“VERY Comfortable!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Grayslake
Redmond, Washington
“VERY Comfortable!”
Reviewed 17 September 2012

Very clean, quiet, large comfortable room and uber comfortable bed. The Sales Manager, Michelle, was at the front desk when I checked in - and I have to say that I felt like I was talking to my sister! She just welcomed me in like I was family.

The breakfast was typical carb overload but just a little better than average because there was an attendant on hand who made sure things stayed stocked and clean. Also, I want to say that my maid service was METICULOUS. I love that.

I was in town to work on a project in Libertyville - a short 10--15 min drive from the hotel -well worth driving the extra mile. Also kinda cool that the old mansion next door used to be the summer home of the Sears' family.

I will definitely stay at this hotel every time I am in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank SnappyG
comfortgrayslake, General Manager at Comfort Suites Grayslake, responded to this review, 22 October 2012
Thanks for the great review. We take pride in trying to give each guest an excellent experience, and it's very rewarding to us when we hear such kind words. Hope to see you here again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 30 July 2012

The Comfort Suites is a real gem. Conveniently located in Grayslake, Illinois it is quietly nestled in a grove of trees off Highway 45 on Belvidere Road. The feeling you get from the hotel itself is almost rural. I have stayed there on my visits to the College of Lake County and have always gotten a great night sleep.

What really makes this Hotel stand apart is General Manager, Tim Sokley and Sales Manager, Michelle Dillon. These two manage the facility to be a home away from home. The atmosphere is like a big extended family.

I have been a road warrior for over 40 years and rate my stays at the Comfort Suites in Grayslake to be among my best lodging experiences.

Simply put when staying In Lake County Illinois select the Comfort Suites, Grayslake!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are great
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Pat M
comfortgrayslake, General Manager at Comfort Suites Grayslake, responded to this review, 2 August 2012
Pat, thank you for your kinds words, and for taking the time to write this review. I can tell you, our whole staff is always happy to see you arrive.

I really appreciate that you notice the environment that we are trying to create here. We want our hotel to be that home-away-from-home for travelers in every case. It's nice that you see us that way.

I look forward to seeing you on your next visit, and as always, the treadmill awaits you!
kewaunee
Reviewed 27 July 2012

typical comfort suites- super clean, great staff, its just a bit hard to get into parking lot. one driveway on north side of property that you can not enter if going westbound on hwy 120. after spending the day in downtown chicago this place was a welcome sight. great pool & hot tub.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
comfortgrayslake, General Manager at Comfort Suites Grayslake, responded to this review, 30 July 2012
Thanks for taking the time to review us. We appreciate your kind words about our hotel. And I agree with you completely on the challenges encountered in getting into our driveway - it's not an ideal situation. We are exploring options to improve that, but it's not a quick fix.
Thanks for being a loyal Comfort Suites guest!
Largo, Maryland
Reviewed 12 July 2012

Initially diriving to this hotel seemed to be out of the way but once I hot there, the Front Desk Clerk was friendly. I checked out the room before checking in and found it to be clean (i.e. mattress, bathroom, carpet, etc.). Breakfast was excellent. I asked if I could check out as late as possible since I was a Choice Privilege member. The male Manager said yes, then at 12:30 p.m. he walked into the Business Center and said, "if you don't check out, by 1 p.m. I will charge you for another day." I took a breath, waited a few minutes and then asked him if we could speak. I told him that in all the years i have stated at choicehotels.com, I NEVER had a Manager talk to me that way. I told him I did not appreciate his attitude. Other than that the hotel was GREAT.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
comfortgrayslake, General Manager at Comfort Suites Grayslake, responded to this review, 16 July 2012
Thank you for your kind words about our property. I'm glad you see the results of the dedicated staff we have here. It can be hard to find, but once here, most enjoy their stay.

In regard to our interaction, I apologize again, as I apologized at the time, that you felt that I was mistreating you, as it was most definately not my intent. I was, as we later discussed, unaware of the personal situation that had befallen you and affected your family. I was simply trying to find out if you were planning to extend your stay or depart without incurring additional costs. (As we discussed, a family member was still sleeping in your room well past the 1:00PM extended check out time that you and I had personally agreed upon, which is why I came to speak to you at 1:30PM.) After learning of your situation, we did not, of course, ask you for any additonal payment.

I did not mean to offend you and I again apologize, as it is clear that I did.
Valparaiso
Reviewed 21 May 2012

We stayed one night (5-11-2012) which was our second stay. We found the room to be exceptionaly clean,not so much as a water spot on the chrome bath room fixtures.It was very quiet even though it was a weekend night. The free breakfast was tasty and staff friendly.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank PCMA
comfortgrayslake, General Manager at Comfort Suites Grayslake, responded to this review, 22 May 2012
Thanks for the nice response! Your comments are a tribute to my housekeeping staff which is made up of a hard-working group of people who demonstrate every day that they want our hotel to be the very best. It's very much appreciated by me that you noticed their hard work! I will definately pass it along.
madison, wi
Reviewed 21 April 2012

I normally never write reviews but this may be an exception. I stayed there months ago and I would love to stay there again because it is 2 miles from my husband's family. However, I hestitate. The place tends to cater to large gatherings which I don't mind but when they are being noisy in the middle of the night and I call the front desk, I expect someone to answer. We called for 1/2 hour straight with no answer, while the drunks next us carried on at 2:00 a.m. Finally, my husband dressed himself and went downstairs to find the desk lady in the kitchen area folding towels. Can you believe that she was actually upset at my husband for being upset at her for not answering the phone? I just could not believe it.

One other thing I should mention is that in the pools bathroom, somebody did not make the toilet and left a brown "gift" on the floor. I understand kids get too excited with a pool and hold it past the point of no return. I told the front desk and she came in and pick it up and said it "ready." Where is the bleach? Seriously?!!!!

I guess I am still upset because I called and left a message with management and NO RETURN phone call. Bad management=bad employees. Explains why my husband had to go down to the front desk to quiet are neighbors done. Wish they would get their act together so I could stay there again. It was very convenient for us.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
comfortgrayslake, General Manager at Comfort Suites Grayslake, responded to this review, 4 May 2012
I am very sorry that we have not contacted you. I do not have any unreturned messages, so I can only assume that somehow I overlooked your message, which is both embarrassing and frustrating. I do not ever want to have guest calls go unreturned. I would welcome your call to me at 847-223-5050.
Let me address the issues that you encountered, but I first want to thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay in the first place, My staff works hard to bring guests to our property, and we all work hard to keep them coming back. It seems as though my standards were not met during your stay.
First, I will address the issue with the phone going unanswered. Overnight, as you can imagine, the Front Desk Agent has many tasks to accomplish, since otherwise he or she would stand at the front desk with little to do. One of the tasks is folding towels. When they do so, they are required to keep the cordless telephone handset with them, so that no calls go unanswered. I have reminded our overnight staff of this requirement, and I have replaced the cordless phone with one that does two things better than the old one. First, it has a longer range, so that anywhere on the main floor is within the phone's coverage area. Secondly, the new phone has a message recording function, so that unanswered calls go to a voice mail that can be retrieved when the agent returns to the desk. This should greatly improve this situation, and I appreciate your feedback on it.
In regard to the clean up of the pool bathroom, if my staff did not use the sanitizing cleaner located in the pool closet, then they did not follow our procedures. I have given the staff a reminder of this as well.
Again, I apologize for the issues that you encountered. I am never happy when we miss our target of providing the best service possible, but I always appreciate getting the feedback from our guests, because it tells me where we need to get better. I hope that you can call me as a follow-up. I'd really appreciate the chance to prove to you that we can, and will, do better.
New Hampshire
Reviewed 5 December 2011

Inviting lobby and a helpful staff over my three night stay. Room was large & clean. Bed was very comfortable. Refrig and microwave in the room. Breakfast was average with good waffles and poor coffee. Oatmeal, cereal, bread, bagels, and each morning scrambled eggs and a breakfast meat. The sausages were pretty good. Hot tub (was hot) and pool area was very nice. Fitness center equipment all worked though only one treadmill & one elliptical so I do not know if there is a wait when the hotel is full. The hotel was quiet inside and out while I was there. This appears to be a newer building and at $100 a good value. A bit of a pain to get to going West on Rt 120.

Room Tip: Always stay on the top floor to minimize noise.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank ski&brew
comfortgrayslake, General Manager at Comfort Suites Grayslake, responded to this review, 20 December 2011
Thank you for your review. We encourage our guests to give us feedback so that we can continue to improve. I'm glad you found so many things to like about our property. To me, the best thing you said is that we are a good value. When you look at other comparible hotels in the area, you'll find our rates are almost always a bit better, which really does provide the best value around. (And the product we offer is newer and better than most as well.) In regard to the issues you mentioned, we have improved the coffee just recently, so let us know how we're doing when you are here next. Our exit onto westbound Route 120 is not something we can change, unfortunately, but we try to give good directions. (The secret is to cut through the parking lot of the adjacent restaurant.) Hope you can visit us again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grayslake
Candlewood Suites Chicago Libertyville
Hampton Inn Chicago/Gurnee
Super 8 Gurnee
Super 8 Gurnee
#8 of 11 in Gurnee

Been to Comfort Suites Grayslake? Share your experiences!