“Gag Me With A SPOON!!!”

Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Glenview
Kenosha, Wisconsin
“Gag Me With A SPOON!!!”
Reviewed 6 June 2010

For your peace of mind and safety I strongly urge you NOT to even consider staying at this hotel. Although located in an upscale northshore Chicago suburb my friend and I were accosted outside the building by a very intoxicated "lady of the night" sort asking us to help her check in using our ID as she didn't have her wallet with her. We refused and reported it to the young night clerk who said he'd handle it. This night clerk was training an elderly gentleman and was very rude and obnoxious to him in front of us and 2 other people waiting to check in. Later I went down to the front desk for coffee and found this creepy lady with a man who was helping her check in. The same night clerk I'd complained to was assisting this! After they left the area he commented to me that he knew how she was going to repay this guy for helping her. I did not venture out of my room again once I found he'd given this woman a room across from mine! The loud drunken noises from the hall made me and my companion very uneasy. I reported all of this to the hotel manager the next day and was given a profuse apology and an assurance she would handle this. She also told me she'd send me a coupon for a free night at any Motel 6 (there are many wonderful one's I've stayed at) but this was never received; I really didn't expect I'd ever actually receive one. The hotel is old and decrepit and the rooms were designed to accomodate one bed however our room had two doubles and there was no room to even walk around the beds. Bathroom was spotless and had been recently updated but draperies, carpets and bedding was old and ugly.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Zion, Illinois
Reviewed 29 May 2010

We didn't get our wake up call so my grandsons were late to their ROTC Memorial Day parade and were in trouble. Despite having reservations - they said I had to climb the stairs to the 2nd floor since that's all they had left. Being disabled - that wasn't an easy task. I'll never stay there again and I definitely do not recommend them.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
Fairview, North Carolina
Reviewed 25 May 2010

Rates 5 stars: Immaculately clean; helpful, polite staff. QUIET. Location is a quiet suburb, yet easy access to Chicago.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
chicago illinois
Reviewed 22 January 2010

this is by far one of the top hotels i have stayed at. the staff is very helpful and polite. the price is very cheap yet i feel like i am at a top price hotel.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled solo
Asuncion, Paraguay
Reviewed 28 November 2009

This was my forth stay in this motel. Every time I visit Chicago I check-in here. It's the cheapest among decent motels. And believe me, I research 5 miles around and if you need to spend less than what you find here, then you better be prepared to stay in an hourly based one. However, low price does not mean unclean at this particular motel because this is a recently renovated one. Therefore, you don't smell tobacco at non smoking rooms. They were truly clean. My room had a great TV! It was a flat screen one. The bathroom was clean and the shower was new too.
Location wise this motel is very close to O’Hare international airport.
I cannot say only good things because you might think I am the manager, but it's true and sincere. If I had to complain about something that would be the morning coffee. They don't offer a decaf coffee. But com'on if you need to sip a good coffee you don't need a motel, you go to Starbucks.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
east Tennessee
Reviewed 26 October 2009

We began staying at Motel 6 because the chain takes pets. Even when we do not bring our dog with us we stay here! It is central to the places we want to go in the northern suburbs. Even better, the staff is friendly, the rooms are clean and comfortable, the price is right and it is across the street from a good place to eat breakfast.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank funtravel2010
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 July 2009

We booked a smoking room online and when we arrived at the motel we discovered that it was all non-smoking. So our first gripe would be why advertise and allow customers to book a smoking room when none were available? We were told upon asking that the website had not been updated. Nobody bothered to contact us to inform us of the change of policy either. Being able to book a smoking room was the deal clincher to make us book this motel. We left after one night.

Besides that, we found the room to be quite small and cramped - the beds were pushed up against the walls and there was a very narrow gap in between. The beds were however, very comfortable.

The room was clean and we did not experience any of the dampness mentioned in the other review. The day staff were not particularly helpful and struggled to understand us, but we have to say that the night staff was brilliant, very helpful and accomodating.

What we would like to see from this motel is an updated and honest portrayal of the property on their website and that you get what you actually book.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glenview
Baymont Inn & Suites Glenview
Best Western Plus Glenview-Chicagoland Inn & Suites
Courtyard Chicago Glenview/Northbrook
Delta Hotels by Marriott Chicago North Shore Suites
Crowne Plaza Hotel Chicago - Northbrook
Red Roof Inn Chicago - Northbrook / Deerfield

Been to Motel 6 Chicago North- Glenview? Share your experiences!