“fb review”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Glen Ellyn
Inn at Water's Edge
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Glen Ellyn
“fb review”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

wonderful experience. The rooms and service are Ritz Carlton level. I had to leave early and the stafff had breakfast ready for me at 5 am. coffee is excellent. Nice selection of healthy food. Work out facility is the school's PE center next door, which is fabulous.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

Jamie F, Manager at Inn at Water's Edge, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
I'm happy to hear about your recent experience with us! I appreciate your comparison to Ritz Carlton as we strive for excellence. Thank you for taking time to do a reveiw. I truly hope we see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 9 May 2014

This was an absolute great find! I was here for business but, will absolutely return for pleasure. The staff couldn't have been more accomodating. The room was very spacious and super clean. I loved the french doors that opened onto the beautiful lake view and allowed for fresh air. I had lunch at the restarurant. The food was fabulous and again the service was excellent! I would recommend this hotel & restaurant to everyone!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Jamie F, Manager at Inn at Water's Edge, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Thank you very much for taking time to do a review of your recent stay! I'm happy to hear about your experience and appreciate your recommendation to others. We look forward to having you stay again in the future!
Reviewed 1 May 2014

My new wife and I stayed here for our wedding-night after a ceremony and reception at the Morton Arboretum. We arrived late, but the 24-hr desk staff came right outside to greet us, and lead us up to our beautiful and modern room (very recent update to the furnishings it seemed). A quite-good bottle of champagne awaited us (unprompted!) and we settled in for a well-deserved rest.

In the morning, the continental breakfast was quite satisfactory, and while we looked forward to Sunday Brunch at the attached Waterleaf Restaurant, we had early flights. In general, one couldn't tell that this accommodation is staffed with students from the nearby college - it runs like a charm, with a charm, and we were charmed :-) I recommend to anyone looking for a luxury night in the suburbs.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank saturn_vv
Jamie F, Manager at Inn at Water's Edge, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Congratulations to you and your wife! Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your wedding night. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and the extra touches we provided. Hopefully we'll see you again for your first anniversary!
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Beautiful room and great location for my needs. The staff was friendly and accommodating. The gourmet continental breakfast was a nice touch. The beds were a little hard but other than that, my stay was perfect!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Jamie F, Manager at Inn at Water's Edge, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay! Thank you for taking time to do a review. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I wanted a special treat for my birthday. Luckily there was a Beethoven concert at the Mac. It was wonderful. I have enjoyed food at some of Chicago's best restaurants; The Water Leaf Restaurant (adjacent to the hotel) provided a fantastic dinner on par with the best. The Inn at Water's Edge was truly a treasurer. I have never booked a room at a hotel. The Inn at Water's Edge has established the bar quite high for any hotel that I might stay at in the future. The room was warm and inviting. The attention to detail provided everything I needed (forgot q-tips, but there they were in the bathroom--TY). The view took me far away from the city...I welcomed the geese in the morning. Loved breakfast. And the staff everywhere could not have been more welcoming & professional.

Room Tip: I like the seating area that having a Queen size bed allows.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Jamie F, Manager at Inn at Water's Edge, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
I'm happy to hear about your experience! Thank you for choosing to stay with us in celebration of your birthday. I'm glad you had a chance to experience the re-opening of the MAC as well as the Waterleaf restaurant too. We hope to see you again in the future! Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay.
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Upon arrival we were greeted with a smile and our treatment was very sincere and professional. Every person we ran in to were very hospitable and super friendly! We ate dinner in the restaurant and let me tell you, that my friends, is why you stay here! Perfect in every way! Put the restaurant and the hotel on your list of things to do! You will not be disappointed!

• Stayed March 2014
Jamie F, Manager at Inn at Water's Edge, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
I am happy to hear your experience at the hotel was perfect. That is what we strive for! Thank you for sharing your experience with others! I appreciate your feedback and look forward to having you stay again!
Orland Park, Illinois
Reviewed 31 March 2014

My wife and I are frequent visitors to the College of DuPage for concerts and other programs. So when I saw that we had a concert on the Saturday night after the Friday of our 25th anniversary, it seemed like a natural to book into the Inn for the weekend. So I took the "Romance" package for Friday night, with it's bottle of Champagne and chocolate strawberries included, and for Saturday night, the "Sunday Brunch" package that would carry us through the rest of the weekend. We ate Friday nights' dinner at Waterleaf, and then also had a Champagne and desert snack before the concert on Saturday night (a complementary surprise treat), and then used the $50.00 certificate to cover the brunch on Sunday. From the time we hit the door of the hotel on Friday evening till we left after brunch, we were treated as if we were the most important guests they have had. Everything was explained clearly and concisely, all turndowns and cleanings were invisible, coffee and continental was available on time (their coffee is excellent), and comfort and quiet were the order of the day. There were a few minor improvements that I would suggest, like a hook in the bathroom for hanging a robe, and noise from the hall through the door could be a problem is there was a noisy guest, but the room is nicely appointed and designed and the bathroom is spectacular for the price range of this hotel. Everything felt safe and secure and very private. I haven't felt this comfortable at a hotel since the Four Seasons on Maui (for several hundred dollars more a night). I know this is a Chicago suburb, and you are on a college campus with other institutional building and their power plants and what not, but if you focus on the lake and trees and birds and the comfort of the setting you are seated in, I don't think you could ask for any more for the price. I would definitely do this again and they really helped to make our 25th something special to remember.

Room Tip: When they put the coffee out in the morning, the aroma is like an alarm clock. Maybe you could sleep...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Jamie F, Manager at Inn at Water's Edge, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Thank you for expressing your experience in such detail! I'm glad we met your expectations and had the opportunity to have you stay for such a memorable occasion! Congratulations on celebrating 25 years!! I appreciate you taking the time to provide a review of your stay. It was certainly a pleasure to have you with us for the weekeend and we hope to see you again in the near future!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glen Ellyn
Hyatt Place Chicago/Lombard
Hotel Arista
Hotel Arista
#2 of 18 in Naperville

Been to Inn at Water's Edge? Share your experiences!