“Wow wow wow”
Review of Cafe Lucci

Cafe Lucci
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Lucci is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 170 Restaurants in Glenview
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Central Road
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Wow we were lucky this place came up on our search of Italian restaurants. It was a very busy day had to wait about thirty minutes longer than the reservations. We started with the cavatelli contadina and had a OMG moment. Amazing pasta dish everything about it the pasta the sauce wow.
My meal was the pollo pepperoncino big plate here the chicken was amazing the sauce was amazing but the sausage was another OMG moment freshly made never frozen wow wow wow. S had the veal grappino the veal was amazing very very tender. Only complaint we had a out of it server never asked us about wine or dessert he just seem put off.

1  Thank Flaco316

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Great food and friendly service. Terrific fish, steak and past. The staff is very willing to make suggestions and listen to what the clients preferences/allergies are. Love the Branzino and the Chilean Sea Bass. Great wine list.
We go there as often as we can!

1  Thank specsb
Reviewed 13 April 2014

What I do like about Cafe Lucci is the whole package; atmosphere, food and service. The place is like an old school Italian restaurant that serves a slightly upscale selection of Italian dishes. We were four of us the opinions ranged from great to very good. The great was the mussels in white wine that my wife had. There were many of them and all large and plump. Our friend’s complaint was the red sauce on his dish, but he is from New York and it may just be a matter of what he is used to on the east coast. We all like our sauce a bit differently as it also depends on what you grew up with. I had the veal saltimbocca; which is not a menu item. I’ve had it here before and it was good but this time I was disappointed as it was served with a white cream sauce which is not how you serve this dish; or at least how I have gotten used to having the dish.

Service was great and our server added to the dining experience.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Unparalleled food, service, presentation and selection. My wife and I have been dining here regularly for almost 20 years. We celebrated many a family event at Cafe Lucci. It's only appropriate since Bobby and the staff make everybody feel like family. Our kids are now grown and they continue to be frequent Cafe Lucci patrons. I've brought business colleagues here, including many world travelers, and recommended the sea bass. All agree is it's the best anywhere.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

This is our go to place for wonderful Italian food for a special dinner. We've never had anything but excellent service and amazing food.