“Much better in the city”
Review of Giordano's

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Giordano's
Ranked #17 of 96 Restaurants in Glen Ellyn
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I have been to the giordano's downtown and the pizza at this particular spot is pretty average. I don't know why it is so different but the flavor is night and day. I always get the stuffed and here it is pretty bland in my opinion. Giordano's is one of my favorites when it comes to Chicago pizza but I rarely ever eat at this particular one. If you are just trying Chicago pizza go downtown.

1  Thank nikki s
There are newer reviews for Giordano's

Reviewed 14 October 2013

We have dined at many Giordano's restaurants over the years. This one was bar far the best! Our family of 5 dined in the Glen Ellyn restaurant last Saturday night. The service was outstanding!!
The food was excellent.
We have another Giordano's 3 minutes from our house. We will drive the 20 minutes to this one instead. We were very pleased.

2  Thank nabsnjan
Reviewed 11 July 2013

We've been going to this Giordano's for over 20 years. It is quite simply the best Chicago style pizza we've ever had. We love ours with pepperoni, sausage, onions, and green peppers. If you don't live in the area (which we don't anymore), you can order partially baked pizzas to be shipped to you. You can keep them in your freezer and bake them whenever you need your Giordano's fix. That's our standard birthday gift to our son-in-law. What more can I say? It's the best!

2  Thank empressoftheuniverse
Reviewed 1 June 2013 via mobile

Great deep dish pizza. Lots of cheese and a really great flaky crust. Pretty expensive for pizza $18 for a 10 in with 2 toppings. Got the spicy pepper stuff and sausage. Very good. I would recommend this place for sure.

1  Thank Gina E
Reviewed 27 May 2013

This is one of our local favorite places for sit-down pizza, as there seem to be fewer and fewer sit-down places for pizza....

Pizza: We typically get their deep-dish pizza, but this time we went with the thin-crust. We ended up with the special which was sausage, mushrooms, green peppers and onions. The veggies were fresh and cooked nicely and there was a good balance of sauce to cheese to veggies. The crust itself was similar to a hand tossed, not overly thick or thin. It was prepared well, not over or under cooked and served hot at our table.

Salad: We also ordered their entree salad which my hubby and I split and was cheaper than two individual. They brought two dressings,bleu cheese and their lemon vinaigrette. My hubby really liked the bleu cheese and it looked like there were chunks of cheese in it. He said it was nice and creamy and on the thicker side, not runny like some other places serve. The vinaigrette had a really nice lemon flavor that was not over-powering at all. The salad was more than enough for two people to share.

Drinks: We just had cokes, which we had to ask the waitress to replace because they were flat when she brought them. We aren't sure if the fountain was not working right or the drinks were prepared ahead of time in pictures and had went flat. Either way, she replaced them quickly.

It was pretty dark in the restaurant which was a bit annoying until someone went around and opened all of the blinds. The restaurant could use a little bit more charm in terms of decor.

Their prices are reasonable and the food always good.