“travel to hurricane harbor”
Review of Raging Rivers

Raging Rivers
Ranked #3 of 16 things to do in Grafton
More attraction details
Owner description: Along the scenic Great River Road in Grafton, Illinois, Raging Rivers WaterPark is cool when it's hot! From our zoomin' Cascade Body Flumes to our lazy Endless River, there's something for everyone! (Temporarily closed until Summer 2018!)
Reviewed 19 August 2013

ok, I went with three boys, ages 10, 8 and 7. place is fun but dated and after maybe an hour, my boys were bored. great drive there from st Louis area but should have gone to hurricane harbor instead.

2  Thank julie g
in 4 reviews
in 5 reviews
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 13 August 2013

Raging Rivers is normally a favorite for folks in the Grafton and Alton area. It has about 5 big water slide rides. My favorite is the Swirlpool. There are two of them, one is covered and one open. There are also a couple other "big" slides that are more geared towards a strong swimmer, but there are also plenty of slides for kids. If you just want to float down the endless river or go in the Breaker beach wave pool you can do that too. My only real complaint as far as the park is you can't take any beverages away from the designated dining areas. I personally think it'd be great to float down the endless river with a Pina Colada in my hand. They do HAVE them, but you can't take them anywhere but to a table. That's my biggest issue.

There are also a ton of attractions for smaller kids. Itty bitty surf city and another area is specifically for tots and it is really cute. All in all this is a nice place for a couple, friends, or a family.

4  Thank Talbish
Reviewed 8 August 2013

We stumbled upon this gem of a water park. We were not planning on doing any water activities but thought "why not give it a try". The park exceeded our expectations. In fact, we stayed well into my child's nap time to enjoy the day. There was plenty of chairs (in & out of shade), different areas to explore, food for purchase, and family fun. It was not overcrowded, even with the kids being out of school. The only down side is the price to get in to the park seemed a little high at first. However, once you get into the park, you really have no other expense. You get a lot for the money. And they have coupons and deals through the website. You get to use tubes for free to go on the lazy river (although there are some available for rental), to go on the slides, etc. We didn't even get to see the entire park because our son migrated to the "kiddie" pool. Great time had by all!!!

1  Thank Melissa S
Reviewed 7 August 2013

The title is just from a 'Mom's' perspective. I think my girls, age 3 and 10, would say Fun! Fun! Fun! The park was 'just right'-not too big that you felt your kids would get lost, not too small where they would get bored. My 3 yr old enjoyed several parts of the park, including the wave pool (hold their hand) and the Itty Bitty swim area.... My husband and I even sampled the 'toilet bowl' slide. Sort of wish we could have done that a few more times. BUT this day, it was only 70 out...so the water was cold. No crowds! Decent price on food... Clean and well kept. We do plan to go back!
Also, for you boaters out there....you can slip at the local Grafton Marina and Raging Rivers has a shuttle that will take you back and forth. A day slip at the marina is only $8. Fun times!!

2  Thank pashadarby
See more reviews
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Took day off work and drove family over to Raging Rivers on a Tuesday (Bunny Bread) day. Buy one get one free day. Great Value! Family of 5 all for less then $50. Park was super clean well attended but not over crowded which was nice. Not huge water slides here but great overall water park (wave pool, lazy river, some slides and nice kiddy area). Weather was perfect and views of the mighty Mississippi were awesome. Very relaxing day with plenty to do for all ages. I was really quiet impressed with kiddy area. My one year old could safely play in large water area perfect for kids 9 months to 3 yrs. old.

3  Thank SEF3