“BAD EXPERIEND”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Gurnee
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Gurnee
Reviewed 1 May 2014

This was a very bad experience of a stay at a hotel for me and I read the reviews - my 14 year old son and I went in for a quick trip to see my other son graduate from Navy boot camp - I was too tired from traveling and our busy schedule to even deal with it or look for another place - the room wreaked of cigarette - the bathroom had rust stains - you could smell marijuana as soon as you got off the elevator - the pool was nasty - I took my son over just for a quick stop so I could change and he was so disgusted and afraid his uniform was going to smell like smoke when he got back to base that he wanted to leave right away -

A TripAdvisor Member
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We were so impressed with this hotel and will definitely stay again when in the Gurnee area. Very clean, the beds were great and the people at the front desk were very attentive and concerned that we have a nice two night stay. Will definitely be coming back! Thank you! P.S. The breakfast food was also very good!

Reviewed 22 April 2014

We stay here or La Quinta, Kenosha, WI, when we visit our grandchildren. La Quinta Gurnee has the enclosed pool and hot tub that makes it our choice during inclement weather. Breakfast is good. Staff is excellent.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Last minute booking was no problem. The room was clean, bed comfortable and since I was on the 4th floor, very quiet. Pets stay for free which is one reason LaQuinta is my choice when traveling with my two poodles.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Spent 3 nights here to see my daughters graduation from Navy Boot Camp. Its about a 15 min drive to the base and 30 min to OHare. Pretty average experience overall. I've stayed at better La Quinta's but this worked for us. The beds were comfy and most the staff was friendly. The rooms were overall clean. It's an older hotel and a little more run down than I would have liked. The common areas had trash on the floors and a couple vending machines didn't work properly but, staff was nice and reimbursed us our coins. Overall a good experience.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Hotel OK, staff non responsive. No shuttle if that is important to you if for attending graduation on the Naval base as parking and driving can mean waiting in long lines. You may want to consider another hotel closer to base otherwise it was OK but most La Quintas I have experienced are better than this one

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family