“Fun place to bring the kids.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort

KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Gurnee
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Fun place to bring the kids.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

My wife found a coupon deal for this place so she decided we were going to take the 10yr gandbaby there for here birthday with her friend. It was an overnight adventure and fun times were had by all. It's not a huge indoor water park but the accommodations and other attractions make up for it. You would think that the in house cafes and restaurants would be expensive because you are captive audience, but they are not and have good food and generous with the potions. The craft area for the kids was fantastic and not your run of the mill painted ashtray place I was tempted to participate. Would I go again.... Yes!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Danielle W, Manager at KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Jim T,

Thank you for sharing your splash-tastic comments! We are honored that you chose our resort to celebrate your granddaughter’s birthday. It seems like everyone had fun staying with us in paradise. We appreciate that you found our restaurants to be reasonably priced and have generous portions. Our arts and crafts activity center, Leapin’ Lizards, appears to have been a big hit! Thank you again for sharing your feedback. Can’t wait to have you within our walls of paradise again soon!

See you in the fun-shine!
Your friends at KeyLime Cove

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (382)
Madison, Wisconsin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

This property could be perfect. They have all the bells and whistles. Except they advertise that each room has Wifi which is NOT the case. In this day and age it is not acceptable to not have internet in the room. Especially when you advertise as such. Many many people rely on the web for their job skills. I pick hotels based on that fact. I am hoping the Hampton Inn next door has room.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank denise b
Danielle W, Manager at KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear denise b,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us. We are pleased to hear that you were overall impressed with our resort and amenities. We are very sorry to hear that you had trouble connecting to our complimentary guest wifi. It could have been a number of factors including the firewall on your computer. Please feel free to ask the front desk for assistance if you are ever having trouble connecting. They can help provide a few tips that could solve the issue. Thank you again for sharing your feedback. We can only hope that you and your family chose to stay with us again in the future.

Chicago
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

First-I was told no smoking in room and I was ok with that until I entered my room, The Smell Of Smoke Was so Strong in My Room, Smelled Like Someone Was in The Room Smoking Rite Before I Opened The Door
Second-I called n made my reservation n ased if I cld bring a float device for my son n was told yes, so ok I paid $160 for the day entered thepool area n was stopped by the lifegaurd n was told I was not allowed to bring any float device All...
Managment Did Nothing To Make me As A "Guest" Happy At All!!!!!
Will Never Step Foot At This Place Again..Nor Will My Coworkers That Told Me About This Place!!

• Stayed July 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank carter197
Dear carter197,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your daycation with us at KeyLime Cove. We do charge a $300 fee for smoking within our overnight rooms or on the patios/balconies. If your room ever smells like smoke, please feel free to request a room move so that we can have someone from our housekeeping team clean the room right away. When you made your reservation through our call center, the agent explained to you that any floatation device brought into the waterpark has to be coastguard approved. We even pulled the recorded phone call from our reservations department and verified that you were informed of this policy when you booked your stay. To protect the safety of our guests, our lifeguards strictly enforce this rule. We can only hope that you understand the reasoning behind this policy. Thank you again for sharing your comments on our resort.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

Stayed a Tuesday and Wednesday, had no wait checking in, did the six flags package, came with my 16 yr old daughter and her friend, they really liked it, said reminded them of Florida. Rooms where nice and slept really good. Read some of the bad reviews before coming here and not too sure they where talking about same hotel because it was really nice and will be coming back.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank JGL1969
Danielle W, Manager at KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear JGL1969,

Thank you for sharing your fun-tastic comments on your recent stay with us! We are pleased to hear that your check-in process was quick and easy. It seems like your daughter and her friend really enjoyed the tropical décor. Everyone seems to have had a very peaceful nights rest. We hope you took advantage of our shuttle service that escorts guests to and from Six Flags Great America and Gurnee Mills Mall. Thank you again for sharing your feedback. Can’t wait to have you back within our walls of paradise again soon!

Have a splash-tastic day!
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

This place is due for some updates. Room needs new information book the one in my room was falling apart. In the Bathroom a piece of metal was hanging off the wall. I like to open a window to allow a breeze to come in but the windows in the room did not open. I wish the room had a Blu ray player.

At check-in I was greeted by a lovely agent and she offered to check us in early for a fee. We agreed because we wanted to drop off our items. I did notice a room with balconies , I wish the agent would of offered a upgrade I would of loved a balcony. Other than that check in was great.

I will look into a winter escape to Keylime Cove but I will bring a Blu ray player next time.

Room Tip: Bring own shampoo and conditioner the smell of chlorine will stay with you for days
Green Features: they had fun activities for the family. the drivers to six flags are very friendly and helpful.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank AldayFamily
Dear AldayFamily,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your stay with us. We are pleased to hear that you found our front desk agent to be very friendly. We are sorry to hear that your overnight room fell below your initial expectations. The information books are replaced on a continuous basis, depending on wear and tear and as information is updated. Please feel free to contact our front desk staff to have a new book sent to your room if you feel that the one you have needs to be replaced. If there is ever a maintenance issue in your room, please inform a crewmember immediately so that we may correct the issue right away. We strive to addresses any concerns/issues that may arise as soon as possible. If you are ever interested in upgrading your room, feel free to ask the front desk upon arrival about pricing and availability. Thank you again for sharing your comments with us. We hope to have you and your family with us in paradise again soon!

Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

We were here only for a short night. The hotel we booked for a night in Chicago oversold so they walked us all the way here. The hotel was great. Everyone was very pleasant and the rooms were clean and beautiful. We didn't stay long enough to enjoy the waterpark but the lobby was really fun themed and it all looked really enjoyable.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Danielle W, Manager at KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear tandrep,

Thank you for sharing your fun-tube-ulous comments! We are pleased to hear that you found our resort to be great and beautiful. It seems like you felt our crewmembers were very nice. We appreciate that you were happy with your overnight room. Thank you again for sharing your feedback with us. Hopefully you can visit us again in the future so that you can try out our indoor waterpark, Lost Paradise!

Have a splash-tastic day!
Green Bay, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

1. Went to this resort, and I have to say I think that the staff are lacking some serious training. Upon arriving, the front desk person couldn't answer my questions about switching over credit cards for payment.

2. Rooms were not cleaned, dirty hand prints on walls in bathroom.

3. Was woken by housekeeping, after sitting up in bed and telling her we didn't need anything, she went out then came back in and stood there asking me to sign the street. The room was still dark, and others were sleeping. I got out of bed to go sign it, and when I got to her she asked if I had a pen, I said no, she told me I can go get one from the desk.... Then I went back to bed once she left...

4. Went downstairs at 10.25pm to get food order to go and the restaurant closed at 11pm. The staff obviously wanted to go home. They rolled their eyes when we were looking at the menu, and they said the kitchen wanted to close so we had to put the order in right away or they might not take it. Then another couple came in while we were there and sat down to eat, the waitresses were talking about how they better leave a tip or they were going to be mad... Then two employees started arguing, and another was doing a "boobie dance"... We waited a long time for a to go burger, and it was not even put together inside the box. Burger was raw, and the bun was extremely greasy.

5. Order a cappuccino from the Cafe selling Starbucks products. I asked for chocolate powder on top. The guy went to pour chocolate syrup into my drink and I said no, and asked again for chocolate powder on top. He told me they didn't have it and really he didn't know what a cappuccino or latte were....! I went back to this place and there were 3people working, and it took about 5mins for a member of staff to approach me to service me.

6. Went downstairs to ask to speak with manager because of overall disappointment with employees and services. Employee asked what it was about, and wanted to know why I wanted to speak with a manager. She went back and I could hear her talking to other employees and she was worried why I wanted the manager. She came back out afew minutes later to tell me the manager wasn't here and he would be back soon and took my name and room and the manager would contact me. Didn't hear from the manager.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
5 Thank Judy T
Dear Judy T,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on our resort. We are very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us at KeyLime Cove. We understand that the delay at check-in was due to your request to use a prepaid credit card. When using a prepaid credit card, we have to charge an additional $150 security deposit that would be refunded after check-out if there were no damages to the room. To avoid paying an additional $150 deposit, you chose to use a different card to pay for your stay, which we refunded after check-out. We then charged the cost of your stay to your prepaid card as you initially requested. We do apologize if our housekeeping staff disturbed you at all in your overnight room. Every room that does not have the “Do Not Disturb” sign displayed is required to provide a signature if they refuse service to their room. As for the service you received in our restaurant, we are completely taken aback by your experience, as we’ve never heard comments such as yours before. We have shared your concerns with our Food and Beverage Managers to review. We apologize if there was any confusion on which coffee drink you wanted to order. After some discussion with our supervisor, Rafael, at Island Temptations regarding which Starbuck’s beverage you were interested in purchasing from our outlet, you chose mocha because you didn’t want foam and both lattes and cappuccinos have foam. We strive to exceed all expectations of our guests and it seems that we failed to do so with your group. We can only hope that you would consider staying with us again in the future so that we may improve upon for initial impression of our resort. Thank you again for sharing your concerns with us.