“The perfect wedding destination!!!”

Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort, Curacao
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Nieuwpoort
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Wow! There are no words to explain how perfect this resort is! We recently had our wedding at the resort and we were blown away - gorgeous property, exceptional staff and delicious food/drinks. The property was very clean and the staff was extremely attentive. We felt so taken care of the entire time we were there. I would definitely recommend this resort for a wedding or a vacation.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nell A
SBR_Curacao_GM, General Manager at Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort, Curacao, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear Nell A,

Thank you so much for sharing your very special day with us. I wish you and your new spouse much happiness! I always enjoy seeing weddings on our property. The atmosphere is always so fun and exciting.

I am so glad that we could make your special day so memorable! I hope that we can help you celebrate your anniversaries in the years to come!

Wishing you years of happiness!

There are newer reviews for Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort, Curacao

Reviewed 19 April 2014

My stay at the resort was for 3 nights, intended as a much needed getaway. The resort is beautiful, the rooms are large and nicely furnished, with very comfortable beds, and very clean! Nice ocean views and beautiful landscaping creates a wonderful ambiance. The staff is genuinely friendly with beautiful smiles, and helpful. This is a perfect destination for good rest at night in quiet rooms and enjoying sun and sea, dining, golfing, spa. It would be nice if they had an adult-only sun deck or pool. There are lots of seats around pool and on long beach, so no problem finding a good spot to spend the day. The spa was also pretty and offered great treatments, helping me relax completely. WiFi is not free/ in rooms, but they have free WiFi in lobby/"Great Room". Dining was enjoyable. Next time I need a relaxing break, I am returning to the Santa Barbara.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Dear TisaL,

I am so glad we could welcome a fellow islander for a relaxing getaway! Even though we are just 35 miles apart, Curaçao seems a world away and is a great escape.

Please visit us again soon to relax and rejuvenate.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

I recently stayed at The Santa Barbara with some family members! We had an excellent time! The resort is beautiful, well worth the drive from the airport! The property is beautiful and yes, very quiet! I have stayed at several all inclusives' in the past and this one was the best by far! The food was very good, the drinks were excellent, and the service was very good! What I have taken away with me most of all was the friendliness of the staff. They are amazing, always there to help, or assist, and just so sincere. I know that the hotel has gone through some recent changes, and yes there is always hiccups, especially with major changes! Having said that, it was very clear to me, that the management and staff are really working hard at making the resort the best it can be! Your staff are truly amazing people! It's that special extra step...so personable!! My sister and I were traveling with our Mom, Aunt and Uncle, and I just wanted to say thank you for making it such a memorable holiday....we are all missing The Santa Barbara!!

Room Tip: Our room was on the main floor in between the pool and beach, it was perfect !
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Tuscany25

Dear Tuscany25,

Wow! I can't wait to share your review with my team! There is a Papiamento phrase, Dushi Hende, that is widely used on the island to describe the friendliness of Curaçao and I couldn't agree more!

I am so glad that you and your family enjoyed a relaxing holiday and enjoyed spending time at our resort.

I hope that we see you again very soon!

Reviewed 17 April 2014

For Carribean standards, this is an outstanding hotel that I recommend if you wish a peaceful stay with good cuisine and a beautiful sea.
Hotel very clean and beautiful big rooms, well equipped and beautifully decorated, good beds.
Santa Barbara used to be a Hyatt and it shows in the structure, the hotel has all amenities of a big resort without giving you the feeling you are in a big resort. Gardens are exceptional, beautiful flowers, very nice for a stroll after dinner or lunch. The restaurant Shor serves very good quality food, fresh seafood and not too much americanized. You eat very well in general also at the swimming pool and at breakfast. There is also a very good gelateria. There are two swimming pools, heated and very nice. We were lucky enough to have the hotel almost for us and I have to say it was amazing. If you are looking for a wonderful resort with beautiful beach and sea full of fish, it's the place for you. The excursions organized by the PADI centre in the hotel are wonderful, we did a snorkeling tour on a shipwreck, it was an exceptional snorkel experience that I recommend to all of you.
The whole estate is huge, there is a big golf and also a whole amount of villas non accessible as they are private properties. The hotel is quite isolated in this way, it's not like you can reach a village by walk, you need to take a taxi if you'd like to go somewhere. We combined Curacao with Aruba, which I didn't like much, Curacao has more to offer when speaking of sightseeing, Willemstaad is a lot of fun to go to see.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear bourlingueuse1983,

I am so glad that you enjoyed Curaçao! It sounds like you explored the island a bit - a snorkel trip and Willemstad! The underwater world of Curaçao is spectacular and shouldn't be missed.

The resort sits on a 2000 acre plantation and we try to create a peaceful atmosphere so you can stroll the property any time.

I really appreciate you sharing your experiences with us and I hope that we can welcome you back again very soon!

Reviewed 16 April 2014

We stayed for one week prior to Christmas in 2013 and purchased an all inclusive package. The resort was beautiful - clean, nicely equiped rooms, lovely pools and a private beach. The food was delicious - I believe the week we stayed was the first week that an all inclusive option was offered. There were three restaurants to choose from. Shore was the best - incredible seafood and beautiful views. Medi was also quite good - they offered a daily buffet breakfast as well as lunch and dinner (pastas, grilled meats, sandwiches and the like). There was a snack bar near the pool that offered fast food - which was only OK. Service at the restaurants was slow (very slow) but the staff was very warm and friendly.

My sole complaint (and it was a big one) was about the quality of the mattresses in the hotel. I slightly injured my back during the trip down (nothing a good night's sleep and a Tylenol could normally fix) but after 3 nights sleeping on the world's lumpiest mattress, I could barely move. Hotel management moved us to a different room with a slightly less lumpy mattress. After another sleepless, uncomfortable night I complained again to the concierge who was unwilling to help me until I threatened to spend the night sleeping on the couch in their lobby. Finally they brought a new mattress to our hotel room. I was shocked when they stripped off all the bedding and I got a look at the lumpy mattress - it looked really old and was in really bad condition.

Room Tip: If you have back problems at all, I would ask when you make reservation if you could have a new matt...
Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Rebecca R
SBR_Curacao_GM, General Manager at Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort, Curacao, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear RebeccaR,

Thank you for spending time with us and telling tell us about your stay. I apologize for the bed situation but I am so glad that we were able to resolve it. I hope that you enjoyed a good night of sleep and your back healed up quickly.

I hope that you can come visit us again this coming December. There's so much to do and explore!

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Our recent trip to Curacao was amazing!!! We want to thank the entire Santa Barbara Team for a lifelong memory!!! We have travelled to many destinations in our time together, but by far, this was the best! The wonderfully friendly and helpful team at the resort - from the GM, Mr. Eversdijk, Asstistant, Ilona F, Front Mgr, Germaine I, Chef Vladimir B and we have to mention the beautiful, fun and friendly ladies at Splash (pool restaurant), Annie, Aimee, and Simone!!!! They always ensured we had cold beverages and food while we rested in our lounge chairs by the pool. The weekend BBQ on the beach is a MUST for lunch, the beef, chicken and shrimp on a stick are absolutely out of this world!!! Andre took such great care of us at the beach!!! Kerri at Shore is the BEST!!!! Always a smile and great sugestions for our meals and our beverages!! He is beyond amazing!!!! Paulene at Medi - again, so friendly and helpful, and you must try the chocolate bread pudding and the salmon, both recommended by Paulene and both were fantastic. Breakfast every morning was wonderful!!!
The beach is beautiful, the grounds are impeccable, the rooms are immaculate!!!
Every meal we had was perfection paired with perfect service.
My husband golfed and the views and the course were beautiful. I enjoyed an amazing deep tissue massage at the Spa, and it was as well the best I have ever had!!!!
We rented a car for a day, and drove to Westpunt, visited the Boca Tabla caves and 2 breathtaking beaches and did a bit of snorkelling. As well we stopped in Otrobanda and Punda. It was a fun-filled adventurous day! Everyone is so helpful, just in case you get a bit lost!
Every evening after dinner we would go to the lobby bar and get a cocktail and sit out on the lobby balcony - it is huge - we would sit and relax and watch the ocean and the listen to the live music from Medi. Great way to end each day. Great WiFi in lobby in case you want to touch base with family! We would call the kids each night from our room balcony, again breathtaking view!!!
I am hoping that someday in the future we can return with our children!
I would most definitely recommend staying at Santa Barbara Beach and Golf resort! As soon as you check in - you can mentally "check out" and prepare to have the most relaxing and enjoyable time of your life!!!!
Thank you again for making our stay with you all - such 'an out of this world, most enjoyable week ever!!!"
Hope to see you all again!!!!
Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TinaandCarlos

Dear TinandCarlos,

Wow! What an amazing review. Thank you so much for sharing the names of the team members who made a difference in your stay. I can't wait to recognize them at our next meeting.

My favorite phrase from your review is, "As soon as you check in - you can mentally 'check out"..." To me, there's nothing better than unplugging during vacation. I just escaped for a few days with my family recently and enjoyed the down time too!

I love your pictures. Of course, the sunsets are beautiful. But I have to admit, that is the first time I've seen an iguana on top of a cactus!

Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for visiting the island and staying with us. We can't wait to welcome you both back again very soon!

Until then, safe travels!

Reviewed 16 April 2014

This is a beautiful, well maintained resort with great staff, relaxing white sand beach, picturesque golf course and an amazing restaurant. It's a bit out of the way at the end of the island but worth the drive. 5 stars resort.

Room Tip: Deals on the resort view but get the sea view for a bit more and share your breakfast on the balcony...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Richard57

Dear Richard57,

What a great idea to share you breakfast on the balcony overlooking the crystal blue water! Wow! That's what I call being on vacation. Thank you for your great advice and review. I hope that we can welcome you back again very soon!

Philippe Eversdijk

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nieuwpoort
Lions Dive & Beach Resort Curacao
Scuba Lodge & Suites
Scuba Lodge & Suites
#2 of 32 in Willemstad
Van der Valk Kontiki Beach Resort
Floris Suite Hotel - Spa & Beach Club
Blue Bay Curacao Golf & Beach Resort
Blue Bay Curacao Golf & Beach Re...
#1 of 1 in Dorp Sint Michiel
Renaissance Curacao Resort & Casino

Been to Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort, Curacao? Share your experiences!