“Incredible Place”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Grafton
Tara Point Inn and Cottages
Ranked #1 of 5 Grafton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 October 2012

Just spent a quick one night stay at Tara Point in a cottage for an anniversary getaway. It was delightful to say the least. The cottage was very nicely decorated, loved the porch overlooking the fantastic view, very spacious bedroom and bathroom (also everything was clean up to my standards, which are quite high). The surroundings are amazingly peaceful - impossible not to relax in this environment.

The reason I did not give this a perfect rating was two-fold: 1) the bed was probably one of the most uncomfortable I've slept in - definitely time for an update on the mattress, and 2) even though this is a nice getaway it would have been nice if the tv had been more modern and viewable in the bedroom. Plus the main movie selection was VCR tapes. Kind of outdated and didn't meet the standards of the rest of the cottage.

However, having said the negatives, you will not regret staying at Tara Point. I thought it was a very good value for what we got. We definitely would return but probably would request a room with a more comfortable bed.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank gltravelerIl

Reviewed 16 September 2012

Tara Point is very peaceful. The view was incredible!!! Here is the good: Big comfy bed, nice bathroom with whirlpool tub, very close to all Grafton's fun. Some of the not-so-good: The breakfast was a bit of a dissappointment, our housecleaner didn't leave a liner for the bathroom, the staff didn't seem overly friendly, there could be some improvement on the decor.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank suzanne1978
Reviewed 2 September 2012

I celebrated my birthday at Tara point with 2 of my girlfriends. We stayed in one of the spaciouse and beautiful cabins with a view that would knock your socks off. We started our day with a tour by Allison in the main house. Allison was delightful. As she showed us around we laughed and got some great information on what to do while we were there. I felt like we were staying at an old friends house with all the comforts and warm hospitality when someone makes you feel at home.
We enjoyed the fresh basket of goodies waiting for us in our cabin and loved how beautifully it was decorated. Beds were comfortable and place was very neat and clean.
We went to Loading Dock for some music and good food and did some great shopping the next day before heading home.
Then only bad thing about the trip was we had to leave Tara point.. We all agreed it is a place we will come back to again and again...
It was a perfect birthday.. Thank you Allison and Mark.

Room Tip: Cabin or main house. You can't go wrong with either.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank happytraveler818
Reviewed 20 August 2012

After many years of hearing about Tara Point, I finally got an opportunity to experience it and wow, it was absolutely fantastic! My girlfriends and I stayed in a private cabin which was clean, fresh and comfortable with a view to knock your socks off! We enjoyed the deck and spent our evening and morning out there chatting and sipping our drinks. The staff was very personable and attentive to our needs. We loved nibbling on the breakfast basket selections left in our room from the Ladue Market and really appreciated the bucket of ice waiting for us in the freezer, as well as the complimentary drinks! I plan to return to Tara Point soon with my hubby to take advantage of this romantic and secluded Bed & Breakfast! Obviously, I highly recommend Tara Point!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank PatH2872
Reviewed 16 August 2012

after many visit to Tara Point, i took my grown children and there family in august to enjoy what they have only heard me talk about. we had 2 cottages and a great view and quality time. Alison gave the family a tour of the house and the history of her parents and Tara Point. we went into the town had great time at many locations, The Loading Dock, had a live Band. Went Shopping. The Best Quality Time and relaxing. Thank you to laura for making it all easy. And to Alison and Sarah you have made your parents proud.
Tilll we meet again.
charlotte

Room Tip: all cottages are accessible and of course staying at the house is a treat.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank CBrewka
Reviewed 25 June 2012

My husband and I have stayed here many times over the past twenty years. Though we have always enjoyed our stays here, it saddens us that the original owner's children have not put the same attention, love, care, money and passion that their parents did in to Tara Point. It appears to just be a money making opportunity to them & nothing more. This place has lost its special touches...the carpet is worn, the deck cushions are threadbare, the bedding so outdated, sheets of poor quality, etcThe breakfast is simply store-bought muffins & bagels (and not even from a store bakery!) The TV's are very old, and the rooms still have VCR's. Though it would take a small investment to bring Tara Point up to date, it would certainly be worth the price, in MANY ways.

• Stayed: May 2012
8  Thank anniescoota
Reviewed 23 April 2012

My husband and I stayed at Tara Point Inn and Cottages for our anniversary. The property is well-maintained and beautifully situated on a bluff above the river. We stayed in a cottage with its own porch. The view of the river and land beyond was very lovely and peaceful. The cottage was enormous. The main room is a living room that also has a basic kitchen (fridge, microwave and sink, complete with dishes) and working fireplace. The bedroom was huge and featured a king bed. The bathroom was also enormous, with a shower and large jacuzzi tub. Each day we were provided with a continental breakfast basket, featuring juice, muffins, bagels and fruit (the cottage had its own coffee maker). The cottage offered a lot of privacy, even when several of the other units were occupied. Tara Point also offers free internet. The property is up a steep hill from the main road through the center of town, which allows easy access to the Grafton sights while still giving you the feeling of being away from any hustle and bustle. If we had one complaint, it would be the television in the living room. It was small and had no cable service. Also, there was a VHS player--no DVD. However, the point of the cottage is clearly to offer a peaceful getaway where you can enjoy the view, so the television should not be considered a dealbreaker. We would definitely stay at Tara Point again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TJBSt_Louis_Missouri
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grafton
Ruebel Hotel
Ruebel Hotel
#2 of 2 in Grafton
Pere Marquette Lodge & Conference Ctr, BW Premier Collection
Best Western Premier Alton-St.Louis Area Hotel
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, St. Charles
Best Western Plus Parkway Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Hotel St Charles

Been to Tara Point Inn and Cottages? Share your experiences!