“Great pizza ”

Ranked #8 of 142 Restaurants in Gurnee
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: World's most famous stuffed pizza. We're stuffing America a pie at a time. Giordano's Pizza was chosen Best Pizza in America by NBC. Chicago Tribune writes Giordano's pizza is a must when in Chicago
“Great pizza ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Great atmosphere quick service and awesome pizza chicagos best definite return and can't go wrong food was delicious

Indianapolis, Indiana
“Great Pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

I love visiting Giordano's when in Chicago and was very excited to see a Gurnee location. The pizza was great and the service was good. Since the pizza takes 40 minutes to cook, we walked down the strip mall and browse DSW while we waited. We were there on a weeknight and there was no wait.

Los Angeles, California
“Deep Dish on the road”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

I chose Giordano because I like Chicago style deep dish and I happened to drive by it on my way to my hotel. The to go options are limited if you are by yourself as the pizza is best enjoyed stuffed and in a large size. But I still enjoyed my personal, one topping style.

Visited July 2014
“Chicago style deep-dish is the best pizza in the world”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

Do not come to this restaurant for the service; instead, eat at this restaurant to taste the best pizza in the world. We were a group of 6 and made reservations/arrived to a packed restaurant at 6 pm on a Friday. Salad was great; waitress was inattentive and we had to flag her down several times for drinks. They stack stuff on the tables (pizza holders, plates, etc) so it is difficult to engage in conversation with the person on the other side of the table. This pizza can't be beat...next time we will pick up the pizza and head home to eat.

Jersey City, New Jersey
“Chicago Deep Dish? I'll take NY Style anytime!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

I'm from New Jersey. New Jersey has AMAZING pizza. I live next to New York. New York also has some good pizza. I have never been a fan of Deep Dish, but I've been to an Uno's and I find it suitable. I was excited to try Giordano, considering everyone claimed it was the best, but ultimately I find the Tri-State area still makes better pizza!
This place is expertly located by the Gurnee Mill mall, and it is also within its own strip mall. We went here because my boyfriend graduated from the Naval Base, and his lunch of choice was deep dish pizza.
I enjoyed the theme and decor of the place. It makes you feel like they know what they're doing when it comes to pizza.
We ordered a family sized salad as an appetizer - I have no idea what it's called, but it was DELICIOUS! Mescalin greens adorned with shaved fennel, heirloom tomatoes, and asiago cheese in a lemony dressing - truly, all my favorite things!
But the pizza, it my opinion, fell short. First, it was served cold - well, lukewarm to be exact. There's no room for lukewarm with this gal - it's gotta be HOT! We went with the Vegetable Supreme thin crust and the Chicago Special deep dish, both in large sizes. (Dining with six people, we couldn't finish either of them.) The vegetable, while brimming with crunchy veggies and cheese, was rather bland. To be exact, the crust was bland. it was crispy, but had no flavor. I think the dough needed salt. The Chicago Special deep dish pizza was a bit tastier, but the crust was also bland.
As an out-of-towner, I wasn't too impressed with the pizza, but I'm admittedly bias. It was still a good lunch, and I got to spend it with my recently-graduated boyfriend, so it was worth it.