“Simple & Elegant”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Glen Ellyn
Inn at Water's Edge
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Glen Ellyn
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Beautiful room and great location for my needs. The staff was friendly and accommodating. The gourmet continental breakfast was a nice touch. The beds were a little hard but other than that, my stay was perfect!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jamie F, Manager at Inn at Water's Edge, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay! Thank you for taking time to do a review. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 21 April 2014

I wanted a special treat for my birthday. Luckily there was a Beethoven concert at the Mac. It was wonderful. I have enjoyed food at some of Chicago's best restaurants; The Water Leaf Restaurant (adjacent to the hotel) provided a fantastic dinner on par with the best. The Inn at Water's Edge was truly a treasurer. I have never booked a room at a hotel. The Inn at Water's Edge has established the bar quite high for any hotel that I might stay at in the future. The room was warm and inviting. The attention to detail provided everything I needed (forgot q-tips, but there they were in the bathroom--TY). The view took me far away from the city...I welcomed the geese in the morning. Loved breakfast. And the staff everywhere could not have been more welcoming & professional.

Room Tip: I like the seating area that having a Queen size bed allows.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jamie F, Manager at Inn at Water's Edge, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

I'm happy to hear about your experience! Thank you for choosing to stay with us in celebration of your birthday. I'm glad you had a chance to experience the re-opening of the MAC as well as the Waterleaf restaurant too. We hope to see you again in the future! Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Upon arrival we were greeted with a smile and our treatment was very sincere and professional. Every person we ran in to were very hospitable and super friendly! We ate dinner in the restaurant and let me tell you, that my friends, is why you stay here! Perfect in every way! Put the restaurant and the hotel on your list of things to do! You will not be disappointed!

• Stayed: March 2014
Jamie F, Manager at Inn at Water's Edge, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

I am happy to hear your experience at the hotel was perfect. That is what we strive for! Thank you for sharing your experience with others! I appreciate your feedback and look forward to having you stay again!

Reviewed 31 March 2014

My wife and I are frequent visitors to the College of DuPage for concerts and other programs. So when I saw that we had a concert on the Saturday night after the Friday of our 25th anniversary, it seemed like a natural to book into the Inn for the weekend. So I took the "Romance" package for Friday night, with it's bottle of Champagne and chocolate strawberries included, and for Saturday night, the "Sunday Brunch" package that would carry us through the rest of the weekend. We ate Friday nights' dinner at Waterleaf, and then also had a Champagne and desert snack before the concert on Saturday night (a complementary surprise treat), and then used the $50.00 certificate to cover the brunch on Sunday. From the time we hit the door of the hotel on Friday evening till we left after brunch, we were treated as if we were the most important guests they have had. Everything was explained clearly and concisely, all turndowns and cleanings were invisible, coffee and continental was available on time (their coffee is excellent), and comfort and quiet were the order of the day. There were a few minor improvements that I would suggest, like a hook in the bathroom for hanging a robe, and noise from the hall through the door could be a problem is there was a noisy guest, but the room is nicely appointed and designed and the bathroom is spectacular for the price range of this hotel. Everything felt safe and secure and very private. I haven't felt this comfortable at a hotel since the Four Seasons on Maui (for several hundred dollars more a night). I know this is a Chicago suburb, and you are on a college campus with other institutional building and their power plants and what not, but if you focus on the lake and trees and birds and the comfort of the setting you are seated in, I don't think you could ask for any more for the price. I would definitely do this again and they really helped to make our 25th something special to remember.

Room Tip: When they put the coffee out in the morning, the aroma is like an alarm clock. Maybe you could sleep...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for expressing your experience in such detail! I'm glad we met your expectations and had the opportunity to have you stay for such a memorable occasion! Congratulations on celebrating 25 years!! I appreciate you taking the time to provide a review of your stay. It was certainly a pleasure to have you with us for the weekeend and we hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed 21 March 2014

The Inn at Water's Edge was a complete delight. From being called to confirm my reservation to being graciously shown to my room--I loved it there. If you are traveling for business with the college--do not miss this unique experience.

One thing I would suggest is that they make sure the restaurant is open 7 days--or some food service available. I had been traveling since the wee hours of the morning--flying and then driving 6 hours that day--and I arrived at dinner time--and there was no food service. Even a little cheese/fruit would have been great. To see chefs cooking in their classes, but having no access to food--was disappointing. Too tired to contemplate getting back in my car to find a restaurant, I retreated to my lovely room. The morning continental breakfast was wonderful, relaxing and quiet.

I would come back here in a minute--but I might stop and get dinner before arriving if it is a Monday or Tuesday. Thanks for the hospitality.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jamie F, Manager at Inn at Water's Edge, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us! I appreciate your suggestion of having food available on Mondays and Tuesdays when the restaurant is closed. I will take that into consideration with our chef and see what we can do for the future. We hope to see you again next time you are doing business in the area!

Reviewed 10 March 2014

This past weekend we had a wonderful and relaxing stay at the Inn at Water's Edge in the Culinary and Hospitality Center at COD in Glen Ellyn, IL. This was at least our 5th stay at the hotel, maybe 6... I have lost count. But each visit is as special as the last as we are graciously greeted and pampered throughout our visit. Every morning starts in the lounge for a continental breakfast by the large sunny windows that look out over the campus. I can remember the first time I sat there thinking about how it would be to leave our daughter at this college so far away from us in Kansas. We come to the lounge in the robes provided in our room, and make ourselves right at home nibbling on the fresh pastries, fruit and homemade breads and jams. The coffee is perfection! We bring our notes and journals and all the things we need to discuss and talk about and sit for at least an hour, usually more catching up with our daughter and making plans for the future. Someone from the hotel always comes over to say hello and make sure we have everything we need. These are our friends now. They know all about our daughter and are anxious to hear about her progress at COD and what the future holds next for her. The Inn at Water's Edge has become our favorite destination. It will become yours, too, I promise!

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms. They are all lovely.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jamie F, Manager at Inn at Water's Edge, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Even though this was your 5th or 6th stay we always look forward to you and your wife visiting! We love hearing stories about your daughter and future plans for her education. There is always something new to share! Thank you for taking the time to share your stay in detail so future guests may have similar experiences! Until next time, take care!

Reviewed 10 March 2014

I stayed at the Inn at Water's edge because I was involved in an event at College of DuPage that began at 6am and didn't want to drive in from the city that early. The staff went over and above to accommodate my early start time and put out breakfast over an hour early so I could get something to eat before going to my event.
The location on COD's campus is perfect for events on campus, especially those at the culinary school's Water Leaf restaurant and theater and arts events at the MAC.
The rooms were clean and had great amenities- the only thing I missed was not having a fridge for beverages/leftovers.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I appreciate you taking the time to review your recent stay with us! I'm happy to hear that your special request for breakfast was accommodated. With only 6 rooms on site it's easy for us to personalize our guests experience. Thank you for sharing yours!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Glen Ellyn
Crowne Plaza Lombard Downers Grove
Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel & Conference Center Chicago / Downers Grove
Hyatt Place Chicago/Lombard
Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago-Naperville
Hilton Lisle / Naperville
Sheraton Lisle Naperville Hotel

Been to Inn at Water's Edge? Share your experiences!