“Good Stop for I-70 Travlers”
Review of Backyard BBQ

Backyard BBQ
Ranked #1 of 9 Restaurants in Greenup
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: New BBQ restaurant. Just off Interstate 70 in Greenup, IL. Homestyle BBQ, very friendly staff. Reasonable prices. Clean.
Topeka, KS
“Good Stop for I-70 Travlers”
Reviewed 15 June 2013 via mobile

We skipped the franchise row in Effingingham and proceeded east on I-70 another 20 minutes to Greenup, IL for some BBQ at the Backyard BBQ there. We were pleased to find a very clean restaurant with a friendly staff.

We had pulled pork sandwiches with sides of beans on one and macaroni salad on the other. The sandwiches were good but they came with the BBQ Sauce mixed in with the meat, I am used to doing my own sauce. Beans were good but nothing special, Macaroni salad was also good. We will probably stop there again because it was a quick off and on the Interstate and the restaurant is right at the eastbound ramps. Will explore the menu a little more the next time.

There is a kids menu and ice cream if needed. I will include pictures of their menu with all the choices.

Visited June 2013

Fulton, MO
“All I can say is AWESOME!! Will drive 3 hours for MORE!!!!!!”
Reviewed 15 June 2013

Loved this little BBQ place off of I-70 in southern Illinois. HAD THE BEST DAMN RIBS I’VE HAD IN FOREVER! Our server/cook lady was nice and was nice enough to put up with our noise and rowdiness. Their bbq sauce was very good and everything tasted great. The ribs were the best. The beef brisket second best followed by the wings with the sweet sauce. We found this place on our way home to Missouri and it was a great end to a GREAT ROAD TRIP!!!

• Visited June 2013
“Great food for the money, Amazing ribs”
Reviewed 11 April 2013

This road side diner was very surprising to me. It looks like it would be very expensive but you can have dinner for as little as $2 the ribs are fair priced but I would highly recommend them

• Visited April 2013
Greenup, Illinois
“good eats”
Reviewed 26 August 2012

local owned, great flavor BBQ. family restaurant , also have beer available if you choose to have a cold one.

Visited August 2012
charleston,illinois
“Tasty but pricey”
Reviewed 2 August 2012

It;'s food is tasty, but you don't get enough for the price. I'll take my grandson who likes the ribs when we head that way.

Visited November 2011