“A Lovely Warm Welcome”

La Petite Famille
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“A Lovely Warm Welcome”
Reviewed 24 January 2014

If you need to break your journey between the north and south of France, or if you happen to be exploring this part of France, I cannot think of a better place to stay than with Sue and Bernard at their lovely house in Mehun. We were given such a warm welcome, which coupled with well-furnished rooms, comfy beds and wonderful cooking (all homemade with fresh ingredients) made it the perfect stay. If your idea of the the best accommodation is, after a good night's rest to descend to the smell of freshly baked bread, then you have found the right place, Sue and Bernard are a lovely couple, perfect hosts for whom nothing was too much trouble. (And I whisper it only, but if you feel the need for a day off struggling with your schoolboy/girl french, this is the place to be!).

I have experienced such indifferent accommodation over the years, that it is so nice to find gems such as this.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Andy G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I had booked to stay for one night at La Petite Famille on my way down to the south of France, but decided to extent my stay for a further night because I felt so relaxed and welcome at this wonderful place. It's so peaceful in the extensive gardens where you can really appreciate the surrounding beauty as you have tea and cake!
Sue and Bernard are the ideal hosts, and have thought of everything to make your stay comfortable, and can provide a wealth of information about what to see and visit in the local area. I'm a bit of a photographic enthusiast and I found Mehun's old porcelain factories adjacent to the canals a perfect 'French industrial chic' to photograph.
My bedroom was very clean with a comfortable bed and convenient ensuite bathroom. Also the breakfast was great, and dinner was delicious, with five star cuisine available at a reasonable price.
I will definitely stay there again during my next travels in France, which hopefully will be very soon!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Paul R
Harrow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 September 2013

We stayed here when travelling to and returning from a wedding in Southern France. After a long and somewhat stressful journey, we were warmly welcomed by Susie and Bernard who provided a beautiful evening meal. Breakfast was very generous and included home made jams and a wide variety of breads. Nothing was too much trouble and we very quickly felt at home. On our return we had the same high standard of service. I highly recommend this accommodation.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank KirstenandIan
Brighton
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I stayed here with my family as an overnight stop driving back from southern France. This is a perfect place to stay - wonderfully clean & comfortable with a delightful garden to enjoy. Sue and Bernard are perfect hosts, charming and helpful. Delicious breakfasts too with home-made brioches and jams! Very pretty park and chateau nearby plus a number of places to eat in the quiet town. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank jonbim
Storrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 July 2013

We had a wonderful three night stay. Susie is an excellent cook and Bernard a very helpful host. We stayed in the “suite” which has excellent facilities. The town has very attractive public gardens for lunchtime picnics and is well placed to explore the surrounding vineyards.
Perfect stopping point between Calais and the Mediterranean coast.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Derekandgrace
East Sussex
Reviewed 9 July 2013

My wife and I enjoyed a very comfortable and enjoyable three night stay with Suzie and Bernard. They were the most welcoming of hosts who could not have done more to ensure that we made the most of our insufficient time in the area. The meal Suzie prepared for us on the first evening of our stay was superb. The accommodation was excellent and well located in the town. We look forward to a return visit. Thank you Suzie and Bernard,

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank john413
Bourges, France
Reviewed 4 September 2012

I had the pleasure of having Suzie as my French teacher while I was on a work assignment for my company in Bourges. While there I spent several evenings with her family including her husband, son, and son`s long time girlfriend at Le Petite Famille. I will never forget the warm and unequivocal hospitality this family showed me while I was in France.

Suzie and Bernard work very hard to make sure their guests are well fed and well cared for during their stays. Ask Suzie for her French Onion soup! It was awesome. All of the meals I had there were top notch to be honest. They were also filled with great conversations and stories. One story that stuck with me about a German man who came to their bed and breakfast looking to trace his family roots, and not knowing any language but German. Through the help of GoogleTranslate and some good detective work at the local records house, Bernard was able to help him locate the final resting place of one of his relatives that had died around the time of the first World War.

Truly a very special place and people that I will remember forever.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Samuel A
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mehun-sur-Yevre
Ibis Styles Vierzon
#9 of 19 in Bourges
Ibis Styles Bourges
Ibis Styles Bourges
#3 of 19 in Bourges

Been to La Petite Famille? Share your experiences!