Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort, Curacao
US$113
Avila Beach Hotel(Willemstad)
US$330
Cancelon
Scuba Lodge & Suites(Willemstad)
US$119
Travelocity
Boutique Hotel 't Klooster(Willemstad)(Great Value!)
US$156
US$145
2,633 results
All reviewsgelatofish tacossushi barplay golfold quarrywater viewrented a carbeautiful propertyall inclusive packageall inclusive planservice chargetennis courtsstreet signspool barswimming areaexplore the islandminute drive
Reviewed 30 December 2013

We traveled with our almost 2 year old son, spent 7 nights at this hotel and couldn't have been happier. You have to be aware that the hotel is quite a long way from anything else on the island and even a trip to Willemstad is about 40 minutes. So, in case you want to visit the city, other beaches or the national park during your stay, I would recommend renting a car. However, we haven't found a better place to be on the entire island although we did do trips to all of the above. The hotel beach is long, quiet, you will always be able to find shade. We stayed in a ground floor room and the beach was literally by our porch. The sea is secured for swimming. There are two pools for those who prefer a pool. There is a great gym. If you are looking for a relaxing holiday at a beautiful location, this is it.

Room Tip: We found our ground floor room perfect as you just walk out on the porch and are right on the beach.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Daniela664
SBR_Curacao_GM, General Manager at Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort, Curacao, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Dear Daniela664,

Thank you so much for spending 7 nights with us and writing about your experience! You are right, we're outside of the city center which allows our guests to enjoy beautiful, unobstructed views of the Caribbean and the natural landscape.

I am so glad you explored the island! A day trip to the national park is a fun adventure for all ages!

I hope we can welcome you back again very soon!

Reviewed 27 December 2013

We just spent 5 nights here and had a beautiful suite on the second floor.The view was exceptional,especially of the sunset each evening.The restaurants were all very good,not great.The breakfast was totally terrific ,witha complete selection everyday.

Room Tip: Second floor in the east wing was great!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cheesecake92
SBR_Curacao_GM, General Manager at Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort, Curacao, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Dear cheesecake92,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! I hope you enjoyed escaping the New York winter for a few days! The sunset from the beach is absolutely amazing. I am so glad that you enjoyed it as much as I do!

I hope that we can welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 25 December 2013

After years of reading other people´s reviews to help make my own choices, I was inspired to start contributing myself to this wonderful travel tool.

During the past three years I have taken the opportunity whilst living in Colombia to visit as many places as I can throughout the Carribean. I rarely go to the same place twice, due to desire to see new things, but have made an exception for this resort. We have been twice now and are currently planning our third visit.

As a family with children we always seek the same basic things in our Carribean holidays - beautiful sea, nice sand, great pool, nice staff, and in general a kid-friendly environment. The Santa Barbara meets all these requirements. (Mind you, you do not have to have kids to love the place - the beach áreas were never crowded and there are always quiet and peaceful áreas)

Anyway, a quick list of pros and cons:

Cons:

Resort is fairly far from main town. Wasn´t problem for us as we always rent a car and like to explore, but if you have no car this could be an issue. The beach is more of a protected inlet - very clean and beautiful but if you want to swim on an open beach this is not the place - but if you have a car you can drive to one.

Pros:

Beautiful resort. Great sheltered swimming área. Great peaceful áreas to relax on the sand next to the wáter. Good food - love the spicy wings. Medi is a very nice place to have lunch out on their open deck. Rooms are quality. Staff very friendly. Kids loved the acitivities available. Pool área and cabanas were great. (There is a small charge to reserve the cabanas, but this is such a better system than the ridiculous requirements in many resorts to get up at 5am to try to fight for one)

All in all, this will be somewhere we will spend more time at. We have been truly surprised and disappointed by some other resorts, so I think we will keep booking at the Santa Barbara for important times like Christmas.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank judd e l

Dear judd e I,

Thank you so much for spending your holiday vacation with us! Curaçao is only a direct flight away from Bogota! So, I hope that we can welcome you back again very soon!

I am glad that you rented a car and explored the island. I see that you went to Cas Abao Beach! It is a great place! Did your family participate in any of our resort activities? Many of our guests, including children, enjoy feeding the iguanas.

Again, we were delighted to welcome you and your family and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 25 December 2013

This will be the 6th night of our stay in Santa Barbara Resort. If you are looking for a relaxing stay on a nice beach with clear water, you might get it here.
FOOD: EXCELLENT, in both restaurants the quality of food if great, fine dining indeed throoghout the day and to the night. Great Sushi counter in the lobby, offering high quality food
Rooms: far from 5 star resort. The mattresses are of a bad quality and despite we requested to change to new ones, there was no difference. Towels are of poor quality, as well as soups, etc
PERSONNEL: very friendly, but oftentimes small details are omitted, this affects the expectations and consequently the quality of your stay

OVERALL: if you are not seeking a top notch service, this resort might be a good choice for you

Room Tip: request a room by the main lounge and pool
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank jane k

Dear Jane k,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our resort. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and our food. I, too, love Jun's Sushi!

I apologize that our service did not meet your expectations. We strive to provide every guest with the best vacation experience possible. You can private message me via Trip Advisor if you would like to share additional details.

Safe Travels,

Reviewed 22 December 2013

We stayed from the 7th of Dec till the 14th of Dec 2013. Occupation in the hotel was low. We booked a regular room all inclusive. We got a very nice room near the restaurant shore with even partial sea view. We took our lunch each time in Medi: the choice of meals was limited, but the food taste was very good as well as the service. We took our diner five times in Shore and there the choice was more than sufficient and the quality of the food and service was excellent. We had two times our diner at the Medi and besides from the limited menu we have no complaints. During the day you can order drinks and snacks at the pool: the service is very professional and friendly. The last day of our stay, some people were smoking in the pool, which - in my opinion - is not OK.
Housekeeping cleaned our room each day and provide us with sufficient shampoo, soap, fresh towels without having to ask for it. Persoons near the entrance were very paying attention and helpfull (one day we were waiting for our rental car. After 5min waiting an employee of the hotel came to us and contacted the rental service (again without us having to ask for it) and arranged a smooth transfer).
The hotel is indeed located at a certain distance from Willemstad, but in return you get a peaceful location with no noise and besides, you can easily rent a car and explore the island. During our stay, the christmas decoration and lights were also placed and this was nice to see, especially at night.
I only have one minor point from our stay: our checkin, which was a bit messy (we arrived at the same time when an official party was about to start).
I would definitely recommend this hotel to otters.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gert B
SBR_Curacao_GM, General Manager at Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort, Curacao, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Dear GertB,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at the resort. I can't wait to share your comments with our staff. They work very hard to provide guests a relaxing vacation experience! I hope that you enjoyed exploring the island in your rental car!

I hope that we can welcome you back again very soon!