“Comfortable and Convenient”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Glen Ellyn
Inn at Water's Edge
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Glen Ellyn
Chicago, Illinois
“Comfortable and Convenient”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I stayed at the Inn at Water's edge because I was involved in an event at College of DuPage that began at 6am and didn't want to drive in from the city that early. The staff went over and above to accommodate my early start time and put out breakfast over an hour early so I could get something to eat before going to my event.
The location on COD's campus is perfect for events on campus, especially those at the culinary school's Water Leaf restaurant and theater and arts events at the MAC.
The rooms were clean and had great amenities- the only thing I missed was not having a fridge for beverages/leftovers.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Jamie F, Manager at Inn at Water's Edge, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to review your recent stay with us! I'm happy to hear that your special request for breakfast was accommodated. With only 6 rooms on site it's easy for us to personalize our guests experience. Thank you for sharing yours!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Avon Lake
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We were in Chicago to help our daughter find a new apartment for her relocation here. I found this hotel with great reviews on Trip Advisor and they deserve all the compliments they receive. There are only 6 rooms here as this is actually part of the College of DuPage School of Hospitality Management. Very nice accommodations with beautiful designed rooms and bathrooms. A little tricky to find the hotel but so long as you know it is within the campus you should have no problem. The room included a continental breakfast that was set out for us in a lounge at the end of our hallway. The staff was very friendly and even escorted us to our rooms when we checked in. Parking was just steps from the front door. The rooms do not have refrigerators in them and the on-site restaurants/cafes have very limited hours or days they are open so know that you may have to go out for meals. Otherwise, I would definitely recommend this hotel. If you are looking for a place with a traditional pool/exercise room this is not for you - but you do have access to the sports facility elsewhere on their campus.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
I love to hear stories of how our guests found out about the Inn at Water's Edge and I'm so happy to hear that you found us through Trip Advisor. Honest guest reviews, just like yours, make a real difference in selecting one hotel versus the other. I appreciate you sharing your review. I hope your daughter found an apartment during your stay with us. Maybe we'll see you again when you come to visit her!
Wheaton, Illinois
Reviewed 14 February 2014

We stayed a night at mid-week for our anniversary and the Inn at Water's Edge was a perfect place for that. I've stayed at a number of "non-traditional" lodgings over the years (Cornell's hotel and those run by various business schools) and this boutique hotel is the cream of the crop. The rooms are clean, comfortable and well-appointed and the staff are friendly and provide great service. Some distinctives: continental breakfast served on each floor in a quiet sitting area; exceptionally quiet rooms in a peaceful setting; excellent lunch and dinner options in the hotel as part of the culinary arts program; very good value for money.

The downsides: as a business hotel it is too far removed from offices to be really convenient; it is still part of a community college hospitality and culinary arts program with all that brings. For those accustomed to going online to make a reservation - sorry, you need to call!

Overall, for the right circumstances, it is ideal. If I were travelling to this area on business and had a rental car I'd be here every time.

Room Tip: South facing rooms overlook the lake.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Jamie F, Manager at Inn at Water's Edge, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Thank you for selecting the Inn at Water's Edge to celebrate your anniversary! Congratulations on another year of marriage! I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate the facts that you provided in your review so that other guests can enjoy future stays. We hope to see you again in the near future!
Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the Inn at Waters Edge last night for a little get away. We love close by and wanted a break from the kids. It is a beautiful place. The rooms are very clean and well decorated. Beautiful bathrooms. Service is beyond belief. I will return often!!!

• Stayed January 2014
Jamie F, Manager at Inn at Water's Edge, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and will be back!! It's always nice to get away from the kids for some "me" time once in a while. Thank you for sharing your experience!!
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 14 January 2014

If you are looking for hotel with modern amenities but European sensibility, book a room at Inn at Water's Edge. From the serene location to the every accommodating staff to the well appointed rooms we were completely thrilled with our 3 night stay. Two suggestion; whole wheat bread and soy milk at breakfast and allow small dogs in one of the rooms.

Room Tip: There are only 6 rooms, Queens & Kings, you can't go wrong with any one of them.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank Stephen S
Jamie F, Manager at Inn at Water's Edge, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us! I appreciate hearing your suggestions. We will certainly take them into consideration so we can enhance the service we provide to our guests. Looking forward to having you stay again soon!
Chatham, New Jersey
Reviewed 11 January 2014

As a business traveler, I see way too many hotels of all levels. My overnight stay here was booked by my host, so all I knew was that it was part of the hospitality school program. When I arrived early for checking, I received a warm welcome, and was escorted by the desk clerk to my room. Lovely, with high-end finishes, a roomy bathroom with a beautiful walk-in shower awaited me. Having trouble logging onto the (free) wi-fi service, the desk clerk offered to come to my room to try to fix the problem. Having no success, she called their help desk. While the tech was walking over to help (on-site tech support in a hotel?), I found the problem with my laptop's settings myself (not the hotel's problem after all, and told the desk clerk to cancel the emergency visit. Late that evening, I returned to find the bed turned down as they had offered.

In the morning, the included continental breakfast had been set out in the adjacent lounge early as I had requested. Lovely presentation with fancy carved pineapple slices, fresh berries, pastries, yogurts, juices and beverages aplenty.

Checking out, I found out I was the only guest staying at this small unique gem. While that might explain some of the "special treatment" I received, I doubt it would have been different, even with a full house.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Jamie F, Manager at Inn at Water's Edge, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Thank you very much for your genuine and kind review! It was such a pleasure to have you stay with us. I hope that your presentations went well. When business brings you back to the area we look forward to seeing you again!
Murphysboro, Illinois
Reviewed 24 December 2013

We stayed at the Water's Edge recently. The rooms were comfortable, clean, and actually elegant. The service provided by the staff was impeccable. It was the most pleasant hotel experience I have had in many years.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Jamie F, Manager at Inn at Water's Edge, responded to this review, 1 January 2014
I'm happy to hear about your experience with us! Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Hope to see you again soon next time you travel for business in the area!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glen Ellyn
Hyatt Place Chicago/Lombard
Hotel Arista
Hotel Arista
#2 of 18 in Naperville

Been to Inn at Water's Edge? Share your experiences!