“The good, the bad, the dirty”

KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“The good, the bad, the dirty”
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

The good: Our four year old had a blast! My husband and I felt she was safe and we were able to relax. The lifeguards are diligent. It was very comforting. They are also super friendly. We had a ton of fun and a lot of laughs. My mother-in-law has some mobility issues and the entire place was easily accessible. They worked hard to find us a room close to the elevators. The staff was all so friendly and accommodating. The room layout was perfect. Two bedroom suite with two full size bathrooms. One of the bathrooms had a shower. MIL didn't worry about having to step over a tub. Which is fabulous for her. The common area was comfortable, cute colors and plenty of space. The arcade was cute! Lots of games suitable for our daughter and older kids. The craft area was great. Free coloring and Disney movies playing. She loved it. A nice space to take a breather. The little shops are cute. We found everything to be reasonably priced. We were pleasantly surprised by this. Our experience has been that as a captive audience you can get gouged. Not the case here! Huge plus in my book.
The Bad: The food. In a word. Yuck!we didn't expect gourmet, just edible. I was a little disappointed when I ordered a salad and a wrap came. I told the server and her response was... No you didn't order a salad and walked away. I was shocked. This being said the breakfast had a ton of fruit and yogurt. If we come back we will bring our own breakfast and lunch and go elsewhere for dinner. It was very disappointing the menus look ok. The actual food... Not so much. There are some decent cocktails and beer
The Dirty: our room was pretty dirty when we got there. Ok it was downright gross. Coffee spilled all down the cabinets onto the floor and on the walls. The carpet was very stained and the bathroom had not been cleaned well. We called the desk and a nice girl came to clean the areas I pointed out. The manager looked and agreed it was pretty gross. They were both very apologetic. I think I would have appreciated some sort of accommodation, none was offered. The microwave was really smelly. There was a carpet nail poking through that I cut my foot on. Overall, I think the rooms are maybe just getting worn and tattered. It is not so bad I wouldn't stay there again (provided my room was clean). The cleaning crews maybe need some coaching and hopefully in the next couple years they will update some of the carpeting wear and stains.
The ladies locker room was gross. TP all over the floors, pretty stinky and pretty worn. There was only one bench we could sit on. The rest of the public restrooms were in good shape. The bathroom by the arcade has a little kids toilet and low sink. My daughter appreciated that. The floor by the pizza place was so dirty and sticky my flip flop stuck and I stepped out of it. I had to really pull to get my shoe free. There was food and spills on that floor the entire time we were there.

Hopefully, management will see this review and step up the food and cleaning :-)
I would have given this review at least four dots for the activities but the food and cleanliness really needs to be addressed.

4 Thank Alie J
Danielle W, Manager at KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear Alie J,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on our resort. We are pleased to hear that your Lil’ Limer had a blast in our indoor waterpark, Lost Paradise. It seems like you felt very comfortable allowing her to play in the different attractions. Our lifeguards take the responsibility of protecting the safety of our guests very seriously. We are happy to hear that your mother-in-law found it relatively easy to maneuver around the resort. Your overnight room appears to have been a perfect fit for your family. It seems like everyone enjoyed our other outlets as well including our retail shops, arcade and arts and crafts activity center. We sincerely apologize for your experience in one of our restaurants. Please feel free to ask for a manager if you are ever dissatisfied with quality of your meal or the level of service you’ve received. We strive to solve any issues that may arise right away. We are sorry to hear about the condition of your overnight room upon arrival. Thank you for allowing our management team the ability to rectify your concerns by sending a housekeeper to the room immediately. We have forwarded your concerns, regarding the cleanliness of your overnight room and the public areas, to our Director of Housekeeping. Thank you again for sharing your comments with us. We can only hope that you and your family would consider staying with us again.

Your friends at KeyLime Cove

South Bend, Indiana
“It was ok but expensive.”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Pretty nice hotel. Thank gosh that I got a discount on my room. The water park was ok but it was nothing to brag about. I had just got over a broken foot so I was having a hard time getting around. Everyplace we had to go was so far away so be prepared to walk especially if your room is on the third or fourth floor. Also I am a smoker and it was an obstacle and journey to get to the so called designated smoking spots. I'm not in a rush to go back except for their long islands.

Visited April 2014
Danielle W, Manager at KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Dear Monica J,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are sorry to hear that we did not exceed your initial expectations of our resort. We appreciate that you found our resort to be relatively nice. It seems like you found your room rate to be very reasonable. We are sorry to hear that you had limited mobility during your stay. There are several elevators located within the guestroom wings. We hope you took advantage of one of our wheelchairs, if you didn’t already have one, during your stay to make moving around a little easier. We do have several designated smoking areas outside of the resort, as we are a non-smoking facility. Thank you again for sharing your comments. We can only hope that you and your family would consider staying with us again in the future.

Have a splash-tastic day!
Your friends at KeyLime Cove
Milwaukee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Worst Hotel Stay Ever.”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

i chose this hotel based on my last experience cause it was a great time. This time not so much. As we entered the room i noticed a lot of things wrong first the drapes had stains all over the top of them also the carpet didn't look at all like it was vacuumed at all. Crumbs all over in different areas. I picked up the shampoo and there was over two inches of a black hair wrapped around it. I went to go bring this to the attention to the front desk the guest service representative stated that "Oh I'm so sorry just give us a call when you get back to the room and i will send a housekeeper to fix the problems that you have. Also for the rate i was paying there could at least be a microwave in the room not sharing one down the hall that looked like no one had cleaned it out for weeks. The water park also was very ridiculous as far as water temperature. The area when you first walk in the water is warm. When you go to the opposite side the water is very cold. The three nights i was there was extremely expensive and the room was not worth it at all. The only thing i was happy about is that my little girl enjoyed it otherwise this place is a joke and has certainly went down hill since there was new management. If you want to enjoy your pick somewhere else.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank rsa2011
Danielle W, Manager at KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Dear rsa2011,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on our resort. We are very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Our number one goal is to exceed the expectations of all of our guests and it seems that we failed to do so with your family. We understand that you had some concerns with the cleanliness of your overnight room. We strongly encourage our guests to present any concerns they might have immediately to a crewmember so that we can remedy them right away. As for a microwave in the room, all of our overnight rooms have a mini fridge located within the room but only our suites have a microwave in them. For our standard rooms, we have microwaves located by the vending machines on every floor. We sincerely apologize if you felt that the temperature within our waterpark was rather cold. We use an advanced temperature system to maintain the water at 84-degrees and the air at 87-degrees. There are temperature gages on display within the waterpark, as well, for guests that show the current air and water temperatures. We would appreciate the opportunity to look further into your concerns. If you wouldn’t mind, please send your contact information to dwarren@keylimecove.com. Thank you again for sharing your comments.

Niles, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Pretty disappointed.”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I am the type of person who never complains and I know how to have fun no matter where I'm at. We stayed at this Resort for two nights for our twin girls' 8th birthday. I don't understand how they can say it's always 84 degrees in there! That is NOT true! In the mornings it wasn't bad, but the later it got in the evening, the colder it got in there. I was literally shivering as I asked a lifeguard, "Is it always this cold in here??" He said everyone asks him that!! And his response was, "It's warm in the mornings but gets colder at night." Yeah that was obvious. Really really wish I had been warned about that. We stood in the crowded wave pool nearly shoulder to shoulder with everyone bumping into each other waiting for at least 15 minutes at a time for people to float by and hopefully give up their tube so you could grab one before someone else jumps in front of you and beats you to it so you have to wait another 15 minutes! The lines for the slides were horribly long. The one evening we didn't even bother with the slides because it wasn't worth standing in line for 30 minutes shivering. When we got back someone asked our kids how their trip was, and their response, "boring"....Yeah. Because we spent hundreds upon hundreds of dollars to shiver and stand around praying to get a tube. We had more fun a couple years ago at our local "hole in the wall" indoor water park Surfari Joe's!!! Surfari Joe's has only two slides, and is much smaller, but it was not OVER crowded, you never had to stand around and hope you could get ahold of a tube, and it is ALWAYS a good temperature in there! Come on Keylime, if even your lifeguard will tell me "It's warm in the mornings but gets colder in the evenings" this needs to be fixed. And did I mention how every time we wanted a towel we had to wait in a long line directly in front of a constantly opening door which brought in a rush of cold air so we got to shiver while waiting in a long line for a towel. I asked the employee standing in front of the door if there was somewhere we could find a towel rather than waiting in front of a cold door, his response, "No sorry, unfortunately not." Won't be back. Just writing this review has me worked up over how mad I am that I wasted so much money on this place.

Visited February 2014
3 Thank Faithhopelove4839
Danielle W, Manager at KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear Faithhopelove4839,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on our indoor waterpark, Lost Paradise. We are very sorry to hear that you and your family did not enjoy your stay with us. It is our number one goal to exceed the expectations of all of our guests and it seems that we failed to do so with your family. The temperature and air in our waterpark are monitored by an advanced heating system. The air is actually set to maintain about 87-degrees and the water is set to 84-degrees. We have temperature gages on display for guests within the waterpark that show the current date, time, air and water temperatures. As for the occupancy level, we do tend to be much busier on the weekends than during the week as most people have off work and school. However, we never reach maximum occupancy within our waterpark as we do not sell day passes. Our occupancy during the week is typically much lower if you were ever interested in visiting during a slower time period. Thank you again for sharing your comments with us. We can only hope that you would consider staying with us again in the future.

Willowbrook, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“place exclusively for children”
Reviewed 20 January 2014

if someone would had mentioned that this is going to be another "Chuck E. Cheese's with a little splash of water" experience, it would have save me lots of money and disappointment. This place is FOR KIDS ONLY. There is absolutely nothing for adults! Resort??!! Really???!!! No swimming, no saunas, no tanning, no gym, no fun stuff- nothing absolutely nothing to do, but watch your kids splash in 1-3 feet deep chloride pools!!! The only reason this place exists is because there is no competition around and all those desperately trying get a break from winter are lurked in by this grand advertisement- "The Ultimate Tropics Inspired Vacation". Those are only words, not supported by any action. 1) its cold in here. 2) limited dining options. 3) no activities. 4) overpriced everything. 5) overcrowded.
Save your money- take your kids to aqua park for free (can be find in most park districts) and go home afterwards- you`ll have more fun.

Visited January 2014
5 Thank Georgia311
Danielle W, Manager at KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Dear Georgia311,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We sincerely apologize that you and your family did not enjoy your stay with us. We’d like to believe that there is a little something for everyone within our resort and we are sorry to hear that you did not feel the same way. Our indoor waterpark, Lost Paradise, has 5 large waterslides, an interactive water play structure, basketball pool, lazy river, wave pool, Lil’ Limers section and an adult’s only hot tub. The air and water temperatures are monitored by an advanced system to maintain 84 degrees all year round. Besides our waterpark, we have several other outlets including a large arcade, 7 food outlets, an arts and crafts activity center, spa, children’s spa and 3 retail shops. Thank you again for sharing your comments with us. We can only hope that you would consider staying with us again in the future.