“keylime cove” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Country Club hills
“keylime cove”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2011

I think my stay was wounderful an it was my first time going an we had a blast..

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (384)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2011

Found 2 bedbugs in-between the top sheet and bottom sheet, I am totally disgusted now, will write Attorney General when I get home in hopes to get a refund, I am concerned about them being in our clothing and getting in our house! We have an 8 year old son all we need is to have him go to school with bugs! Entire 2 day trip overpriced, understaffed, egg mcmuffin was good, that's about all I can say was good at Keylime Cove! Save your money or you just might buy some bugs too!

• Stayed October 2011
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank misterjocko
slumi, Manager at KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort, responded to this review, 27 October 2011
Dear misterjocko,

Please know that the entire staff at KeyLime Cove takes the issue of bed bugs very seriously as it has become a concern throughout all hotels. Bed bugs arrive on the clothing or in the suitcases of guests from infested homes or other hotels. KeyLime Cove’s goal is always to be as proactive as possible. Our staff has been professionally trained in bed bug detection. We provide canine inspections of our resort rooms throughout the year. KeyLime Cove has procedures in place to investigate a complaint of bed bugs, and react swiftly and immediately if any are found. Our elimination process is held to a high professional standard. We can say with confidence that incidents have been few and isolated.

Please contact slumi@keylimecove.com to review the details of your stay.

Kindest regards,

Your friends at KeyLime Cove
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2011

This was a fun and beautiful resort for a weekend trip. We stayed in a beautiful suite with two beds and two baths with friends and it was fantastic. We will definitely return and recommend this place!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2011

My family had a great time. The rooms are very clean and the staff is really friendly. The staff at Leapin Lizzards is wonderful. There were so many arts and crafts to choose from. My niece loved the huge arcade too! The waterpark was perfect, not too big or too small. A little pricey but worth every smile on my niece's face!

• Stayed July 2011
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2011

Keylime cove is one the best places I have been to. The staff was very friendly and courteous.

Grayslake, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2011

Check in staff was friendly and helpful. We had to wear a wrist band and my daughter broke mine right away; they replaced it no problem.

We have 4 kids ages 4 through 10. We all stayed in one room comfortably. The little kids took the pull out bed. The room was very clean. The pillows were pretty good. We all had a good night sleep.

We went on a Wednesday so the water park was not crowded. The water park is big enough for all of my kids to enjoy themselves but small enough that we can easily find each other. The older 2 kids would go do a couple water slides and then check back in with us. If my husband and I split up, it was always easy to find each other. There was plenty of places for my husband and I to sit and relax while we watched the kids play.

My kids love their candy/ice cream shop.

We have been their several times and always have a great time.

We ate breakfast at the Crazy Toucan and it was delicious!

We have been to Kalahari before up in the Dells and love it there too. But Key Lime Cove is closer and smaller. At Kalahari, sometimes we spend so much time walking from one slide/pool to another and looking for each other, we get tired and frustrated.

1 Thank Robyn W
Chicago suburbs
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2011

We purchased a $99 Groupon deal this past summer for KeyLime Cove. The money spent was well worth it. The room we received was pretty large and was much larger than the average hotel room. It looked brand new with two large queen beds (they might have been kings) and a small couch. The room also had a refrigerator and a small safe. Free WiFi was also available.

The hotel wasn't busy during our stay, so the water park was pretty much wide open. It was very clean. If there's one thing that stood out in my mind, it was the conscientiousness of their lifeguards. They were CONSTANTLY scanning the water, top and underneath, even if there was no one in their section. I was very impressed, and felt extremely comfortable letting my kids wander freely in the park. For a group of teenagers where you would expect a little "immaturity" from time to time doing their jobs, it was nonexistent here. They were very, very, very professional. I hope if hotel management is reading this that they keep up the good work.

The waterpark was great. The hotel facilities outside the waterpark were very nice as well. There were various stores, food vendors, and such. They were clean and well managed. The prices were a bit high, but not outrageous. It was about what one would expect for hotel food in a theme park type setting.

Overall, it was a very nice stay. The staff was very nice, and they even let me park my electric car at an electric socket by the entrance to the hotel so I could charge overnight! That was a pleasant little bonus :)

I would recommend the park to others, and will likely be back myself.

1 Thank ualdriver