“great food and views”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We have visited Restaurante Punta Prima before but only for drinks. Today we tried the food and it was excellent, with first class service. I had the burger with Swiss cheese, mushrooms, horseradish mayonnaise with crispy mushrooms and my wife had the roast chicken breast with mash, pack choi, asparagus and pumpkin puree. We also had fantastic ice creams sundaes, which we were halfway through before I realised I had not taken a photo!! The views from the restaurant along the coast back to La Zenia and Cabo Roig are wonderful. A great place to relax with sea views and excellent menu options.

Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

Came here yesterday for a thankyou meal from our bosses at work. We had a huge round table outside beautiful views. Unfortunately we were late for our booking, we did phone to say we would be late. Nothing but praise for the whole place. I didn't have a starter, but the other 8 did. So glad as they were huge. For main I had the lamb which was Devine. Thank you so much for everything. As we all work in a top restaurant in quesada all I can say is given the chance I'll be back. We had the a la carte menu during the day. It was fab. Thank you all so very very much

Reviewed 4 May 2018 via mobile

I booked this over the phone using my very poor Spanish. It wasn’t necessary as the staff are all fluent in English but, for once, a Spaniard went with it and tried a conversation with me. So firstly, if the staff read this:

¡Muchas gracias por su paciencia!

Now for the meal. We had a two course meal: scallops for me and cheese&ham for my wife for starters and monkfish and salmon for mains. They were excellently cooked and were large in size.

Tasting notes on the wine were limited. I like the (now) British method of rating the wine from dry to sweet. We didn’t have this but we asked the waiter who gladly recommended a lovely wine for us.

Total cost €83 including IVA.

In fact, the service was the star quality here. No fuss. No hassle. Just brilliant attentive service delivered by a waiting staff that kept a remote eye on their covers.

Lots of french there when we arrived, who were all raving about the food. If that means anything???!!? Ha ha.

Tip: If the weather is warm then ask for a table outside as the patio is spacious and the vista, although plain, is unobstructed and still rather lovely. If, like it was for us, the evening weather was chilly, then asking for a table with a sea view will give you an equally enjoyable experience next to the wide panoramic windows.

Tip: If you like fine dining and have a large party then this place is for you. Great view, ample parking and so much table room that you’ll have no problem with a booking. They are used to catering for events as well so large covers are ok - but please don’t think this is some kind of corporate venue. In fact, we ate there as a couple and were treated royally.

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

Great restaurant in the perfect location with a lovely view. Large selection on menu.. the whole place its self has a lot of seating and a good vibe, however service seems a little all over the place, other than that it is worth a visit.

Reviewed 27 April 2018 via mobile

I have visited this restaurant a number of times and have had to wait up to 20 minutes until they have acknowledged my arrival.
Following that initial contact things get no better, as all sense of normal time is ignored. You need to allow about three times the amount of time you would usually need for a meal.
With that said, why do I keep on going? Because the location is spot on and the food excellent.
I would still go again tomorrow, as one of the best meals I have ever had had been there.
Once you accept that time is not important, and you relax, you cannot beat the experience.
I put the tardy service down to the Spanishness of the place.