“Great pizza. Slow service.”
Review of Giordano's

Giordano's
Ranked #6 of 143 Restaurants in Gurnee
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Italian, Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Description: World's most famous stuffed pizza. We're stuffing America a pie at a time. Giordano's Pizza was chosen Best Pizza in America by NBC. Chicago Tribune writes Giordano's pizza is a must when in Chicago
Waterloo, Illinois, United States
“Great pizza. Slow service.”
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

We don't get this type of pizza where we luve so I was excited to try Giordanos. Yum! Pizza was fabulous. Only downside was staff was not very friendly and service was slow.

Zion, Illinois
“Great pizza!”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We visited on a weeknight and there were 6 of us. The restaurant was a little chilly but we were able to move to a warmer section. Our server was attentive and the food was wonderful. We had cheese sticks. bruschetta and stuffed cheese and sausage. Very filling!

• Visited May 2014
Gurnee, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A broken dough machine !”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Friday night date night for my wife and I brought us to Giordanos. There was a bit of a wait to be seated and we agreed to sit at the bar. (I was thirsty anyway) after 25 minutes I stopped a waitress and asked for a beer and a menu. I was told that the dough machine was broken so there might not be any pizza. My wife and I left in shock that they couldn't make pizza dough the old way. We were both really disappointed.

Visited April 2014
Elgin, SC
“For pizza, it's best to go North”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I had left Chicago 25 years ago, so I was very much looking forward to my trip to visit my daughter recently. I had planned to eat pizza until it was coming out of my ears, the only thing I forgot is that the cost of living is much higher there than what I'm used to. I had delivered to our hotel a small stuffed chicago classic and a large stuffed cheese extra cheese pizza. I loved it! We are pizza eaters, but we still had leftovers. The delivery was a bit slow, but the man on the phone had told me it would be a while due to the fact that they were really busy. The pizzas were not crammed full of pizza sauce, there was actually a LOT of cheese on them. I was even actually able to bring some home to SC for leftovers. They do offer to ship pizzas nationwide for you to heat up, but the website is not clear on the sizes.

• Visited April 2014
“Smallest Girodanos ever! More of a take out than full restaurant. And they are Slow slow slow!!!”
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Smallest Girodanos I've ever been to! Was shocked when I walked into expect a pizzeria and found a take out counter and a few small tables. Love Girodanos deep dish so have given this location many, way to many chances all with utter disappointment. Service is slower than molasses! Servers are not trained properly and are never dressed In appropriate pants, or shoes. Black PINK yoga pants and clogs going in and out of a kitchen?!? Terrible slow service from both weight staff and kitchen! Again love Girodanos pizza, however this location cannot manage to make a proper deep dish. Soggy crust. Over done crust. Cheese still unmelted in center/refusing and arguing that pizza is done even though cheese is unmelted. Just over and over saddened by this location. Have sadly told many family and friends not to waste their tome and money at this location.

• Visited November 2013