“Key Lime Cove” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Arlington Heights, Illinois
“Key Lime Cove”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

We had a family reunion at Key Lime Cove this past weekend. There were 36 adults and 13 children ranging in age from several months to 14 years old. The water slides and pools provided plenty of entertainment for the kids (though it was very crowded) and the game arcade on the lower level was great for their evening fun...The rooms are very nice... roomy ,and well maintained! The food was excellent with various options within the resort for different kinds of food etc. The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Danielle W, Manager at KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
Dear Leemjl,

Thank you for sharing your FUN-tastic comments. We are so honored that you chose our resort for your family reunion. It seems like your entire family of various ages enjoyed splishin’ and splashin’ around in our indoor waterpark, Lost Paradise. We are pleased to hear that you found our overnight rooms to be very clean and well maintained. It appears that everyone liked the many different food options available within the resort. It can be very convenient to dine with us onsite rather than drive somewhere off property, especially with so many of you! Thank you again for sharing your wonderful feedback. We hope to see you and your family again soon!

Have a splash-tastic day!
Your friends at KeyLime Cove

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (382)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

We took our grandchildren to Key Lime Cove as a birthday present. We were absolutely shocked and pleased with every aspect of the resort. We expected much less because it is a water park, not a fine resort. We were very impressed with the facilities, the cleanliness, the value and the friendliness and competence of the staff.

Dear alice032142,

Thank you for sharing your splash-tastic comments on our resort! One of our goals is to exceed the expectations of our guests and it seems that we successfully did so with your family. We are pleased to hear that you found our resort to be very clean and well maintained. It seems like you felt the price of your stay was very reasonable. Our entire staff strives to make each and every guest feel welcomed from the moment they arrive to the second they leave. Thank you again for sharing your stay with us. Hope to have you with us in paradise again soon!

Have a FUN-tastic day!
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

We got to the hotel and the whole place is shut down. No restraints are open. No waterpark open EVERYTHING CLOSED! Was not made aware of this at the time reserving 2 rooms. They put us in the smallest rooms. Air is broken. Just awful. We will never return.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Danielle W, Manager at KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort, responded to this review, 20 September 2013
Dear Kryshark86,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on our resort. We sincerely apologize if you were unaware of our shutdown period when you made your reservation. Every year, in order to provide the best accommodations to our guests, we shut down our resort for five days for annual maintenance and deep cleaning. Normally, we are closed to the public during this time but because you were staying under a group reservation you were allowed to book your stay. It was the responsibility of your group coordinator, who set up the room block with us, to inform you and the rest the group that the outlets and waterpark would be closed. As for your room type, you were booked under our standard room which has two queen sized beds and a pull out sofa. We understand that you requested to upgrade to our one-bedroom suite but, unfortunately, we didn’t have one available for the entire duration of your stay. You chose at that time that you didn’t wish to pay the additional fee for the upgrade for the first 2 nights of your 3 night stay and instead stay in our Queen Deluxe Stateroom. We can only hope that, once the waterpark and outlets reopened, you were able to enjoy everything that KeyLime Cove has to offer. Thank you again for sharing your comments.

Kindest regards,
CHICAGO
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

I'll be honest with you, when my husband suggested going to this hotel because they had a waterpark for our 18 month old son to play in I cant say I was jumping for joy, needless to say over a holiday weekend. I'm not one who cares to jump in the pool and have fun with the rest of them, I prefer to stay dry and watch while I soak up the rays. But this wasnt going to be one of those days. As we pulled up to the hotel I saw a flood of people walking around, checking in, finding parking and immediately thought to myself oh lord, its going to be crazy busy weekend because everyone and there mother child and so on was there. I could only prepare myself for the chaos.

When we checked into our room it was clean which is all we could ask for and comfortable enough. We had a lovely view of the expressway ;) We immediately went downstairs for some food because we we starving. We headed to their bar/restaurant. Not to busy at all, fast enough service and food was pipping hot and also good! Only thing annoying was a GIANT horsefly that wouldnt leave us alone and I was losing my appetite because there gross and dirty but my husband has ninja powers and killed it :D

The water park was busy yes, but even being busy it wasnt overly crowded. I had to get in the water for the sake of family time but could see the fun in enjoying this water park. As busy as it was there it was never to long to wait to get yourself a tube to go down the lazy river (you had to wait for them to become available when someone was done). Enjoyed that. Also, after the second day of going into the water and totally getting hit unexpectedly by the dumping pale of pineapple at the top I had no choice but to be wet and enjoy myself so I did! I did all the slides and felt like a kid again. Dummy me. Should have enjoyed myself from the beginning, I would have had more fun with the family.

This hotel obviously will never be no Key West, but all in all for a family hotel this place is good enough for everyone. Even me, little miss picky. Its nice, they have a candy bar which after looking around this place its like I noticed everything is sugar related so really a paridise for the kids for sure! A little spa for the kids, spa for the parents, arcade, wild animals you can take pics with and so on.

We had breakfast downstairs at the buffet. It was $15pp I think. The buffet was clean and fresh. Fresh made waffles with the best damn vanilla creme sauce I ever had. Need to find out how to make that! A fresh omelette station with a guy who rocks his job and knows just what he's doing! Only thing is, after my omelette I was full so I dont think it was worth the $15 but none the less we are away from home. This isnt the cheapest of locations so it comes with the territory.

To cap it off, my husband and I totally forgot our sons beloved stuffed animal and blanket in the room and when we realized days later we called the hotel and still had it. I think it would have been extra nice if they called us after noticing the items there but I was actually grateful that they would mail the items back to me. The cost of gas and my time wouldnt have been worth to pick them up so I was grateful. All in all, great place and yes I will go back.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear orca106,

Wow, what a splash-tastic review! Thank you for sharing your feedback on our resort! We are thrilled to hear that our accommodations and staff exceeded your expectations of our resort. It appears that you were pleased with the size and cleanliness of your overnight room. We appreciate that you and your family enjoyed dining in our restaurants during your stay. As for our waterpark, it seems like our pineapple dump bucket finally convinced you to let go and enjoy yourself in the water. We are happy to hear that our lost and found department was able to locate and send you your Lil’ Limer’s favorite stuffed animal and blanket. Thank you again for sharing your comments. Looking forward to your next stay with us in paradise!

Channahon, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

Our kids love going here and we as parents do too! It's a great place for families with younger kids as you don't have much (if at all) of any teennage drama there which is nice to get a break from and just relax and have a good time. Always clean, fun and lots to do! So relaxing and rooms are very nice!

Dear Autumnamos,

Thank you for sharing your splash-tastic comments on our resort! We are so thrilled to hear that you and your entire family enjoy visiting our resort so much. It seems like you find all the public areas, waterpark and overnight rooms to be very clean. We pleased to hear that you feel so comfortable and relaxed when you stay with us. Hope to see you and your family with us in paradise again soon!

Naperville, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

I was pleasantly surprised. The rate was reasonable, and our room was large, and very clean. The room had a mini fridge, which is a plus if you are staying with small kids. We bought our Six Flags tickets as part of a package from the hotel, which is a much better deal than getting them separate. The shuttle to the park is very convenient, and no additional charge.
We only stayed one night. But after check out, you can still use the water park, which was clean and well taken care of. Our 3 year old played in the waterpark well into the afternoon, and still didn't want to leave. We'll likely be back regularly.

Dear dkr1971,

Thank you for sharing your FUN-tastic comments on our resort! We are so pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us at KeyLime Cove. It seems like you found the price of your stay to be very reasonable and your overnight room to be very spacious and clean. We are happy to hear that you took advantage of our free shuttle service that takes guests to and from Gurnee Mills Mall and Six Flags Great America. It appears that your little one enjoyed splishin’ and splashin’ around in our waterpark, Lost Paradise. Thank you again for sharing your feedback. We are looking forward to your next stay with us in paradise!

Have a splash-tastic day!
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

Our family of four visited along with my sister's family of four and our parents. We had three rooms. We called a few times before booking and the service was hit or miss, but when we finally booked over the phone it was great. My parents wanted a king room but they were all booked so they were upgraded to a king spa room for free. My sister and I both had deluxe queen rooms with 2 queen beds and a pull out sofa. The room was big and clean. Honestly we just used it to sleep.

We popped in the waterpark in our street clothes when we arrived, which staff hesitated to let us do. We couldn't get in the water right away since we were going to a ceremony at Great Lakes Naval Base (10 minutes away). Everything in the waterpark was clean and well-run. And HOT since we were in pants, but we appreciated it later.

When we got in later I was worried it would be packed since it was Saturday night, but I was pleasantly surprised. Don't get me wrong, there were a lot of people, but we never fought to find a raft or waited more than 5 minutes for a slide. My 4-year-old had plenty to do in the kids area, jungle gym, wave pool and slides. She could even go on two of the big intertube slides with an adult. Lufejackets are provided. I feared she would feel left out, but i was so impressed at how much she could do. My 7-year-old could do all but the big vortex "toilet bowl" slide (48" limit). My nephews, ages 8 and 13, could ride everything. I was amazed that there was truly something for every age.

At first I hesitated to let the kids go out on their own because the place is so big! But I soon found that I could spot them most of the time from my deck chair. There's a huge clock on the wall and we could set up check in times too. I tried all the tube slides, which were amazing, and two of the slides in the jungle gym. I also enjoyed riding the BIG waves on the wave pool and countless rounds on the lazy river.

The low point of the trip was our dinner experience at The Crazy Toucan. The food was good, typically priced, and our server was good with our large party. But the food took forever. Forever. We waited over 45 minutes for our food, which was wraps, mac and cheese, and quesadillas. And the restaurant was not packed. The kids were grumpy because they wanted to get back to the water and I was ready to pull my hair out. The server kept saying "not much longer" and I wanted to march back there and make my own wrap. We ate our other meals outside the resort.

We liked that the adult wristbands acted as room key, locker key and easy access to charge things to your room. No need to worry about bringing your wallet or room key when you went out in the resort.

We avoided the arcade, kids' salon and other "for fee" activities. However, I will say the arcade was huge and some of the little shops looked cute. Just not in our budget since we were paying over $200 for a one night stay.

By the time we left the kids were talking about "when we come back next time..." And we probably will return, especially since our parking pass has a 20% off coupon on it!

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Sarah V,

Thank you for sharing your splash-tastic comments on our resort! We are honored that you chose KeyLime Cove for your first indoor waterpark experience. We are pleased to hear that your entire family was very happy with their room types. It seems like everyone was able to find an attraction in the waterpark that they enjoyed. We sincerely apologize if your food took a long time to be prepared when you were dining in our restaurant, The Crazy Toucan. Please feel free to bring the length of time you waited to the attention of a manager so that they may address the issue immediately. It appears that you took full advantage of our wristband technology that not only acts as your room key and gains you access to the waterpark but can be used to make purchases around the resort. Thank you again for sharing your feedback. Looking forward to your next stay with us in paradise!