“Outstanding Holiday”

Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort, Curacao
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Nieuwpoort
Reviewed 21 May 2014

My husband and I stayed at Santa Barbara Resort from April 27 to May 4 and had the most wonderful experience. We booked a Sunwing all inclusive package and heard and read several negative comments about this airline. We had no issues at all. Flight was great, food and beverages were good, flight attendants were excellent, and the customer service reps were very good.
Sanata Barbara Resort was by far the best all-inclusive resort we vacationed at. From the moment we arrived the service was outstanding from the staff in the lobby, customer service reps at the front desk, the housekeeping staff, as well as all the other resort staff.
We would like to mention the exceptional service we received during every meal. The staff, chefs, bartenders and management went above and beyond to ensure our stay was outstanding. Sander and Tiffany demonstrated a level of professionalism that must be commended. All the staff at The Shore were exceptional and words can not express how thankful we are for making our vacation so memorable. Each meal was 5 star including breakfast, the Splash pool bar, lunch and dinner at Medi, and of course our favourite, The Shore. The staff at this resort made our vacation memorable. Thank you for you kindness you truly are gracious hosts.

Room Tip: Partial ocean view is beautiful.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mikevaplus6
SBR_Curacao_GM, General Manager at Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort, Curacao, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear Mikevaplus6,

Thank you for your kind review and we enjoyed having you stay with us! I am so glad we could help you create a memorable vacation experience. That's what we are here for and strive to do for every guest!

I hope that you will visit us from Canada again very soon!

There are newer reviews for Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort, Curacao

Reviewed 18 May 2014

What an incredible stay!! We stayed 9 nights/ 10 days for our honeymoon and everything was perfect. The property is about 35-40 minutes from the airport/ $70 for a private car. Not a long distance at all to travel to paradise! When we arrived we were served a blue curacao cocktail immediately. It was delicious! We stayed in the Sea Traditions Suite and it was gorgeous! A tub for 2, separate living space area, kitchenette and private pool for the suite occupants. Our room was near the Shore restaurant... a short walk to the main lobby, or you could call the Front Desk and in 2 minutes flat someone in a golf cart was there to pick us up when we were feeling lazy. We had 1 small issue and were helped by the Manager Shalir and were so impressed by his professionalism and attentiveness. We also had the opportunity to meet the Director of Rooms, Vladimir, at a reception, and really enjoyed chatting with him and learning about the island. All of the restaurants were delicious, and you must try the gelato at the pizza bar. The bar pool was great, they had a mojito of the day... my favorite was the Watermelon Mojito. There was a small breakfast bar in the Activity Center where we got a quick breakfast to go before our outings. The property makes a fruit compote/ granola parfait which I would highly recommend- we had 1 almost every day. There is a wonderful woman Jacqueline that mans this and she was so helpful and sweet! The dive shop on property was great, I did 3 dives during my stay. I hadn't been diving in quite some time so was made to do a refresher.... which after chatting with other divers seemed like if you hadn't been in the last 2 years you would have to do. We rented a car right from a Budget on property which was super convenient. The person working for Budget was pretty useless however, and we needed to get a map and directions from the Front Desk. I would definitely recommend renting a car. It took us only an hour to get to the west point of the island and the beaches on the way were worth the travel. My husband played golf... he loved the course. Was well-maintained and challenging. Tip on this, get a tee time after 2:30pm for a discount. We did not do the all-inclusive, but met other travelers that did and raved about it. They said everything was included! Even a cooler of beer for the golf course. Again, amazing stay at an amazing property!!!! Thank you everyone at the Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank GMY27
SBR_Curacao_GM, General Manager at Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort, Curacao, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear GMY27,

First, congratulations on your recent nuptials! I wish both of you many years of happiness!

Plus, I'd like to thank you for spending your honeymoon with us and sharing your experience. It sounds like you were busy - golf, diving, exploring the island!! Wow! I am so glad that you experienced so much of the island - both above and underwater.

Again, congratulations! Remember that the traditional first year anniversary gift is paper - and a paper plane ticket to Curaçao would be the perfect gift!!

Safe Travels,

Reviewed 14 May 2014

We stayed at Santa Barbara Beach Resort from April 20 -27 via Sunwing all inclusive package. From the time we arrived until we left I had nothing but great compliments about the resort, staffs and services provided. All 5***** quality. There so many great staffs to thanks but special call out to Kerry, Ludy, Amiee, Eloi , you guys are fantastics! We had been to a few 4-5* resorts in the Caribbean and this one is by far the best. So Mr Everdiijk please ignore all the negative people said about your resort and keep up with the great works.

Room Tip: Request for a compliment full oceans view room if they are available.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Justindevin

Dear Justindevin,

Thank you so much for recognizing so many members of our team! I love to share Trip Advisor 'shout outs' at our meetings!

I am so glad that you had a great vacation and hope that you'll tell your friends to come see us too!

Hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed 14 May 2014

This place was amazing!! Beautiful resort, wonderful people, unbelievable food!! It was paradise!! What luck finding this resort! We went with friends and they thoroughly loved it too!! We would return in a heartbeat!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Leanne O

Dear Leanne O,

We loved welcoming you and your friends to our little piece of paradise! Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Hey everyone planning a trip to Curacao,

i allready rated this Hotel on tripadvisor when i still was in Curacao. I reconsidered not having mentioned the good aspects so i asked tripadvisor to delete my first review.

Now here we go with my full review, not being much better than the first one..

I start with the bad aspects:

- First when i arrived i was surprised that i had to open the car-door by myself (not that i request such a service, but the 5*-Hotels i usually stay, allways have professional staff helping the guests getting out of the car. The porter also waited for me to open the trunk... I also was wondering there was no valet-parking service and i was adviced to remove the car from the entrance...allright after a 15 hour journey it won't kill me to drive the car 15 meters away and walk another 15 meters back. Only once (in one week) my door was opened by an employee. Maybe someone should tell them, theire job is not to stand around but helping guest upon arrival.

- The first night I noticed the really noisy ventilation located outside, about 20 meters away from my room.

- No minibar in the room (absolutely incredible for a 5*-Hotel). A refrigerator was installed, but you have to fill it on your own.

- I searched for slippers (since i expect slippers in a 5*-Hotel i didn't bring my slippers), didn't find them and asked at the reception for a pair, where i was told i should buy them in the hotels shop.

- 2 of 5 pillows smelled really bad (maybe the next guest will sleep on my used pillows as well)

- On the east ending of the beach (where the Diving-Bureau has their office) is a lot of construction waste (am i really in a 5*Hotel in the Caribbean?)

- Wifi is not for free (okay its not free in other 5*-Hotels as well) but charging 42$ for 3 days is too expensive in my opinion.

- Breakfast does not offer much choice.

- Most staff is friendly, some did not greet when they came across. Some of them seem not to work profesionally (that's a fault of the management)

Really good about this Hotel:

+ Rooms are really big and have a nice bathroom
+ Restaurant Shore has amazing Meals and are not really expensive
+ nice beach
+ nice seaview from lobby and restaurants

In my opinion this is an average 3*- or 4*-Hotel charging high 5*-Prices offering average 4*-Service.

There is no need for you to stay at that Hotal. Also the island itself is nothing special and not worth to visit at all. The locals only want your money, most of them are not really friendly or only friendly if they earned money with you, i've never experienced something like that. Of course, everywhere you go the people want to make money with tourists but all over the world they give you the feeling to be welcome and beeing theire guest...not in Curacao!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Lloydaereoboliviano

Dear Lloydaereooboliviano,

First, I sincerely apologize that you were disappointed with your stay. I am truly disheartened that you did not enjoy the island or our resort.

I did respond to your previous review and sent a Trip Advisor personal message to you with my contact information so I could meet you and understand how I could personally improve your stay while you were here. I am very disappointed that we did not connect.

I apologize for the issues you had with parking your vehicle and will address it with my staff. Additionally, we do have some construction at the far end of the beach that should be wrapped up at the end of this month or the beginning of June. (It doesn't affect the beach however.) I am proud to say that we are growing and will have another restaurant, Boca 19, that our guests can enjoy. It’s an open air restaurant that will have live music and great drink specials.

Please, if you ever return to Curaçao, please contact me. I would love to host you again and will personally see that your room is stocked with slippers, brand new pillows and a stocked refrigerator. I really wished we could have connected when you were here because it is important to me that every guest have a positive vacation experience while staying at our resort.

Safe Travels,

Reviewed 13 May 2014

This resort was amazing. It was is a perfect place for a nice, quiet and relaxing vacation. The view as you enter this resort is stunning. The size of the resort is perfect. Staff was terrific! The spa seemed like it could use some renovating, however the treatment was great. Would definitely recommend this resort. I met a local tour guide on my travels and had her take me on a day trip around the island. She was AMAZING! She picked me up in her own vehicle and provided an exceptional tour - she was so knowledable, very personable and answered all questions I had. Her rate was more than reasonable as well. If you are visiting Curacao and looking for a private tour around the island, please contact me and I can provide you with Lorraine's contact information....you'll be glad you did :)

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Ashley R
SBR_Curacao_GM, General Manager at Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort, Curacao, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear AshleyR,

I am so glad to hear that you had a terrific vacation. Thank you for visiting us and taking the time to share your insights with other Trip Advisor readers. I definitely recommend that all visitors to Curaçao explore the island!

I hope that we can welcome you back again very soon!

Reviewed 7 May 2014

I was stayed at Santa Barbara in April 2014 . Very friendly people, very good services. The resort is located at 45 minutes from the airport. The people who work there are interested in making your stay the best.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
SBR_Curacao_GM, General Manager at Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort, Curacao, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear flavio73,

We have many Dushi Hende, friendly people, on our team and all over Curaçao! Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience!

Hope to see you again soon!
Philippe Eversdijk

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nieuwpoort
Lions Dive & Beach Resort Curacao
Scuba Lodge & Suites
Scuba Lodge & Suites
#2 of 32 in Willemstad
Van der Valk Kontiki Beach Resort
Floris Suite Hotel - Spa & Beach Club
Blue Bay Curacao Golf & Beach Resort
Blue Bay Curacao Golf & Beach Re...
#1 of 1 in Dorp Sint Michiel
Renaissance Curacao Resort & Casino

Been to Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort, Curacao? Share your experiences!