“Dining passes are a waste of time and money ”

Six Flags Great America
Ranked #3 of 16 things to do in Gurnee
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: This amusement park, located halfway between Chicago and Milwaukee, has over 100 rides and attractions.
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

I have a season pass with dining plan added. All three times I've visited this year, all food lines have been long and slow. They put one person at a cash register when 50 people are in line. Skip the dining plan and run out to your car to eat. It'll be faster and cheaper.

1  Thank camgrigsby
Write a ReviewReviews (2,484)
All reviews
in 33 reviews
"big rides"
in 31 reviews

Reviewed 25 June 2018

Bring the whole entire family for a day at Six Flags! I went here for Father's Day this year and just like, we had a blast. The Six Flags features rides such as the Batman themed coasters, kid rides, and even flying coasters! My favorite ride there was the Raging Bull!! And open during the regular Summer season is their Hurricane Harbor Water Park. Go and check out their Lazy River and their Bahama Mama rides!! Want I really want to do next time is to go on the Raging Bull the entire time and go on their new ride called the Mardi Gras Hangover. Just go and you'll love it, as long as you go on the Raging Bull!!

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

The rides are a lot of fun and depending on the day the lines can be ok or long. It's very expensive now. Our friends took us on bring a friend day. If you have to pay for parking, it is $27 for the day. It makes sense to buy a food pass package along with the refillable drink because you'll spend close to that amount with a family of 4 in one day. The games are $5 to play which is why we didn't see anyone playing any of them. What happened to the good old days of $1/player or even $2/player. I have heard that Hurricane Harbor is fun, but we didn't get a chance to visit that part of the park.

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

I had tons of fun. Other than the workers that could hardly understand my food orders, it was pretty great. However, I used to love the whizzer, so I went on it with a friend. But my experience was so horrible! I went to put my purse in the cubbies when someone took my whizzer cart. I tried to explain the ride operator what happened, but he made me climb over the people that stole my spot! How horrible does that sound!! I wish I would’ve never ridden that ride, it was terrifying! Other than this horrible experience, I had tons of fun, and the food was actually quite good. I recommend Six flags and I will be going back soon.