“Perfect for our needs”

Motel 6 Chicago North- Glenview
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Glenview
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We wanted to be away from the craziness of Milwaukee during the Harley Davidson 110th celebration, so we stayed here (an hour away.) The hotel was clean, nobody messed with the bike while we were sleeping, and it was close to a Subway, Dunkin Donuts and the interstate. We were satisfied with this hotel and the price.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Julie B

Reviewed 24 June 2013

All in all this is a pretty nice Motel 6. The neighborhood is ok and the rooms have been remodeled. The only time we ever had any problems was one time when the neighboring room with an adjoining door had people that talked all night, otherwise all of our experiences were good and the price can't be beat.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with no adjoining door.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2013

I have recently been relocated with my job out here so looking for a place in glenview area.I stood here for a week.They had pimps and prostitution going on next door,under and across from me my whole week hear.I told front desk of the noise and loud banging they were making all day and night long.The front desk called one room where they were in the prostitute got rude with her you can hear it they were told to check out but the same day they checked back in next door to me.Staff here must be in on it some how cause I watched a pimp and a few under age girls go in and out a few rooms across and next to me all night long with custermers.The following morning around 5am I was woken to a girl in the hall yelling at the pimp who just hit her.It gets better I guess staff told them I made a complaint so then after they were banging on my door and getting rooms next to me as well making extreme noise so they can get me out.Also they were also throwing rocks late night at my windows.This place is more like a homeless shelter but you pay for it!!! They have cams in the hallways but obviously they dont watch them or they dont work or care!!!! Stay away if you are smart!!!!

• Stayed: May 2013
8  Thank quuit
Reviewed 11 December 2012

We were there for one nite.. Our room was clean, the bed was very comfortable and our time was very relaxing. Yes, the room was small but we didnt need any more room. We just needed to a bed to sleep, a tv to watch for a little while, and a clean place (especially the bathroom).

So worth the money.

Room Tip: There is a place for you to do your laundry, buy soap and of course vending products. I always ask f...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 November 2012

I had an athletic competition at North Western University and wanted a clean and as cheap as I could locate place to sleep in for three days. This Motel 6 fit the bill. Recently redone it still had stickers on the toilet fixtures - I suppose they will weather off. NO BEDBUGS. I checked the bedbug registry before making reservations and personal examination once I was there. Of course YMMV. The beds were reasonable, i.e. not so soft or beaten down that I had back issues. Floors very clean and staff was extremely courteous and helpful even as I arrived at 1AM. Note I did call ahead and tell them so. North Western Univ is about 20 minutes away but a straight shot down Lake Ave and through some of the nicest neighborhoods in the area. So unless you want walking distance this was about as good as you'll get. There are several chain restaurants in the area, TGIF, Wendy's, dunkin doughnuts (free wifi), and several non-chain but very good local eateries including a breakfast lunch place across Milwaukee Ave which also has free wifi. I gave the motel a high rating for being more or less at the top of what it is, a low end motel. Clean and absolutely no frills. ONE COMPLAINT, they charge for wifi. Only $3/24 hours but it the sort of thing that irks.

Room Tip: Tips, layout has basically three sides, one next to a Freeway (not preferred), one on Milwaukee Ave...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank jjj727
Reviewed 3 August 2012

My daughter called from here in Colorado to book a room for 4 nights. You would think that was a simple thing... I sat right here with her while she made the resevation with the phone on speaker. The man on the phone quoted her a price for her stay. He stated that it would be 142.00 with a dog.. 102.00 without. "Wow" said my daughter "really? thats a great price" "So" she said ""142.00 with the dog and 102.00 with out"... he said "yes"...they went over the nights she would be there and when she would check in and out etc..the price is great. He has repeated it several times as they confirmed things and so ofcourse she books the room. My daughter arrived there this evening to check in. She is tired. She just drove from Colorado. . she fills out the paper work,shows her i.d. etc. and gives them her card. They ran it for 244.88. "WAIT" she says. "I was quoted such n such." The girl at the front desk basically says too bad...."Thats what we charge" ...Well not according to the guy on the phone. I heard what he said myself and she would not have booked the room. We would have looked further. Granted we may have come back but she also would have budgeted for it. I called the front desk and asked when a manager would be in. I am mad. Really hoping they make this right. I'll let you know.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank giaidreams
Reviewed 11 July 2012

Stayed for one night only after seeing other TripAdvisor reviews. I was a bit sceptical about all the positive comments for a $55 hotel because we recently had an unpleasant stay in a 'budget' hotel so, I asked to see a room before we paid.

The room was spotless it had recently been refurbished, new laminate floor, new furnishings etc, so we booked in. We were given free wi fi , the desk clerk was very helpful and all the staff we spoke to were very pleasant. Coffee only provided in the morning

Hotel within walking distance of several restaurants and on the edge of a nice residential area. The hotel is situated very close to the Interstate we asked for a quiet room and were given one

Would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank moscowgaff
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glenview
Best Western Plus Glenview-Chicagoland Inn & Suites
Baymont Inn & Suites Glenview
Courtyard Chicago Glenview/Northbrook
Delta Hotels by Marriott Chicago North Shore Suites
Staybridge Suites Glenview
Crowne Plaza Hotel Chicago - Northbrook

Been to Motel 6 Chicago North- Glenview? Share your experiences!