“Sweet little cafe with homemade treats”
Review of Blackberry Market

Blackberry Market
Ranked #2 of 96 Restaurants in Glen Ellyn
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: We are on the corner of Main St. and Hillside in downtown Glen Ellyn – across the street from St. Marks Episcopal Church and Giesche Shoes.
chicago
“Sweet little cafe with homemade treats”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Adorable cafe in downtown Glen Ellyn featuring lots of homemade treats for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. There biscuits, served with homemade jam will make you very happy. They also have a small selection of other sweets, including cinnamon rolls and gelato. Intelligentsia is the bean. They have lots of daily specials for take home meals and healthy, home cooked options such as sandwiches and salads to eat in their charming space. There is a seating outside, free wifi, and sweet gifts available up front. This is a very welcome addition to downtown Glen Ellyn.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank crazyplatter

Chicago, Illinois
“delicious and fresh food”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We have eaten here several times and love it. It is a super cute market that offers healthy and fresh options. We love their cinnamon rolls and we have also ordered salads and sandwiches. Highly recommend.

• Visited May 2014
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
“Yummy breakfast choices in a casual atmosphere”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

My son, who just graduated with his Master's Degree, spent many days at Blackberry Market and was anxious to take us there while we were in Wheaton for his graduation. He loves the casual atmosphere that served as his study hall and welcomed him to grab a coffee and stow away in a corner with his laptop. He is also a fan of their food, especially breakfast, and now we know why. My husband, other son and I joined him for breakfast one morning and all enjoyed our meals. The guys all had the Farmhouse Breakfast - two sandwiches made from fresh-made biscuits, bacon and eggs, served with a side of roasted potatoes. I had the steel-cut oats which are seasoned with brown sugar and cinnamon and topped with chopped pecans, as well as a side of mixed fruit. Everything was so fresh and tasty, and of course I had to try a bite of the biscuit, which was also delicious. Since this is a market, a coffee shop setting with a small menu, their options are limited, which is not necessarily a bad thing. Many of the daily salads and bakery items are displayed in cases, and we saw some of the cupcakes being decorated while we were eating, so it's obvious the food is fresh and "homemade." According to my son, they also have some outstanding gelato! My only complaint would be that because it is more of a casual setting, one section of the seating area lends itself to families who let their children roam freely and loudly through the tables. So if you want a tad more privacy, sit closer to the food cases/ordering area. Apparently there is also an outdoor patio but because of the weather we decided to stay indoors. The market area sells coffee, homemade jams and spreads, and some handmade items. Another charming aspect of Blackberry is that because my son was a frequent visitor there the servers got to know him and were happy to meet his family. The lady at the register was super friendly and we had a nice conversation with her while we decided what to order. Blackberry is a definite must-visit on your list if you're in the Glen Ellyn/Wheaton or surrounding area, or if you're visiting from out of town and want a non-chain food experience. P.S. - be sure to check out their website!

• Visited May 2014
“Mr G Seppy”
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

My partner and i go to the market quite regularly we find it brite and vibrant .
The food stalls are brilliant with lots to choose from.
The cafe area is grate with lots to choose from
We go to spindles for dinner ..we have the cheese n onion pie n chips very good ......highly recommended

“Just like home”
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

I stopped it on Friday while making a delivery. I decided to buy some cookies. As soon as I got in my truck I dove in. The first bite took me back to when I was a kid. The cookie just melted in my mouth. Huge chunks of chocolate chips ozze with every bite. I'll definitely be there again. The best in dupage county hands down.