“cool for kids” 3 of 5 bubbles

24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“cool for kids”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2012

I took my kids there to see the giant snake. It was indeed giant. They have interesting stuff and cool things that the kids seem to love

Mundelein, Illinois
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Wish the Animals Were Cared for Better”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2012

I love animals so naturally I always check out S.S. when I'm at Gurnee Mills. Unfortunately I don't think they take very good care of the animals for sale or for show. On more than one occasion I have seen dead scorpions or lizards just laying in their cages. The animals in back don't seem well cared for either. Their cages are tiny and it looks like they don't get much interaction.

Visited April 2012
2 Thank inlovewithmusic15
Chicago
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 99 helpful votes
“Very cool, excellent value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2012

Once you step into the back area where they animals are housed, it's very surprising how big it is and how many cool animals they have. The guide takes you on a very cool and educational safari. My 9 year old loves it and is completely fascinated by all the amazing creatures. The habitats are well kept. One of our favorites are the long-nosed turtles, they are adorable. The GIANT snakes are amazing too, as are the crocodiles - ooo kinda scary too when the big one at the end swims right by you just a couple inches of glass away from your face. Definitely a must-do at least once and well worth repeating.

Visited December 2011