“Generally a Nice Place”

Staybridge Suites Glenview
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Glenview
Reviewed 22 November 2010

I saw the bedbug review just before our departure. I immediately got on the phone with the General Manager of the hotel. He was very helpful. They DID indeed have a problem in 436, it did not spread to any other rooms and was immediately exterminated and checked/rechecked over a few days. He was more then happy to discuss my concerns over the phone. I urged him to respond to the review so others will not be afraid to stay at this hotel. It can happen anywhere and it's unpleasant, but if the hotel deals with it appropriately it should not be a problem for visitors. Everyone should be checking the bedding and headboards for signs of infestation before getting into the bed. If you are worried contact him via phone, the name and number is on your confirmation.

The room itself was a 2 bedroom suite, very large for our family of three. It's like an apartment. A kitchenette and sitting area is very nice. Beds were comfortable and plenty of storage space. No maid service on weekends unless requested earlier on Friday. The heating/cooling system did not work great, it was either too hot or too cold never seemed to regulate at the correct temperature. Also you could hear the rooms above or below through the vent system. We had a screaming baby in our range that went on for hours. The breakfast was ok, nothing great. The workout room was useful, but they could use some wipes to wipe down the machines after sweating on them.

All in all it's a decent place to stay and I would not be afraid of the bed bug situation in this case.

4  Thank PlanetR
Matthew C, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Glenview, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2016

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your stay at the Staybridge Suites Glenview. We appreciate the feedback and look forward to seeing you once again.

Reviewed 20 November 2010

This is odd we stayed in this room over the weekend and had nothing of the sort of these things, We make a extra effort to double check with all the national reports of this type of issues. The hotel suite was clean and very comfortable for our family, I do know that this time of the year certain insect do come it ...might have been something othere than what you thought..

2  Thank mac101236

Reviewed 13 November 2010

11/12/10 Purchased 2-2BR suites rooms 436 and 438. At 11AM woke up to change my son's diaper and found 2 bedbugs in bed with us. Upon closer inspection we found many many bugs in all three beds. When we alerted the front desk they said the hotel was sold out, but they could move us the next night. After I brought down the "specimens" we had killed they agreed to book us at another hotel. I'm fairly positive the staff here knew there was a problem in this room. Disappointing. We did not find evidence of bedbugs in room 438.

7  Thank lirpa1313

Reviewed 8 November 2010

Stayed in a 2 room suite and had lots of room for our family of five. Pool area is on the smallish side, but the water temp was very nice. No whirlpool which was a bummer. The included breakfast is good, lots of waiting for food to be replenished, but all in all pretty tasty with adequate variety. Our only glitch was check-in. The room was not ready and the "ready in 5 minutes" ended up being almost 45 minutes, so trying to get 5 ready for a wedding was stressful! The front desk person, Edgar, was very apologetic and even went to assist housekeeping in getting the room finished.

Another bonus is the close proximity to Chicago's Metra train - about 1/3 of a mile from the hotel.

3  Thank SandyToesMinnesota
Matthew C, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Glenview, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2016

We thank you for your feedback, your comments are very much appreciated. Please feel free to contact me directly to discuss your review.

Reviewed 12 October 2010

Stay Bridge suites in Glenview, IL was a very pleasant experience. Their break fast spread along with supper options were interesting and very comforting. Good quality service and convenient location.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank monvishi

Reviewed 4 May 2010

We returned here once again to stay in a suite. The staff are friendly and we enjoy the hotel. We love the stone fireplace in the winter and the indoor heated pool. The pool is lightly used so it is very private. We love it especially in winter when you can see snow outside but the pool is nice and warm inside. It snowed quite a bit while we were there, but the hotel had the parking lot cleared within minutes after the snow fell and they kept it clear through regular plowing.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank Europeatheart

Reviewed 9 January 2010

I love this hotel. I stay often during bad weather days . I stay here 3min. away from my work instead of driving for hours to get home in the bad weather. The rooms are clean and super comfy. The very large selection of breakfast foods and evening snacks with wine and beer are wonderful. I do not know another hotel that offers this much for the money. My favorite part is the wonderful staff. The desk staff are the nicest, friendliest people I have ever met. They are always available to help with anything they can. I was going to clean off my car after a pretty big snow and the manager was outside asking guests if he could help them. I don't know about you but that has never happened to me before. I have stayed at some of the other local Glenview hotels, but my pick is the Staybridge. The others are more expensive and not as comfortable for me. I truely have come to feel the Staybridge is my home away from home.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank AngelbratIllinois

Matthew Clayson

Also consider these accommodations in or near Glenview
Courtyard Chicago Glenview/Northbrook
Best Western Plus Glenview-Chicagoland Inn & Suites
Delta Hotels by Marriott Chicago North Shore Suites
Sheraton Chicago Northbrook Hotel
Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago North Shore/Skokie
Baymont Inn & Suites Glenview

Been to Staybridge Suites Glenview? Share your experiences!