“WE STAYED IN 436”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Los Angeles, California
“WE STAYED IN 436”
Reviewed 20 November 2010

This is odd we stayed in this room over the weekend and had nothing of the sort of these things, We make a extra effort to double check with all the national reports of this type of issues. The hotel suite was clean and very comfortable for our family, I do know that this time of the year certain insect do come it ...might have been something othere than what you thought..

2 Thank mac101236
Matthew C, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Glenview, responded to this review, 5 May 2016
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your stay at the Staybridge Suites Glenview. We appreciate the feedback and look forward to seeing you once again.

Guest Services Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
cincinnati
Reviewed 13 November 2010

11/12/10 Purchased 2-2BR suites rooms 436 and 438. At 11AM woke up to change my son's diaper and found 2 bedbugs in bed with us. Upon closer inspection we found many many bugs in all three beds. When we alerted the front desk they said the hotel was sold out, but they could move us the next night. After I brought down the "specimens" we had killed they agreed to book us at another hotel. I'm fairly positive the staff here knew there was a problem in this room. Disappointing. We did not find evidence of bedbugs in room 438.

7 Thank lirpa1313

Guest Services Manager
Minnesota
Reviewed 8 November 2010

Stayed in a 2 room suite and had lots of room for our family of five. Pool area is on the smallish side, but the water temp was very nice. No whirlpool which was a bummer. The included breakfast is good, lots of waiting for food to be replenished, but all in all pretty tasty with adequate variety. Our only glitch was check-in. The room was not ready and the "ready in 5 minutes" ended up being almost 45 minutes, so trying to get 5 ready for a wedding was stressful! The front desk person, Edgar, was very apologetic and even went to assist housekeeping in getting the room finished.

Another bonus is the close proximity to Chicago's Metra train - about 1/3 of a mile from the hotel.

3 Thank SandyToesMinnesota
Matthew C, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Glenview, responded to this review, 26 May 2016
We thank you for your feedback, your comments are very much appreciated. Please feel free to contact me directly to discuss your review.

North Brunswick, New Jersey
Reviewed 12 October 2010

Stay Bridge suites in Glenview, IL was a very pleasant experience. Their break fast spread along with supper options were interesting and very comforting. Good quality service and convenient location.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank monvishi

Warrenton. Virginia
Reviewed 4 May 2010

We returned here once again to stay in a suite. The staff are friendly and we enjoy the hotel. We love the stone fireplace in the winter and the indoor heated pool. The pool is lightly used so it is very private. We love it especially in winter when you can see snow outside but the pool is nice and warm inside. It snowed quite a bit while we were there, but the hotel had the parking lot cleared within minutes after the snow fell and they kept it clear through regular plowing.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank Europeatheart

Illinois
Reviewed 9 January 2010

I love this hotel. I stay often during bad weather days . I stay here 3min. away from my work instead of driving for hours to get home in the bad weather. The rooms are clean and super comfy. The very large selection of breakfast foods and evening snacks with wine and beer are wonderful. I do not know another hotel that offers this much for the money. My favorite part is the wonderful staff. The desk staff are the nicest, friendliest people I have ever met. They are always available to help with anything they can. I was going to clean off my car after a pretty big snow and the manager was outside asking guests if he could help them. I don't know about you but that has never happened to me before. I have stayed at some of the other local Glenview hotels, but my pick is the Staybridge. The others are more expensive and not as comfortable for me. I truely have come to feel the Staybridge is my home away from home.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank AngelbratIllinois

minneapolis
Reviewed 6 January 2010

I stayed for 5 nights with my family during Christmas. A barking dog during the entire night in adjacent room kept me up the 1st night and when I asked if the offending pet w/ guest could be relocated, management told me they were a longer term guest and instead asked me to packup my family and relocate. They did not even speak to the offending guest about my complaint or request. I was offended and my wife was upset. Only upon complaint did they offer to upgrade my room for the inconvenience and move me to a perimeter corner. Otherwise, hotel is clean and breakfast very nice although extending hours for breakfast during holidays would be a suggestion when families and young children are the main clientele. The rate is quite reasonable factoring in the suite and breakfast.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family

Matthew Clayson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glenview
Best Western Plus Glenview-Chicagoland Inn & Suites
Courtyard Chicago Glenview/Northbrook
Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago North Shore/Skokie
Sheraton Chicago Northbrook Hotel
Renaissance Chicago North Shore Hotel
Baymont Inn & Suites Glenview

Been to Staybridge Suites Glenview? Share your experiences!