“Great Girl's Day Out”

Ranked #1 of 35 Restaurants in Godfrey
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 31 March 2014

This is a wonderful little tea room that makes a great destination for your girl's day out. That doesn't mean that it is off limits to men. There are often several men in attendance. They have a varied menu consisting of quiches, sandwiches and soups. They also have a daily special or two. Their desserts are to die for and certainly large enough to share. Also on the premises is some great shopping. May nice gifts and lots of selection. At Christmas time the shops are filled with lots of Christmas goodies.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

Josephine's, is a wonderful place to treat out of town guests. The food is very delicious, and the desserts are almost sinful. There is a nice variety of selections on the menu as well. Shopping there, is a treat, many nice gifts and selections. You will love to shop there for yourself, as well as gifts!!!!

Reviewed 4 March 2014

This is a quaint tea room that is highly overrated by my standards, but everyone loves this place. And, people come from far away just to eat there. Now, I'm not a big fan of sweets, so that is why I probably am not the best person to rate this one. Their food is average and overpriced. You most always have to have a reservation or you'll be waiting quite some time. But never fear, they have all kinds of merchandise to draw you in and open your pocketbook!

Now that said, I have never seen more beautiful desserts in my life! They are very large sized portions and most likely will feed two or three with just one portion.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

I only have this a couple of times of year because I want it to remain a special treat. The rolls are great, the desserts are devine, the sandwiches are terrific, and the quiche is a treat. But the Bisque brings me back time and time again. This is a great place to meet friends and enjoy a few hours together.

Reviewed 15 December 2013

Went to Josephine's with friends to do some last minute Christmas shopping and to have a nice lunch together. The two gift shops on the premises were nice and gave us lots of decorating ideas, but the real treat was the excellent lunch we has. The weather was horrible that day, with ice and snow, and there were many luncheon cancellations so we were able to get seated an hour earlier than scheduled. The waitress was excellent and we never felt rushed. The menu was filled with so many good sounding items it was hard to make a decision. We all ended up ordering the Ham Special which is ham and cheddar served hot on an onion rolls with mayo and some great mustard. I ordered 1/2 sandwich and a cup of cheddar broccoli soup which was fantastic. For dessert I order the carrot cake which was moist and delicious. We will be making this luncheon a yearly Christmas tradition, but we will be going back before that to try some other wonderful menu items.