“Perfectly fine stay”

Courtyard Chicago Glenview/Northbrook
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Glenview
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Just spent 6 nights here. Layout familiar from other Courtyard stays. Room was fine, hallways clean. Workout room a bit weak but good enough. Jacuzzi was out of commission, unfortunately. Conveniently located near intersection of main roads (Milwaukee and Lake). Check-in staff friendly. Ate breakfast in our room (has a mini-frig) except for the last day when we went to a good breakfast spot kitty-corner (Elly's Pancake House). If you have business or pleasure in the area, I would heartily recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the interior are probably quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Natasha J, Manager at Courtyard Chicago Glenview/Northbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with our hotel. Everything we do is aimed towards providing the best guest experience, and we were happy to learn we met your expectations. Should your travels bring you back to the area, we hope you will choose to stay with us again.

Regards,

Reviewed 31 May 2014

I have been staying here prior to their renovation to current. I have other options but you can not beat the hospitality. I must admit during the actual renovations it was "rough" but knowing I would get a warm hello from Lynn at the front desk and awesome service from Tina, this is always my choice. The rooms have been updated and you are guaranteed to be treated as a person not just a number.

If money is an issue I am sure there are cheaper options but feeling at home when you are away does not have a price.

Room Tip: I prefer rooms facing the courtyard but honestly have been pleased in every room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Natasha J, Manager at Courtyard Chicago Glenview/Northbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to rate and review your recent experience with our newly renovated hotel. We are always happy to learn when our efforts have met a guests expectations, and especially when a positive experience results in a repeat guest. We have received many positive comments regarding our service, and especially the two employees you mentioned in your review. Thank you again, and we hope to be your host again soon.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Basic layout is like all Courtyards, good for business traveler. Hotel is under renovation, and it's probably difficult to give a great customer experience in the midst of that. Lobby is nice, and the updated rooms are well appointed. Demerits for a room HVAC system that didn't seem to be working at all and road noise from I-294.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Natasha J, Manager at Courtyard Chicago Glenview/Northbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear Steve M,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We appreciate the compliments of our hotel. You are correct the hotel was under renovation, but now we are brand new! We are sorry to hear that about the HVAC, but glad to inform you our HVAC systems are being updated as well. We hope you have safe travels, and please let us know if we may assist you with your future travels.

With Best Regards,

Natasha

Reviewed 29 May 2014

This older hotel and rooms were great and remodeled beautifully and very clean.The front desk staff were friendly and professional.
I stayed 3 nights and it was quiet, comfortable and very pleasant.
The manager, Natasha Jindani is a lovely person with a great personality. She did her job well and the staff appeared to appreciate her and vice versa, which is not all that common. She even printed out my boarding pass for me. Another nice touch is that I was offered the bereavement rate when I mentioned I was in for a funeral.

I would return there if I needed to be in the chilly Chicago area vs Florida!

Room Tip: Request a room away from the main roads - the traffic could be noisy at times.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Hello FunDante,

Thank you so much for taking time to share your experience with us. Words cannot express how thankful my team and I are for your lovely compliments. Hope you landed safely. Again, it was wonderful having you at our hotel. I truly appreciate out conversation. WE would love to see you again, Please let me know if I may assist you with future travels to our Courtyard Chicago Glenview/Northbrook.

With Warm Regards,

Natasha

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Nice Hotel, lobby area was clean and open. Not large but comfortable for business. Nice coffee/snack beverage bar. Staff was very freindly and helpful in helping us find a nice place to eat. Both places were very good. Next door North??gate was a small sprots bar and J. Alexanders was a great mid scale lunch meeting place. very good food(try the roast beef dip sandwich. One elevator did not work in the East wing and the employees made it sound as if that is somewhat a common occurence, don't think thats true though.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Natasha J, Manager at Courtyard Chicago Glenview/Northbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience with our hotel. We take pride in the service and product we offer and were very excited to learn we met your expectations. I hope we have an opportunity to be your host again in the future.

Regards,

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We were a little disappointed that they were mid-way through renovations, but they have a new lobby with a nice cafe and are renovating the hotel. Service was sketchy but clean and comfortable. The pool area is nice, but they closed the second day we were there. Nice outdoor courtyard area and close the everything in that area.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience with our hotel. Unfortunately we did not fully meet your expectations, as at the time of your visit we were putting the finishing touches on our complete property renovation project. I am however pleased to inform you we have since completed all the work necessary to provide our guests with the most up to date hotel in the Glenview/Northshore market. With that said, I invite you to stay with us again to allow us the opportunity of providing you with the positive hotel experience many have come to expect from our property. We look forward to being your host again in the future.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 24 May 2014

My family and I stayed here for two nights and had an excellent experience. The staff - from management to front desk to maids - could not have been friendlier or more accommodating. The manager even went out to buy my kids a pack of cards and Uno to play during our stay! Nicely renovated although walls (and bed linens) are rather thin. Ask for inside courtyard room to avoid street noise. Great location. Starbucks kiosk in lobby also a plus.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Natasha J, Manager at Courtyard Chicago Glenview/Northbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with the Courtyard by Marriott Chicago Glenview. As you have mentioned, our renovation project has been completed and we are now offering the newest most exciting hotel experience in the Glenview/Northshore area. As a team, we are excited to be offering a beautifully renovated hotel along with the same outstanding service many have come to know while staying with us. We were happy to learn we met your expectations and look forward to your return visit to our hotel.

Best regards,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Glenview
Best Western Plus Glenview-Chicagoland Inn & Suites
Delta Hotels by Marriott Chicago North Shore Suites
Staybridge Suites Glenview
Baymont Inn & Suites Glenview
Crowne Plaza Hotel Chicago - Northbrook
Hilton Northbrook
Hilton Northbrook
#1 of 4 in Northbrook

Been to Courtyard Chicago Glenview/Northbrook? Share your experiences!