If I were a movie director, and needed to film a scene in a totally anonymous hotel, off a totally anonymous highway, next to (well, a half-mile from) a totally generic shopping center, this would be it. It is a cookie cutter middle-of-the road facility, refrigerator in room as well as stove, cooking utensils and microwave. When I arrived, they were serving their happy hour and complementary meal - chili dogs - with salad that looked as if it was heavy on iceberg lettuce and other greens that could withstand long hours in the fridge. I can eat almost anything, but I couldn't eat this. I looked at the month's menu, thinking perhaps I had hit a bad night, but all of the offerings seemed to run to high fat, high cholesterol, low flavor stuff. The room was reasonably comfortable, the bathroom a reasonable size. No real complaints there. The front desk was indifferent at best. I didn't try he "dining" options in the nearby shopping center. It was roasting hot and it seemed too far to walk. Colleagues of mine took a cab over there and said they got an adequate dinner. Nothing bad here, but there must be better options at this price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Staybridge Suites Hotel, Glenview/Chicago, IL, located in the Business and Shopping district of the Glen Town Center. Conveniently located just seconds from the North Glen Train Station and only 8 miles from O'Hare International Airport (ORD). Our hotel is just blocks away from Shopping, Dining and Recreational destinations and is also close to corporate neighbors such as Kraft, Allstate, Anixter, CVS, Altria, Grainger, Accenture, Pearson, GN Resound, Beltone, Caremark, Underwriters Laboratories (UL), ITW, Crate & Barrel, AON, Avon, Goss, AC Nielsen, College of American Pathology, Mead Johnson and North American Corporation. We are also located close to the Chicago Botanical Gardens, Ravinia Music Festival, Pinstripes Bocci & Bowling, Northwestern University, Kohl Children's Museum, Illinois Holocaust Museum and Education Center, and downtown Chicago (18 miles) via Metra regional train system. At the Staybridge Suites Glenview all suites include a desk with ergonomic chair, 2 line telephone, direct in room phone number, 40+ cable channels including HBO, DVD/CD players, fully equipped kitchens, microwaves, and full size refrigerators. Staybridge Suites Glenview offers valuable amenities such as free high-speed Internet access, a complimentary breakfast buffet every morning, 24-hour guest laundry, fitness center, indoor swimming pool, business center and Sundowner Manager's Reception. We are pet friendly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Staybridge Suites Glenview reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Hotel Glenview
- Glenview Staybridge Suites