“Great Stay”

Staybridge Suites Glenview
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Glenview
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Arrived here on a three day stay and had a warm and friendly greeting from John on reception who followed up with a call to the room to check everything was ok. The room was clean and had some nice touches such as automatic ice in the freeezer and of course the free wifi is fast and a great addition. Breakfast was standard free buffet fare but nicely laid out and a broad choice; I'm usually just a cream cheese bagel and coffee so I was happy.
The room itself could probably do with a refresh in the next year or two - there's nothing wrong with it, just that decor is getting a bit tired and I've stayed in (newer) local competitors who are a bit more modern in that regard; I found small things a bit frustrating (size of bath, height of counter top, no electrical socket in the actual kitchen for the toaster but loads outside - all very minor things which would be easy to address in a refresh). The bed was very comfortable and above all the hotel was very quiet and well soundproofed (despite being fairly full). I didn't get the chance to use the swimming pool but it looks like a nice one.
The local area demands a car but once in it you are literally a 3 minute drive from Kohls, Target, Whole Foods, Best Buy, Starbucks, CVS Pharmacy, etc.; and of course Glenview itself with various bars and restaurants.
At the right price it's hard to think why you'd need to stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: Higher floors are probably quieter and the stairs aren't too daunting.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
GMAimee1, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Glenview, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Mixip-
I am so thrilled to hear you enjoyed your three night stay. John is great and we are glad to have him. You will be happy to hear that our refresh starts in November and all that "tired" furniture is being replaced. You will see a whole new hotel during your next stay. Thank you for the feedback!

Reviewed 8 October 2013

I was in Glenview on business and was very pleased with this hotel. The rooms are lard and clean. There is great shopping and restaurants near by. My room was facing the road but it was very soundproof. The front desk staff were always pleasant.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
GMAimee1, Manager at Staybridge Suites Glenview, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

PamelaSueB-
I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We pride ourselves on excellent customer service and cleanliness! Thank you for the feedback and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 7 October 2013

Staybridge was an exceptionally average hotel at a good price for my three night stay. The rooms and hotel are clean, but could use some love, as in upkeep love... most things look a bit tired, worn in and about ready for update/replacement. The bed was good, slept well in my third floor room. The breakfast - average: standard fruit and heavy carb load, (bread(s), waffles, pastry, etc.) and the coffee is good. The hotel only has one elevator, so get ready to do some stairs unless you are prepared to wait. Staff was nice, personable. Hotel was 20-25 minutes from Northwestern University by car.

Room Tip: Might want to stay away from the common area/entrance
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
GMAimee1, Manager at Staybridge Suites Glenview, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Djt4-
Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback. You will be happy to know that we start our renovation in November to replace those worn items. I do apologize for any inconveniences you suffered with the elevator but I am glad to hear you slept well. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 30 September 2013

We had a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom suite, It was clean and affordable. Our stay was not for pleasure but for medical issues at Chicago childrens hospital. We will be staying here again for our next trip. Housekeeping did a great job and very friendly !

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
GMAimee1, Manager at Staybridge Suites Glenview, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Julie R-

Thank you for your feedback! We love to hear from our guests. We look forward to your next visit, hopefully under better circumstances!

Reviewed 10 September 2013

I have stayed at this hotel 4 different times for a total of 20 nights. My stays were very consistent. Consistently poor. The hotel without the staff is good. The rooms are reasonably well kept up and appointed as one would expect from this brand.

What was so bad? Lots of little things. My bed wasn't fully made at least half the time. The toiletries in the bathroom were not replaced, no bill under my door the night before checkout, flaky wireless internet (lightening fast when connected by a LAN cable), poor quality food for breakfast and snacks. None of these would individually cause harm but the accumulation of little things adds up.

The poor housekeeping is the most consistent and noticeable issue with this hotel. I suspect it is by direction from management rather than poor housekeeping staff.

Pros: Reasonable price for the property and the area, overall reasonable value, decent rooms

Cons: Brutal housekeeping, poor service, missing lots of little touches

Room Tip: Do avoid the first floor near the elevator and desk as the housekeeping staff congregate every morni...
1  Thank HomerIsTakenDoh
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Glenview, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

Dear HomerIsTakenDoh,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns regarding your stay with us. Please accept our sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced and we regret we did not live up to your expectations in some aspects of your stay. Please be assured that your feedback will be taken into consideration in our efforts to continually monitor and improve the quality and services we offer.

Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope that you will consider us again on your next travel.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 24 August 2013

Staybridge is a pleasant hotel, and good for a medium-long term stay. The rooms and hotel provide a warm, cozy feel and the rooms are kept very clean. The breakfasts are not very exciting but the coffee is good. The hotel only has 1 elevator and 2 bellhops which are utilized so often that you may be waiting for these items for quite some time.

I travel frequently for work and would gladly stay here again while waiting for another assignment. It's not my favorite hotel, but it has a good location close to Costco and the northern suburbs and a great atmosphere.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Glenview, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

Dear Ray B,

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 21 August 2013

I've been staying at this property since mid-January during the week for a temporary job assignment and go home most weekends to Florida.
This property is clean, well-run and very affordable. I rated 4 Stars based on how it compares to their competition, not a 5-star Ritz Carlton. The rooms are clean, I'm rarely disturbed (by housekeeping or other guests), I rarely take advantage of the breakfast buffet or weeknight social hour, but it's there. The only detraction is no on-site sit-down restaurant, but that's not their business model. What sets this property apart from the rest is their management- Kelly Haggerty specifically. She elicits input from guests and then acts upon it with speed and decisiveness. To wit, I shared an opportunity with her just days ago about their wi-fi (slow speed, difficulty connecting to my work laptop and the frequent need to log-in to their system with a user name and password). As of this moment, I am typing this review now on my laptop as she had their wi-fi upgraded to double the previous speed and received permission to do-away with the cumbersome log-in process. What empowerment and ownership !! I did not share this concern before, frankly, because I deal with corporate America daily and was confident there was nothing that could be done about it.
Kelly, along with her fellow staff, make this a pleasant "home away from home" and, after more than 7 months at this assignment, this means a lot. THANK YOU Kelly/Staybridge staff !!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Matthew C, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Glenview, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2016

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your stay at the Staybridge Suites Glenview. We appreciate the feedback and look forward to seeing you once again.

Guest Services Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Glenview
Best Western Plus Glenview-Chicagoland Inn & Suites
Courtyard Chicago Glenview/Northbrook
Delta Hotels by Marriott Chicago North Shore Suites
Baymont Inn & Suites Glenview
Sheraton Chicago Northbrook Hotel
Renaissance Chicago North Shore Hotel

Been to Staybridge Suites Glenview? Share your experiences!