, and was escorted by the desk clerk to my room. Lovely, with high-end finishes, a roomy bathroom with a beautiful walk-in shower awaited me. Having trouble logging onto the (free) wi-fi service, the desk clerk offered to come to my room to try to fix the problem. Having no success, she called their help desk. While the tech was walking over to help (on-site tech support in a hotel?), I found the problem with my laptop's settings myself (not the hotel's problem after all, and told the desk clerk to cancel the emergency visit. Late that evening, I returned to find the bed turned down as they had offered.

In the morning, the included continental breakfast had been set out in the adjacent lounge early as I had requested. Lovely presentation with fancy carved pineapple slices, fresh berries, pastries, yogurts, juices and beverages aplenty.

Checking out, I found out I was the only guest staying at this small unique gem. While that might explain some of the "special treatment" I received, I doubt it would have been different, even with a full house.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jamie F, Manager at Inn at Water's Edge, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Thank you very much for your genuine and kind review! It was such a pleasure to have you stay with us. I hope that your presentations went well. When business brings you back to the area we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 24 December 2013

We stayed at the Water's Edge recently. The rooms were comfortable, clean, and actually elegant. The service provided by the staff was impeccable. It was the most pleasant hotel experience I have had in many years.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jamie F, Manager at Inn at Water's Edge, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2014

I'm happy to hear about your experience with us! Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Hope to see you again soon next time you travel for business in the area!

Reviewed 21 December 2013

We recently decided to visit a friend in Glen Ellyn and planned to stay overnight at a local hotel. I selected the Inn after reading the positive reviews online. Still, I didn't expect much: a community college hospitality program? Kind of like getting a haircut at a barber college.

What we found was a 4-5 star hotel with immaculate, well-appointed rooms and impeccable service. The restaurant, Waterleaf, is as good as the hotel. Service is eager without being intrusive (a little slow,though) and the food is as good as or better than most urban Chicago restaurants. Amish Chicken and Vegetable Cassoulet were delicious and imaginatively prepared.

Our bill for both room and restaurant was about $175, truly an incredible value. If you are planning on a stay in this area, the Inn should be the first place you try. Really.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us! We appreciate your feedback considering we are a teaching environment. Your comments allow us to teach our staff and interns and improve the level of service we provide in the future. Wishing you a happy new year and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 18 November 2013

I went to one of the wine dinners at the Waterleaf Restuarant, then spent the night at the Inn--a fantastic treat. The food/wine/dinner was outstanding and the room and service was also top notch. The staff was attentive and thorough. Everything about this made me feel special. Even the views from the room looking out at the water and trees were great. I'll definitely be back.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jamie F, Manager at Inn at Water's Edge, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

I'm happy to hear about your experience with both the hotel and restaurant. Thank you for taking the time to review us! We hope to see you again whether it be for dinner in the restaurant or overnight again.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Where else can you stay at a 5 star place for this kind of money in Chicagoland??? Beautiful, quiet, elegant, comfortable, personal, private, the best food you can get, seriously gourmet. All around WORLD CLASS ! I can't think of anything you could do to improve it.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jamie F, Manager at Inn at Water's Edge, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed everything and I hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 10 November 2013

While I did not spend the night at the Water's Edge, I did book the room for my brother-in-law who was visiting us in Glen Ellyn; I did have opportunity to have a detailed visit of the rooms. Judging by the undiluted enthusiasm expressed by him during his visit, I am happy to give maximum stars for this property. If you are able to get the employee rate, that represents an outstanding value. Should you get the Saturday night brunch package with the adjoining Waterleaf, that also seems like a great value too. The biggest challenge facing a visitor might be finding the entrance on the college campus; it is somewhat obscure nestling near the currently under-construction arts center.

The room is large and lavishly appointed, tastefully decorated and quiet, while affording a pleasant view over the water. Unlimited espresso is on tap courtesy of a Lavazza machine in the hallway, where breakfast is also provided of a morning. The walk-in shower is perhaps the highlight.

Anti-tax critics might question the use of the taxpayers' money in the construction and running of this "laboratory for students" but, that aside, it makes for a great place to stay where options are few and far between.

Room Tip: All six rooms face the same direction so they are essentially all alike.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Aylwin_Forbes

I appreciate you taking the time to give such a detailed review of our hotel. Thank you for bringing up your challenge in finding our hotel. We continue to work with the college on additional signage for the hotel. I hope that you have an opportunity to stay with us in the future!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Glen Ellyn
Crowne Plaza Lombard Downers Grove
Hyatt Place Chicago/Lombard
Hilton Lisle / Naperville
Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Lombard
Sheraton Lisle Naperville Hotel
Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel & Conference Center Chicago / Downers Grove

Been to Inn at Water's Edge? Share your experiences!