“great hotel with great staff”

Best Western Plus Glenview-Chicagoland Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Glenview
Kimberly, Wisconsin
“great hotel with great staff”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Emily and Patricia .... what can I say very professional people as a manager of a Best western I know when I see great hard working employees who take pride in what they do and these girls just prove they deserve to be where they are top notch both are very helpful from reservation to check inn to check out everything went as planned thanks to Emily and Patricia went out of her way to print me a train schedule ... will defo stay here next time in chi town ... hats off to the gm as well for hiring wonderful staff

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We recently stayed at BW for three nights. We were assigned a room that faced the highway. It was very noisy especially early in the morning. I asked the front desk if we could change to a new room for this very reason and she immediately got us set up to stay in a better located room. This was awesome and made the rest of our stay great. The rooms were nice and clean, the internet was perfect, and breakfast was very good. Our vacation was centered around spending time in downtown Chicago so we wanted to find a place outside the city that was easily accessible to downtown. Glenview was perfect. We walked to the Glenview train station ( 3 miles, 1 hour walk) and the train took us directly to Union Station in about 40 minutes. We wanted to save a few dollars by walking to the train station and take a taxi back from it. I wouldn't advise it but we did it. Taxi ride is about $12.

This hotel would be beyond perfect if they invested in a shuttle service to and from the train station and even around Glenview.

Overall our stay was excellent. I would highly recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms facing the highway if you're a light sleeper.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed 15 July 2014

My partner and I made one of our rare business trips to the Chicago area, decided to stay in the area where most of our business would be conducted, and take the train into the city for our leisure excursions. Based on the TripAdvisor reports for the Glenview area, we chose the Best Western Plus. I have used the Best Western franchise all over the country and overall have been more than satisfied with the hotels. As a whole, the stay in Glenview was good to very good but there were some issues that deserve mention and regarding which the hotel will hopefully take notice.

What I look for in a hotel – Is it safe? Is it reasonably clean? Can I get a good night’s sleep? Is the air conditioning and/or heat effective? How is the water pressure? Does the internet work well? I don’t expect a budget hotel to perform up to the standard of a 4-star facility, but I expect them to fulfil their own commitments.

This hotel is adjacent to the interstate but not at an exit, so it’s necessary to exit at the Willow Road and make your way back to the hotel – but that is not difficult. The area seemed quite safe as did the hotel and I was not concerned for my person, property or vehicle during the stay. Oddly, there were several rental trucks in the back parking lot throughout the stay, some coming and going and one being loaded and unloaded. It was unusual to say the least and did impact the available parking space. One thing of note: we used one of the first floor end doors (down the hall from the elevator) to access the back parking lot where we parked. It is secured so that a room key is supposed to be necessary to enter but the door does not completely latch when it swings shut leaving that back door unsecured.

I believe this hotel was renovated from another chain based on reports, but it’s hard to believe that it is not a completely new facility. The lobby, hallways and rooms are in excellent condition, clean, freshly painted. It was very clean and kept very clean during our stay.

Upon arrival, our reservation was in order and a special request was honored. Check in was faster and easier than any that I’ve experienced anywhere. No “we need to copy your ID” or any such thing. They took my name and handed me our keys. Check out was just as quick and easy.

Even though the hotel is immediately adjacent to the expressway, our room was on the opposite side of the hotel and I never heard any expressway noise. In the morning, sitting in the lobby and able to see the traffic on the adjacent interstate, I heard no traffic noise.

Upon arrival in our room, we discovered our first and the most significant issue. The room was average in size but it was over-appointed – too many things crammed into it. At no place in the room would it be possible for two people to pass by each other. What is in it? There is the bed, there is a chair and settee next to it and the two side tables. Across from the bed, there is a large desk and chair (I had to position the desk chair so that I would not trip over it passing by during the night), a dresser on which the television was placed and inside of which (on one side) was the refrigerator. Next to that was a wardrobe – more about that later. For the two of us traveling with separate suitcases, carry-ons and hangups for a several days of meetings, there simply was not anywhere to put everything. There was no suitcase rack but there would have been no room for one. We ended up piling our luggage on the desk, chair, setter and dresser.

And that brings us to the wardrobe. It was the storage place for the iron and ironing board (on the left). The right side was full of shelves. The place for hanging up belongings was about a foot wide, no more than 15 inches. For two people, it was simply impossible to get everything in so small an area, so we ended up keeping most of our belongings in the car and only bringing in what we needed for the day. My partner pointed out that for a woman with long skirts or a long evening dress, there would be NO place in the room that would accommodate it. This was certainly the one thing that produced the most inconvenience during our stay. It is worth noting that if a single traveler were to come with enough clothing for a week of meetings, it wouldn’t fit in that space either.

The air conditioner worked well and we were able to get the room cool enough for our liking. It tended to cut on and off frequently which can disturb sleep but there is a switch for “full-time fan” that solved that problem. It was possible to close the curtains to limit the intrusion of light aiding sleep after dawn. There were available electric outlets in the side table lamps and wall outlets behind to allow cellphones and computer to be plugged in next to the bed. There was a small coffeemaker, a refrigerator, iron and ironing board.

Pointer: the iron tended to spit water at “normal” heat settings. My partner discovered that by turning up the heat higher than we would normally, it then steamed more or less normally.

Pointer: internet access was quick and easy but requires a user ID and password that you must obtain from the front desk.

The bathroom was cramped just like the rest of the room, set the front corner with a door that opens at an angle. You have to be standing in the right place in the bathroom to get the door open. There is some counter space, not a lot. The shower water pressure was adequate – barely - and we had to continually manipulate the temperature control to keep It warm. Water pressure seemed to vary at different times. It took time, especially washing hair, to get rinsed off.

The bed was comfortable and I slept very well during the several days we were there. The television has an adequate number of the usual channels.

In the lobby there is a well-appointed dining room and in the mornings, the continental breakfast is quite acceptable. We felt no need to leave to get breakfast. There is coffee available on a 24-hour basis. In the same block as the hotel are restaurants and fast food establishments of various kinds.

There is an exercise room that we made use of, and a pool that seemed to be open though we did not use it.

All in all, this was a good stay and I would stay at this facility again. The main issue is the cramped nature of the room, the very limited space to hang up clothing, and the deficient water pressure. However, this hotel is certainly otherwise quite good and an excellent value.

Room Tip: Our room was on the opposite side from the interstate and we heard no traffic noise.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Cincinnati, United States
Reviewed 14 July 2014

This top of the line Best Western provides very comfortable beds, an excellent complimentary full breakfast, and free parking. The person at the desk provided good detailed directions to the Grove a top nearby site and the Bahai Temple in nearby Wilmette. She also gave good directions to Pinstripes in Northbrook, a good place for a Sunday brunch.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

Glen Allen
Reviewed 4 July 2014

This is a brand new hotel, and it shows. The rooms are sparkling, and hallways smell of new carpeting. The furniture that no one ever sits on in the lobby is brand new. We searched travel sites for hotels in this area, and stumbled across this place. We got a competitive rate, and got a large two room suite. They were able to price match a travel site. Super deal.
Being a remodeled hotel (from another namebrand), the walls and doors are not sound proof. Nothing terrible, but I have no idea why hotels don't build to be sound proof to begin with.
The bathroom was super small, but who spends that much time in there. Being a newly remodeled bathtub, the caulking was still clean, but I can see that this won't last long unless they take pains to meticulously clean it after every guest.
Breakfast is still a work in progress for this hotel. Our first morning (out of 3), they had no milk. Lots of visitors, no one could eat cereal. How could this be? They need to invest in a large milk machine that lasts longer than their store bought gallons. The milk was in a thermos in a mini college type fridge. Didn't make much sense.
They did have eggs and sausage. And waffles too. As a suggestion to the hotel (if they read this), switch to cardboard type plates. The waffles melt the styrofoam ones.
No pool, the outdoor pool is being renovated this summer...
On the upside, they have Keurig Coffee machines in the room. Coffee to go, great touch.

Room Tip: Pool being renovated this summer. If that's a game changer, keep looking.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Our family needed to stay in Glenview for several nights, and to be honest I went on line to find just an affordable hotel, nothing special. What I didn't Expect was to find an amazingly nice hotel at such a Great price point! We had never stayed at a Best Western as I thought they were nothing special, but I can tell you this one is Special. Great CLEAN rooms, wonderful staff and a free breakfast! Couldn't have asked for more! We will stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank 532nancyh
Christ K, General Manager at Best Western Plus Glenview-Chicagoland Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Hi there! Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor. We are elated to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

It's customers like you that provide us a great image by taking the time to review our hotel. We are so glad that we exceeded your expectations, and hope we can continue to exceed future guest expectations. We sincerely hope you will come and visit us again! Once again, thank you for reviewing and frequenting our hotel.

Yours Truly,
Christ P. Kappos
GM
BEST WESTERN PLUS Glenview-Chicagoland Inn & Suites
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

This is a very nice hotel. Staff are friendly and accommodating. The rooms are great. Bed is foam and very comfortable. They have a couch for relaxing and 37 in flat screens. Room was clean and inviting.
Bathroom was spotless and towels were luxurious. Toiletries should be updated.
Only low point was breakfast. This was a bare minimal offering and hot items were just awful. I threw out the eggs and ate cold cereal. No fruit either.
If they fixed the breakfast and had newspapers I would give them a top rating.
I will stay here again but will get breakfast somewhere else.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank rszAtlanta_Ga
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glenview
Courtyard Chicago Glenview/Northbrook
Baymont Inn & Suites Glenview
Staybridge Suites Glenview
Delta Hotels by Marriott Chicago North Shore Suites
Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago North Shore/Skokie
Crowne Plaza Hotel Chicago - Northbrook

Been to Best Western Plus Glenview-Chicagoland Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!