“Dont judge book by it's cover!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Gurnee
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Gurnee
Reviewed 24 February 2013

First and foremost, this was my first experience with Laquinta hotels. Since we have a pet it impressed me to go to a website where the hotel brand is so pet friendly with no high or if any pet deposit. Upon arriving to hotel, the building is older. Very much older. But I guess I was going to take what I could get. We were greeted with a hearty welcome from front desk agent whose name I found out later is Jimm*. Very plesant young man. And for a person like myself that is "non white". I am always cautious of ones who may make ones feel like they are not wanted. Not in this case.

Rooms here are smaller than what I was used to. But we were quite surprised. The room was actually very clean. Newer furniture in room. Also we were surprised at the flatsceen TV. When you turn on tv, the first channel is actually the logo of hotel. Then you are given three options of listening to a creek, watching a fire and another majestic scene. SInce we went in the winter the fireplace screen was so neat. We were so impressed. The beds were very comfortable. Almost pillowtop but not quite. The sink though is not inside the bathroom. It is separate. There was a minature fridge. It sat on floor and looked older but inside it was very cold. They offered coffee with individual coffee maker with paper products of cups. They are not real. The temperature is thermostat controlled. Which was nice. They had free internet but I got knocked off several times in the night.

We did travel with a dog. Purposely when getting ready, I let my dog sit on bed for her to purposely leave small dog hairs on sheets. So that when returning for the night I would check to see if our sheets were actually changed as they promised. Sure enough, when I returned and pulled back full bedspread I could not locate one......not one single dog hair.

The towels of the hotel are actually white. Yes, white. No dingy anything. Very nice. The only thing that I disliked was how the carpet was so dirty when walking to elevator. That is my biggest pet peeve. They definitely needed vacuuming. But we went during weekend and they were very busy. Another downfall is the doors. The door we had does SLAM shut. I guess to make sure the door fully closes. Also, they do not put trash bags in trash can. We just used our own plastic bags. Upon leaving, Krysta* was again extremely pleasant.

This hotel is literally within walking distance to Cracker Barrell and to other restaurants. Also there is so much to do in this small area. Gurnee Mills (Mall) but you cannot walk to it. Also Great America (amusement park) and a water park. The area is very hardy. Does not seem to be a shady or seedy area. The area seems accepting of all cultures and races.

It would be nice though if hotel could have a small area like an enclosed dog park for dogs. There is not one in the area.

I would definitely stay here again. I was very pleased. If you are looking for thrills and frills, then there are other hotel options. But this hotel satisfied our needs. We did not eat breakfast or use the pool to comment on it. They also have a rewards program. Oh and also, must I forget, the towels in the room were actually bright white. You dont see that everywhere. I hope this hotel keeps up its standard. Keep up the good work! And management, please personally acknowledge the two associates that I mentioned in this review.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 10 February 2013

Room very clean, pool area nice and relaxing, morning bfast hot and inviting. Would deff stay again. I had 3 other people with me and advised them to set hotel search to LaQuinta inn where ever they are traveling, this will be for me to. I will stay again. Thanks

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 February 2013

This is my 2nd weekend visit. I like the breakfast quality and variet Ilike the workout and pool facilities. I love its location which is central to everything business and pleasure, yet off the main road so as not be bothered by road noise. You have to look for it to find it but that's ok with me.

MMM

Reviewed 8 January 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank zemi06
Reviewed 4 January 2013

Stayed here with husband and two kids for 7 nights. Check in and check out were fast and friendly. Front desk staff always helpful and corteous. Loved the pool/spa area, clean and warm even when it was 20 degrees outside. Room was super clean and bath seemed like it was recently updated. Common areas were clean and well kept. The breakfast is regular continental breakfast but well stocked and included so I cant complain. Plenty of good family restaurants within walking distance. This hotel is a great value if you need a safe, clean room to sleep while on vacation.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family